• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

Based on 1274 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

Yes it's not a typo...8,800 miles 2011 Ranger 4x4

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "Simplicity of operation and repair."

Cons: "The uncomfortable cloth seats."

"I am a land surveyor and was looking for a small 4x4 pickup for my business. It needed to have a cap to enclose my field equipment as well as a trailer hitch to pull my steel frame trailer and ATV. I looked at every late model used small truck in my area and all the 4x4 Toyota's and Nisan's, even used, were in the 25k range without a cap. Three weeks ago I saw this little Ranger at a dealer and it had a Top-of-the-line Leer Cap, standard 5 speed, 6 cyl. 8.8" rear with heavy duty load package (rancho shocks) and (when I bought it) 7,700 actual miles. They were asking 18k and I thought about it for a minute or two...and bought it. (The cap alone was 1.5-1.7k). I is not the most comfortable truck, nor the most powerful truck but it seems dependable, simple to repair and fairly fuel efficient. It is perfect for my business and so far has performed well both on-road and off-road. I may add a locker to the rear for better off-road ability in the winter. I'll give an update after I get some more miles on the truck."

Why did Ford stop making these?

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Small work horse with good mileage and comfort."

Cons: "No built in GPS."

"I have owned Rangers for years and always ran them into the 200 thousand plus miles. I bought this one specifically for pulling a travel trailer and is works wonderful. No problem pulling 3<000 lbs through the mountains, get approximately 14-15 mpg pulling it and in low 23-24 not pulling. Where can I find another when this one is done?"

Very reliable, easy to mod. Just a weak motor.

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "cheap, fun to drive, easy to mod, looks great,"

Cons: "weak motor, not good on gas"

"Rides great, only had to change a pulley since ive got it almost 2 years ago. Very nice truck, very reliable, easy to mod and put your own taste on it."

Great value for the money..

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Great utility for the money."

Cons: "Design of 4-door body is poor."

"The overall utility of this truck is great, however the early flex fuel engine requires more than average maintenance. The Super Cab with extra "half doors" has not worked well. Only tiny children can sit behind the front seats and these doors do not stay in adjustment. Before we owned this "Four-Door" version we owned a Super Cab Ranger without the extra doors. It was much more reliable and was less noisy. I also think the four door body is not as safe as the two door version."

Best mid-size truck ever!

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Pros: "Tough, reliable, and powerful for a V6."

Cons: "VERY small, arm rests are easily breakable and MPG"

"I can honestly say that I have taken this truck to the underworld (forgive my terrible substitution) and back. I put it through some of Michigan's toughest terrains and this little truck seems to conquer them with ease! I would recommend this truck to anyone because it's practical for almost any job and can be quite fun to go off-roading in. If you're looking for a tough, AMERICAN, light-duty truck, this is it!(It is quite the little gas hog though!)I've driven it hard for 250,000 miles and all I've had to do is basic maintenance. I will never buy anything but a Ford after owning this 4X4 Ranger Edge."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals