1998 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 743 Ratings for the 1998 - 2000 models.

Good all-around pickup

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"I have a 1998 supercab 4x4 in xlt trim, with the 3 liter v-6 and 5 speed manual. I bought it with 49,000 miles in april 03', it now has 89,000 miles. Here is what I've experienced: -Averages 20 mpg overall. -If you have 4x4, get the 4.0 for better torque, especially if you're towing. -The front ball joints wore out by 80K, there are no grease fittings on them either. -Replaced alternator around 80K. -Factory exhaust is still in good shape. -Be careful how you engage the automatic hubs, or you can wreck them. "Read the owner's manual." -Paint is still very glossy, not a speck of rust anywhere. Alloy rims are pitted from road salt though. Overall, this has been a very good, tough truck. If you're going to buy a ranger, make sure you get the one that fits your needs. Get a 4x4 for sure if you live in the snowbelt. Stay away from earlier rangers with twin I-beam suspensions. The older 2.8L and 2.9L had problems as well."

Great bang for the buck!!

By on Saturday, March 15, 2008

"I've had my truck for about 4 years now, bought it used with 100,000 on it. It has never let me down, just regular maintinence, and now with gas prices the way they are, its great that its the flex fuel model and I can run e85 in it. only 2.50 a gallon rather than 3.69 for regular! still getting 24miles per gallon!! with a 4x4 that isnt underpowered at all thats pretty dang good!"

my 4th ranger in a row

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "great for outdoor sports support"

Cons: "really cheap carpet, windshields always crack"

"these are very useful vehicles overall. i can't believe ford is disc. them in the us. who will be the 1st co to bring a good small pickup to this mkt? That will probably be my next new vehicle."

GREAT

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage; sturdy truck"

Cons: "Small cab; not made for giants."

"I drove this truck for 10 years and put 140,000 miles on it. Great truck. Never had any engine or transmission issues. The only thing I had to replace are typical things that wear out over many miles (tires, alternator, suspension, timing belt, etc.) Ford makes great trucks."

The best vehicle I've had.

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "They're tough and go forever."

Cons: "I didn't really not like anything about it."

"The entire time I had this vehicle, it was a well diversified truck. It was decent on fuel and could do a lot of work. It was tough and didn't take damage too easy. The Ranger had a good ride and it handled well too in all the elements. I always felt safe in it. It also had pretty good ground clearance for a smaller truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Ranger Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals