• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

Based on 1273 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

Super Reliable Utility Truck

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Super slow depreciation"

Cons: "Wish it had more modern drive train"

"Just large enough with enough power to perform weekend warrior tasks. Fits in parking spaces. Decent mileage at 17-18 MPG in 4.0 Litre Cologne V6."

Ranger

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "great work truck for its size"

Cons: "not a truck to take a road trip in."

Mutt Truck, two large dogs, one great little truck.

"Great truck for value, never a problem with mine, very hard working little truck, the seven foot bed makes a big difference when needing cargo space. Under powered, should have bought a 6cyl, mileage is good."

Mutt Truck, two large dogs, one great little truck.

Why did Ford stop making this truck?

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Nice truck, fun to drive"

Cons: "A few dents and dings on chrome bumper"

Metalic gray

"This truck was purchased by my husband in 2004. He changed oil meticulously every 3000 miles. He loved it like his child. He passed away in December of Pancreatic Cancer. That is why I am selling it because he never would. He wanted to keep it for a lifetime. Nice looking vehicle with alot of power."

Metalic gray

My favorite vehicle of all

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "beautiful vehicle, strong, reliable, value holding"

Cons: "pump brakes in Park when it has been raining"

"Safety in winter is prime factor in northern Minnesota and I am 70 and a chicken driver. This 2001 Ranger XLT 4WD 6-cylindar keeps me safe at all times, and still gets 12 in town and 18 on the highway, but I don't travel a lot--what I do is move, it seems, and when I do this vehicle allows me to do it all myself. I keep my furniture simple and all belongings are in 33 full-sized trunks. It is a simple matter, really, to empty each, transport the trunks, follow with it contents in cloth carry-bags tied at the top and refill at destination, often a storage bin. In this manner my Ranger has given me freedom, as well as being strong and completely reliable. Only thing a little difficult is that at 70 I am shrinking a little each year, and getting into this medium-sized pickup is becoming more challenging, an energetic leg-up each time now. But I don't mind. I love this vehicle! Bought it for cash, sight unseen on Craigslist on the way back from Alaska and the seller turned out to be a second cousin, but my banker almost had a heart attack. I wanted a Ranger: this was the only one that week in my area--late 2009. Tonight I find out on Kelley's Blue Book that it has only lost $500 value in 4 years. A friend stands ready to buy it. In fact, 3 friends do. It's very handsome, as well! Best for me, it is simple. Not over-digitized. If you get one, pump the brakes in Park when you start out if it's been out in the rain. Otherwise, they are too sharp at first. Five quick pumps takes care of that. We were always a Chevy family, but I think even Dad would have allowed this particular Ford truck into the garage."

Wish I could keep my Ranger

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "roomy & comfy, beautiful & classicl, hauling stuff"

Cons: "turning radius, 2-wheel drive traction on snow/ice"

"Purchased used in 2005, my Ranger is about to turn over to 100k. I have the opportunity to get my Mother's car with only 35k, and even though I have to fold myself up to enter it (2008 Chevy Cobalt) I think that's the way I will have to go. But if I could afford to have my druthers, I would keep my Ranger, fix the minor body work, replace whatever needed replacing and keep it forever, I would. In spite of the rear wheel drive on snow issues, I always got around much better than people I know with little cars because of the Ranger's higher clearance; I just took it slow and easy and kept sand bags in a frame in the bed. I wish I wish I could keep it. In spite of the lousy turning radius. In spite of the AC currently not working -- probably just needs Freon, because I rarely used it anyway. Still, it's a beautiful vehicle, roomy --I'm 5'10" 165 and even when I was 90 pounds heavier it was roomy-- lined truck bed, Nice chrome not plastic fenders, beautiful rims. Sigh. I really, really don't want to sell."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals