• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

Based on 1273 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

Great First Truck

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Great Fuel Economy, great for outdoor chores"

Cons: "small cab, 16 spark plugs"

"I have had this car for almost 100,000 miles now, about 7 years, and I think it is great. If you are a single guy or maybe in high school, this is a great vehicle. Nothing fancy about it. Runs great. I usually get 23mpg city and 28 hwy. It is a light truck, so it most definitely needs the weight in the winter months in the back. It isn't very practical if you have a family because only one other person can ride with you.Doing your own mechanical work on it is very simple, besides the spark plugs."

I love this truck!

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "great little truck"

"I bought this truck from my company when they replaced it with a Frontier. I drove the truck when it was purchased new and made sure that it had regular maintenance done on it. It is a 5 speed 4 liter that just keeps on giving! I wish Ford still made them because i would much rather have another Ranger than the Frontier Im in now."

Bought New. Now have 197k on it.

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Dependable & Reliable."

Cons: "Seat broke and wont stay up. I have it propped."

"I bought my 2003 Ranger brand new and have put 197,000 miles on it and it still runs like new. Never had any major mechanical issues. One of the most reliable and dependable vehicles I have ever owned. I still can't believe they stopped production on such a solid vehice. As I approach 200k I am debating doing some repairs/maintenence such as new shocks (I still have the originals on it!), and it may need a tie rod and ball joints or getting a new vehicle, Tough decision as I believe this motor will go to 300k the way it starts and runs."

Very dependable, would buy a new one.

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Cons: "Rear brakes require a lot of attention."

"This has been a great vehicle, very dependable. If Ford still made them I would buy a new one. Instead I am updating this one, installing leather, replacing step bars and getting body nicks repaired. I have looked at the Toyota and Nissan trucks, too small to get in and out of."

Very Nice Vehicle

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "4WD; Back Seat; Reliable; Looks Great; Fun."

Cons: "Low Gas Mileage; Basic Sound."

"I have owned this vehicle for less than a year as my vehicle to get to and from school. It has never broken down for the amount of miles on it and there are extreme cosmetic blemishes, just the ware and tare of 13 years of use. The only major issue is the low gas mileage, that is due to the oversize tires it came with. I can deal with that if that is the only problem!"

Yes it's not a typo...8,800 miles 2011 Ranger 4x4

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "Simplicity of operation and repair."

Cons: "The uncomfortable cloth seats."

"I am a land surveyor and was looking for a small 4x4 pickup for my business. It needed to have a cap to enclose my field equipment as well as a trailer hitch to pull my steel frame trailer and ATV. I looked at every late model used small truck in my area and all the 4x4 Toyota's and Nisan's, even used, were in the 25k range without a cap. Three weeks ago I saw this little Ranger at a dealer and it had a Top-of-the-line Leer Cap, standard 5 speed, 6 cyl. 8.8" rear with heavy duty load package (rancho shocks) and (when I bought it) 7,700 actual miles. They were asking 18k and I thought about it for a minute or two...and bought it. (The cap alone was 1.5-1.7k). I is not the most comfortable truck, nor the most powerful truck but it seems dependable, simple to repair and fairly fuel efficient. It is perfect for my business and so far has performed well both on-road and off-road. I may add a locker to the rear for better off-road ability in the winter. I'll give an update after I get some more miles on the truck."

Why did Ford stop making these?

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Small work horse with good mileage and comfort."

Cons: "No built in GPS."

"I have owned Rangers for years and always ran them into the 200 thousand plus miles. I bought this one specifically for pulling a travel trailer and is works wonderful. No problem pulling 3<000 lbs through the mountains, get approximately 14-15 mpg pulling it and in low 23-24 not pulling. Where can I find another when this one is done?"

Very reliable, easy to mod. Just a weak motor.

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "cheap, fun to drive, easy to mod, looks great,"

Cons: "weak motor, not good on gas"

"Rides great, only had to change a pulley since ive got it almost 2 years ago. Very nice truck, very reliable, easy to mod and put your own taste on it."

Great value for the money..

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Great utility for the money."

Cons: "Design of 4-door body is poor."

"The overall utility of this truck is great, however the early flex fuel engine requires more than average maintenance. The Super Cab with extra "half doors" has not worked well. Only tiny children can sit behind the front seats and these doors do not stay in adjustment. Before we owned this "Four-Door" version we owned a Super Cab Ranger without the extra doors. It was much more reliable and was less noisy. I also think the four door body is not as safe as the two door version."

Best mid-size truck ever!

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Pros: "Tough, reliable, and powerful for a V6."

Cons: "VERY small, arm rests are easily breakable and MPG"

"I can honestly say that I have taken this truck to the underworld (forgive my terrible substitution) and back. I put it through some of Michigan's toughest terrains and this little truck seems to conquer them with ease! I would recommend this truck to anyone because it's practical for almost any job and can be quite fun to go off-roading in. If you're looking for a tough, AMERICAN, light-duty truck, this is it!(It is quite the little gas hog though!)I've driven it hard for 250,000 miles and all I've had to do is basic maintenance. I will never buy anything but a Ford after owning this 4X4 Ranger Edge."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals