• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2006 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

Based on 1204 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Bought New. Now have 197k on it.

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Dependable & Reliable."

Cons: "Seat broke and wont stay up. I have it propped."

"I bought my 2003 Ranger brand new and have put 197,000 miles on it and it still runs like new. Never had any major mechanical issues. One of the most reliable and dependable vehicles I have ever owned. I still can't believe they stopped production on such a solid vehice. As I approach 200k I am debating doing some repairs/maintenence such as new shocks (I still have the originals on it!), and it may need a tie rod and ball joints or getting a new vehicle, Tough decision as I believe this motor will go to 300k the way it starts and runs."

Great all around work/pleasure vehicle, economicle

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, good power, very durable, versatile"

Cons: "Room in cab is limited for longer trips."

"This little truck with the 4.0 engine has all the power you need for anything within reason. It will travel at freeway speed all day long and with the 5 speed manual trans it gets very good gas mileage. (up to 24 mpg) I use it quite a bit to pull a10' X 5' steel trailer with a Can Am Commander loaded on it. The commander weighs about 1350# and the trailer a good 1000# and I pull it up and down mountain grades out in Arizona. The mileage is the biggest attraction with the other nice advantage being ease of parking and manueverability."

More solid and better gas mileage than the import

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Solid, comfortable, pleasant to drive"

Cons: "fishtails on rough roads"

"I bought this ten years ago as a rebuilt wreck, after having three small import pickups. This little Ranger feels more solid and gets better gas mileage. It has been a good little rig and now has 220,000 miles. The only complaint is that like all pickup trucks, the back end is squirrely on rough roads. This one is worse than usual. It has lots of power if you keep the revs high, otherwise it ifeels sluggish."

Best compact truck on earth

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Economicness, wide range of power, towing power"

Cons: "2wd=no standard lsd= some low traction"

"My parents bought me this truck for me 2 years ago for my birthday. It had 3686 miles on it. The previous owner drove it from his house to his semi and back. less than a mile each way. I now have just over 21000 miles. I noticed that my exuberant driving style rendered me about 16 mpg average. This past winter I put in a k&n high flow air filter in and slowed my driving down. I gained another 2-3 mpg average. This truck is now the best. The wide ranger of power in the mid-low rpm ranger is amazing. When the truck is in 5th gear, and you step on the throttle but never kick it into passing gear, the power just surges and 50-90 mph is dealt with in less than 1300 rpm and cruises at 90 mph at about 3000-3100 rpm. When you accelerate in the power band the full 207 hp puts you into your seat a little for the entire 1500 rpm power band. Its an amazing truck. Also I have towed a 12ft cargo trailer with a 1100 pound utv on it and I have no problem towing it up a 29 degree slope that is around our camp."

Garaged at home and seldom even wet

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

"A showroom quality beauty- Black,extra chrome, 17 upscale wheels,floor mats,etc. 88 years and do not need. Brush only."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals