2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

Based on 1282 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

Why did Ford stop making these?

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Small work horse with good mileage and comfort."

Cons: "No built in GPS."

"I have owned Rangers for years and always ran them into the 200 thousand plus miles. I bought this one specifically for pulling a travel trailer and is works wonderful. No problem pulling 3<000 lbs through the mountains, get approximately 14-15 mpg pulling it and in low 23-24 not pulling. Where can I find another when this one is done?"

Best mid-size truck ever!

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Pros: "Tough, reliable, and powerful for a V6."

Cons: "VERY small, arm rests are easily breakable and MPG"

"I can honestly say that I have taken this truck to the underworld (forgive my terrible substitution) and back. I put it through some of Michigan's toughest terrains and this little truck seems to conquer them with ease! I would recommend this truck to anyone because it's practical for almost any job and can be quite fun to go off-roading in. If you're looking for a tough, AMERICAN, light-duty truck, this is it!(It is quite the little gas hog though!)I've driven it hard for 250,000 miles and all I've had to do is basic maintenance. I will never buy anything but a Ford after owning this 4X4 Ranger Edge."

Why did Ford stop making this truck?

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Nice truck, fun to drive"

Cons: "A few dents and dings on chrome bumper"

Metalic gray

"This truck was purchased by my husband in 2004. He changed oil meticulously every 3000 miles. He loved it like his child. He passed away in December of Pancreatic Cancer. That is why I am selling it because he never would. He wanted to keep it for a lifetime. Nice looking vehicle with alot of power."

Metalic gray

My favorite vehicle of all

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "beautiful vehicle, strong, reliable, value holding"

Cons: "pump brakes in Park when it has been raining"

"Safety in winter is prime factor in northern Minnesota and I am 70 and a chicken driver. This 2001 Ranger XLT 4WD 6-cylindar keeps me safe at all times, and still gets 12 in town and 18 on the highway, but I don't travel a lot--what I do is move, it seems, and when I do this vehicle allows me to do it all myself. I keep my furniture simple and all belongings are in 33 full-sized trunks. It is a simple matter, really, to empty each, transport the trunks, follow with it contents in cloth carry-bags tied at the top and refill at destination, often a storage bin. In this manner my Ranger has given me freedom, as well as being strong and completely reliable. Only thing a little difficult is that at 70 I am shrinking a little each year, and getting into this medium-sized pickup is becoming more challenging, an energetic leg-up each time now. But I don't mind. I love this vehicle! Bought it for cash, sight unseen on Craigslist on the way back from Alaska and the seller turned out to be a second cousin, but my banker almost had a heart attack. I wanted a Ranger: this was the only one that week in my area--late 2009. Tonight I find out on Kelley's Blue Book that it has only lost $500 value in 4 years. A friend stands ready to buy it. In fact, 3 friends do. It's very handsome, as well! Best for me, it is simple. Not over-digitized. If you get one, pump the brakes in Park when you start out if it's been out in the rain. Otherwise, they are too sharp at first. Five quick pumps takes care of that. We were always a Chevy family, but I think even Dad would have allowed this particular Ford truck into the garage."

Wish I could keep my Ranger

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "roomy & comfy, beautiful & classicl, hauling stuff"

Cons: "turning radius, 2-wheel drive traction on snow/ice"

"Purchased used in 2005, my Ranger is about to turn over to 100k. I have the opportunity to get my Mother's car with only 35k, and even though I have to fold myself up to enter it (2008 Chevy Cobalt) I think that's the way I will have to go. But if I could afford to have my druthers, I would keep my Ranger, fix the minor body work, replace whatever needed replacing and keep it forever, I would. In spite of the rear wheel drive on snow issues, I always got around much better than people I know with little cars because of the Ranger's higher clearance; I just took it slow and easy and kept sand bags in a frame in the bed. I wish I wish I could keep it. In spite of the lousy turning radius. In spite of the AC currently not working -- probably just needs Freon, because I rarely used it anyway. Still, it's a beautiful vehicle, roomy --I'm 5'10" 165 and even when I was 90 pounds heavier it was roomy-- lined truck bed, Nice chrome not plastic fenders, beautiful rims. Sigh. I really, really don't want to sell."

great smal truck. Payload is super.

By on Saturday, June 01, 2013

Pros: "No problems for 130,000 miles"

Cons: "rear end whine, though never got worse"

"Great truck, though has had rear whine since new, never got worse 25 MPG handles great. Rear access behind seats (extended cab) is difficult. Payload is great, 1700 lbs, no problem at all. Put air shocks and premium brakes on it, run synthetic for all moving parts. Uses no oil. Wish I had 2 of them!"

My Chief Means of Transportation

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "It is still dependable."

Cons: "Needs some mechanical work as well as cosmetic."

"Was bought used in 2004 with 42,000 miles on it. Just now has some mechanical problems. My main problem is front oil gasket and oil pan gasket repairs, naturally needs new tires, but other than this it gets me where I need to go. It is not pretty now, but fixable. I cannot complain for an old gal."

I love this Truck. . . may I please have another

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

"This was my first truck and it couldn't have been a better vehicle for me. Sure it has it's issues like needing tires frequently and moderately noisy on the highway but I couldn't have asked for a better truck to drive, work on, and rely on for the last 5 years. I've had issues with brakes but that is probably my own fault and the tires maybe a little as well. I put 100k miles on it and loved it. If you are looking for a truck for your son this is it. Especially if he enjoys doing his own work on it. (ie. brakes, oil, alternator, etc.)"

Very reliable, heavy duty

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pros: "Good for off roading"

Cons: "Uncomfortable poor quality seats."

"I bought the Ranger 4x4 new, knowing that I would have to use it for work and would take it off-road often. With that in mind, I only expected to keep it around 5 years. However, 11.5 years later it still runs great and I haven't had sufficient justification to sell it yet. The truck has required very little repair beyond general maintenance."

affordable truck for light use dependable relaible

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "price reliability ease of upkeep"

Cons: "bare bones features, performance, ride"

"these trucks are hard to beat the motors are reliable as well as solid bodies although there pretty bare bones as far as features the quality of parts they use are very good 260k miles and it still runs near to new im not a mechanic by any means but i replaced my clutch and manual transmission by myself with basic tools and a $75.00 transmission jack in under 8 hrs for $400.00 parts are plentiful and pretty cheap for these trucks"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals