1999 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 742 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

Ranger

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"The 98 ranger 5 speed 4 wheel drive has been nothing short of reliable. I feel as though it has been as good a truck, if not better, than any of the competing trucks in its class. I have not had any issues outside of standard maintenance. The mileage is 145K and I anticipate it going another 120K without issue."

Saved my life

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Reason: It was bent in half by a semi truck

Pros: "Saved my life"

Cons: "hard to find in good shape"

"I owed this truck for years. It rarely had issues and the ones it had were normal wear and tear for a heavily used vehicle. I would still be driving this truck today if I hadn't been rear ended by a semi truck. This ford pick up saved my life! If any of the safety features had failed or if the truck had not been as well made as it was I would have been pancaked. The truck didn't make it as it more closely resembled the letter V after the accident than it did an automobile, but it did it job and more."

Pretty good little pickup

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Solid pickup, very capable for it's size."

Cons: "Fairly low miles per gallon."

"I bought this pickup late last year, and it has yet to let me down. It wasn't in perfect condition when I got it, it had been used for work. And that's exactly what I expect out of a pickup is for it to work. And with work come dings, scratches and other "blemishes". Gas mileage seems a little bit low than what I would have hoped for in a little pickup but it is what it is. Then again, I do have big tires on it, and they're probably not very fuel economic themselves. Other than that, the only major problem I've had with it are the ball joints like another reviewer had mentioned. The replacement joints I put in did have grease zerks so hopefully they might last a bit longer? Other than that, it has stayed pretty solid for me. Routine maintenance things of course but all in all, I like it very much. It has gotten me through a fair amount of snow, even the record setting snowfall we had a few weeks ago. It's a little tight carrying the family around but we make do."

Pretty good truck!

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Decent on Gas, Cheap and Affordable,"

Cons: "Can't tow much, no crew cab availability."

"I have owned the truck since 2005, it was passed down from my grandfather, and he never drove it. When i got it, it had about 30k Miles on it. No dings, nothing. I used it like a work horse, i tow a 5x10 trailer with it everyday. Trailer will hold about 2500lbs and the truck struggles a bit, but surely gets it done. The only problem i have had with the truck, is the transmisson. I believe it's from all the towing, and overworking that has been done to it. I rebuilt it, using heavy duty parts, and that helps it a little. I've seen many ford rangers with 300k miles on them, so im hoping to atleast get 200k with this. All around good truck."

Basic truck that never let me down

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, cheap to maintain, simple design"

Cons: "Rough ride"

"2000 Ford Ranger XLT with 3.0 liter v6, 2wd, limited slip, towing package, hd suspension. 134k mileage. Other than regular maint, tires, brakes, truck only broke down once... computer chip (still ran / did not shift gears). Tow 5k lb boat, dump runs, takes it all. Small, rough ride, very basic, but its a truck (well not in TX). Only putting 3k a year on it now... probably have for another 20 years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals