1998 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 743 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

most durable and reliable vehicle in its class

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "bulletproof reliability, easy to maintain"

Cons: "smaller inside than other mini pickups"

"This is my second Ranger and they have both been totally bulletproof. Have 175,000 miles on this one. The 3.0 V6 is unbreakable and continues to run strong. The ONLY issue it has ever had is the notoriously weak factory radiator with the plastic end caps. This is the only major component that has ever been replaced. Everything else is original except wear items of course. They might be a bit rattly and smaller inside but if you want a totally dependable vehicle this is definitely one to consider."

I owned for 12+yrs I love it. VERY RELIABLE

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "great price plenty of bed room and good mpg"

Cons: "I have nothing bad to say about this truck"

"gotten 22+ mpg highway. 18mpg city. has 247k+ miles and starts right up EVERY time. I would buy another one in a heartbeat."

Great pick up when you don't push it's limits.

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "Quality, value, convienient"

Cons: "small, mpg same as larger trucks, vacuum hubs"

"I bought this pick up (I use the term pick up because its just not quite tough enough to be called a truck) used with 90,000 miles. Since I bought it I've replaced the automatic vacuum hub system with manual lockers. In my opinion that is a must for this generation of Ranger due to the un-reliability of the stock system. I have replaced for the sake of preventative maintenance: clutch, main bearing, brakes, CV axles, rotors (front). I have bee very pleased with this pick up over all. I push a snow plow with it in the winter, hauled and pulled loads that should have been handled by a 3/4 ton or larger pick up and it keeps truckin like a boss The only real issue I've had with this pick up was in the winter time it was colder that -40 degrees for about 8 days in a row and one day the truck failed to start because of an aging fuel pump. I had to have it towed to a friends garage to thaw. In summary if you are looking for a small pick up this is a great option but remember it's not a full size truck and if you use it as such the poor little guy is going to complain."

100% Reliable

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Great mpg, easy to work on, safe"

Cons: "Low power out of engine, no room in cab."

"I'm the second owner on the truck, vehicle has 275k+ miles and runs perfect. Basic oil changes, tires, plugs wires, coil, clutch, and front end are only repairs ever had to been done. 24 city 29 highway mpg. I love this truck. The only bad thing is the fact it's a single cab... There is no room, it is even small for a standard! I wish the vehicle had a little more power.. I am unable to park on a hill and leave in gear because the lack of compression. On the highway, the get up and go is terrible. At full speed takeoff, I am getting passed by others casual driving."

Reliable Pickup

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"Exceptional reliability. No significant problems over 10 years. Excellent drivability in snow and mud. This truck will get you off the mountain in blinding snow storm!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals