1999 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 751 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

Good all-around pickup

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"I have a 1998 supercab 4x4 in xlt trim, with the 3 liter v-6 and 5 speed manual. I bought it with 49,000 miles in april 03', it now has 89,000 miles. Here is what I've experienced: -Averages 20 mpg overall. -If you have 4x4, get the 4.0 for better torque, especially if you're towing. -The front ball joints wore out by 80K, there are no grease fittings on them either. -Replaced alternator around 80K. -Factory exhaust is still in good shape. -Be careful how you engage the automatic hubs, or you can wreck them. "Read the owner's manual." -Paint is still very glossy, not a speck of rust anywhere. Alloy rims are pitted from road salt though. Overall, this has been a very good, tough truck. If you're going to buy a ranger, make sure you get the one that fits your needs. Get a 4x4 for sure if you live in the snowbelt. Stay away from earlier rangers with twin I-beam suspensions. The older 2.8L and 2.9L had problems as well."

GREAT

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage; sturdy truck"

Cons: "Small cab; not made for giants."

"I drove this truck for 10 years and put 140,000 miles on it. Great truck. Never had any engine or transmission issues. The only thing I had to replace are typical things that wear out over many miles (tires, alternator, suspension, timing belt, etc.) Ford makes great trucks."

my 4th ranger in a row

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "great for outdoor sports support"

Cons: "really cheap carpet, windshields always crack"

"these are very useful vehicles overall. i can't believe ford is disc. them in the us. who will be the 1st co to bring a good small pickup to this mkt? That will probably be my next new vehicle."

100% Reliable

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Great mpg, easy to work on, safe"

Cons: "Low power out of engine, no room in cab."

"I'm the second owner on the truck, vehicle has 275k+ miles and runs perfect. Basic oil changes, tires, plugs wires, coil, clutch, and front end are only repairs ever had to been done. 24 city 29 highway mpg. I love this truck. The only bad thing is the fact it's a single cab... There is no room, it is even small for a standard! I wish the vehicle had a little more power.. I am unable to park on a hill and leave in gear because the lack of compression. On the highway, the get up and go is terrible. At full speed takeoff, I am getting passed by others casual driving."

The best vehicle I've had.

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "They're tough and go forever."

Cons: "I didn't really not like anything about it."

"The entire time I had this vehicle, it was a well diversified truck. It was decent on fuel and could do a lot of work. It was tough and didn't take damage too easy. The Ranger had a good ride and it handled well too in all the elements. I always felt safe in it. It also had pretty good ground clearance for a smaller truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals