2010 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

Why did Ford stop making these?

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Small work horse with good mileage and comfort."

Cons: "No built in GPS."

"I have owned Rangers for years and always ran them into the 200 thousand plus miles. I bought this one specifically for pulling a travel trailer and is works wonderful. No problem pulling 3<000 lbs through the mountains, get approximately 14-15 mpg pulling it and in low 23-24 not pulling. Where can I find another when this one is done?"

Best mid-size truck ever!

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Pros: "Tough, reliable, and powerful for a V6."

Cons: "VERY small, arm rests are easily breakable and MPG"

"I can honestly say that I have taken this truck to the underworld (forgive my terrible substitution) and back. I put it through some of Michigan's toughest terrains and this little truck seems to conquer them with ease! I would recommend this truck to anyone because it's practical for almost any job and can be quite fun to go off-roading in. If you're looking for a tough, AMERICAN, light-duty truck, this is it!(It is quite the little gas hog though!)I've driven it hard for 250,000 miles and all I've had to do is basic maintenance. I will never buy anything but a Ford after owning this 4X4 Ranger Edge."

My favorite vehicle of all

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "beautiful vehicle, strong, reliable, value holding"

Cons: "pump brakes in Park when it has been raining"

"Safety in winter is prime factor in northern Minnesota and I am 70 and a chicken driver. This 2001 Ranger XLT 4WD 6-cylindar keeps me safe at all times, and still gets 12 in town and 18 on the highway, but I don't travel a lot--what I do is move, it seems, and when I do this vehicle allows me to do it all myself. I keep my furniture simple and all belongings are in 33 full-sized trunks. It is a simple matter, really, to empty each, transport the trunks, follow with it contents in cloth carry-bags tied at the top and refill at destination, often a storage bin. In this manner my Ranger has given me freedom, as well as being strong and completely reliable. Only thing a little difficult is that at 70 I am shrinking a little each year, and getting into this medium-sized pickup is becoming more challenging, an energetic leg-up each time now. But I don't mind. I love this vehicle! Bought it for cash, sight unseen on Craigslist on the way back from Alaska and the seller turned out to be a second cousin, but my banker almost had a heart attack. I wanted a Ranger: this was the only one that week in my area--late 2009. Tonight I find out on Kelley's Blue Book that it has only lost $500 value in 4 years. A friend stands ready to buy it. In fact, 3 friends do. It's very handsome, as well! Best for me, it is simple. Not over-digitized. If you get one, pump the brakes in Park when you start out if it's been out in the rain. Otherwise, they are too sharp at first. Five quick pumps takes care of that. We were always a Chevy family, but I think even Dad would have allowed this particular Ford truck into the garage."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted