2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

Based on 1307 Ratings for the 2001 - 2011 models.

great smal truck. Payload is super.

By on Saturday, June 01, 2013

Pros: "No problems for 130,000 miles"

Cons: "rear end whine, though never got worse"

"Great truck, though has had rear whine since new, never got worse 25 MPG handles great. Rear access behind seats (extended cab) is difficult. Payload is great, 1700 lbs, no problem at all. Put air shocks and premium brakes on it, run synthetic for all moving parts. Uses no oil. Wish I had 2 of them!"

BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED

By on Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pros: "BEST MID SIZE TRUCK EVER MADE"

Cons: "Bad fuel economy (excluding the 4 cyl.)"

"I have owned new Ford and Chevy trucks, full size and smaller. This Ford Ranger FX4 has been the greatest truck I've ever owned. I am the original owner of my 2003 Ranger. I haven't had to do anything to this truck except for general maintenance. I get compliments all the time on how good it looks. Thats pretty good considering the truck is all stock except for the tinted side windows. I have put a K&N cold air kit on it, also a one inch throttle body spacer, and has a performance programmer. This truck really scoots when I want it to. The only drawback is fuel mileage. It sucks. People will try to sell you on the whole idea that a V6 will get better milage than a V8. Not true. And I get 10% better fuel mileage since I did the preformance modification. I would buy this truck brand new all over again. WAIT, Ford quit producing them in the USA. I guess I can't do it again"

Very reliable, heavy duty

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pros: "Good for off roading"

Cons: "Uncomfortable poor quality seats."

"I bought the Ranger 4x4 new, knowing that I would have to use it for work and would take it off-road often. With that in mind, I only expected to keep it around 5 years. However, 11.5 years later it still runs great and I haven't had sufficient justification to sell it yet. The truck has required very little repair beyond general maintenance."

I love this Truck. . . may I please have another

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

"This was my first truck and it couldn't have been a better vehicle for me. Sure it has it's issues like needing tires frequently and moderately noisy on the highway but I couldn't have asked for a better truck to drive, work on, and rely on for the last 5 years. I've had issues with brakes but that is probably my own fault and the tires maybe a little as well. I put 100k miles on it and loved it. If you are looking for a truck for your son this is it. Especially if he enjoys doing his own work on it. (ie. brakes, oil, alternator, etc.)"

affordable truck for light use dependable relaible

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "price reliability ease of upkeep"

Cons: "bare bones features, performance, ride"

"these trucks are hard to beat the motors are reliable as well as solid bodies although there pretty bare bones as far as features the quality of parts they use are very good 260k miles and it still runs near to new im not a mechanic by any means but i replaced my clutch and manual transmission by myself with basic tools and a $75.00 transmission jack in under 8 hrs for $400.00 parts are plentiful and pretty cheap for these trucks"

Best Truck Ever! 2nd one and hope I get 300,000.

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "All around little truck and dependable!!"

Cons: "N/A"

"Best little truck I have ever had!! My 1997 Ranger got me 300,000 miles and a friend still has her and she now has over 400,000 and still clicking. My friend calls her the little Cream Puff!!! Can not believe they are discontinuing this truck:("

running strong..........still

By on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Pros: "runns great"

Cons: "wind noise around doors"

"new fuel pump $650 after 135000 miles still going strong.... super chip programmer, gibson exhaust stage 2, air raid intake, truck is strong on performance mode, gets 18.6 avg on mixed driving on ex-stream fuel economy mode has done over 22 mpg on hwy trips"

solid work truck

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"I bought this truck a few years ago to use as a work truck for the occupation of forester. The reason I initially bought this truck is with other brands, in order to get a v6, skid plates and 4wd they required you to buy a high end trim level. The truck to date has logged 60 thousand miles and has only required regular maintenance. The truck is relatively cheap to run with a average mpg between 18-20 in mixed highway/ forest road driving. With a set of bfg all terrain tires the, truck delivers good fwd performance with the ability to climb steep dirt grades and break trail through a foot of snow. The XL trim works good for a work truck because of the vinyl seats and rubber floor does not get funky from riding in it with wet clothes/gear. On the downside the truck is not very refined, and has a tendency to bounce around when taking turns on a rough road. the cab is also a little small for a larger person, and with the regular cab and two passengers there is virtually no room for gear inside the cab. Overall the truck delivers what could be expected form a compact, and has proven to be a low cost, reliable vehicle to run. A few things which would be nice to see in future models is a slightly larger cab, more refined suspension, and a option for a small diesel engine."

Expectation

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"What more could you want from a small economical pickup (only city driving getting 22 minimum-25 mpg). Was going to buy the Tacoma 4 Cyl, previous vehicle was altima and it ran great. The ranger was reveiwed well by car and track and consumers reports with the edge going to the Tacoma, Howerver spoke with repair shops auto part counter workers and Read everything i could about these ford/mazda little trucks before i bought. In the end the ford was a better proven platform. BULLET PROOF and time proven and tested. 2.3L 5 spd 410 rear gears have PLENTY of power for this truck. Read the reviews from owners of Tacomas and rangers, too many Tacoma gripes. Ranger owners reviews sold this truck to me."

Can't Complian

By on Sunday, September 20, 2009

"I've had my Ranger FX4 for 5 years. I have had no major mechanical repairs. I have been overwhelmed on how well it handles and gets through snow. I live in the upper midwest where we have snow storms of over 20 inches and it trucked along right through ever bit of it with no problems. I recently got the fuel system flushed and was surprised at the added MPG. I have outgrown the space inside of it now and am going to be looking for a larger vehicle. When I was looking for a vehicle 5 years ago i would have never imagined that this little truck would do EVERYTHING i asked for it to do and come back for more. I would highly reccomend a vehicle like this for anyone looking for a small truck with alot a gitty up and go and also with the ability to haul just about anything city folk would want. I have made several 1400 mile plus trips in it and I can't complain about the ride of the truck how it gets up and goes on the interstate when you need it. It's always started even in -29 degree weather and ran like a champ. I guess thats part of the reason its built ford tough!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals