2015 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,322 - $23,453.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

Based on 50 Ratings for the 2015 - 2017 models.

As much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "Performance and handling."

Cons: "If you need a back seat for people you're screwed."

"My basis for comparison: In 2006 I bought a '06 Porsche Boxster. Great car, fun to drive, expensive to service. In 2012 I bought a new Audi S4. Again great car, too civilized for my taste, didn't care for the "automated manual" transmission, heavy in the corners. In 2016 I bought this GT Premium. It is powerful, a blast to drive - especially since I only have the performance options -, and it's inexpensive to keep. I won't bad mouth the other cars but I will say I like the mustang better than the Audi S4 just based on performance and handling alone."

Best Value in the coupe market for $25K

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "price, styling, quality, performance"

Cons: "a bit large/ base suspension a bit soft/ options$$"

"Traded an 08 BMW 328i on this car after just waking into a dealership to kill some time. Drove a fusion and didn't care for it but the Mustang looked great and was fun to drive. By current standards, a large car but you get used to it and outward visibility is good along with the standard b/u camera. The EB 4 cyl. mkes enough power to be entertaining and mileage is good, but this car will never be confused with a BMW straight 6 for smoothness. Handling and braking are fine for the street although the base suspension seems a bit loose compared to BMW. On the highway it's a quiet, comfortable high speed cruiser that perfect for interstate travel. Front seats are very comfortable with lots of leg room and side support. The manual tranny has a light feeling clutch and shifter making the car easy to drive in town. Styling is what caught our eye--both in and out; the exterior is the perfect evolution of what a Mustang should look like after 50+ years, while the interior is well thought out. Quality has been terrific in 7K miles; the assembly and finish inside and out has been top notch. No mechanical problems so far either. The dealership went out of state to get the car and gave us a great trade value on th BMW.Including the Ford incentives and dealer discount, this base EB with just a couple of options sold for under $25k. At end--this isn't our best car of all time, but this is a comfortable, fun to drive car, with knockout styling and lots of standard equipment.For the money, I really don't see anything else out there in a coupe that beats it in value."

Overall Amazing!

By on Thursday, June 9, 2016

Pros: "fit, finish, quality, many standard features"

Here's lookin' at ya!

"The quality and workmanship on this 2015 Mustang base is incredible. Nothing disappoints. Enjoyed my 2011, but this 2015 is beyond compare. Ford must have challenged themselves quite a bit to develop this car. Friends who drive BMWs and Audis are even impressed."

Here's lookin' at ya!

It's been a brilliant car.

By on Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pros: "All round brilliant car"

Cons: "Could do with the RS Focus power, same engine!"

"I have owned the 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with performance pack for nearly 1.5 years. Never had any issues with it. The interior is very well put together. It's not a sports car but a very capable Grand Tourer as it's too heavy to be truly nimble. It handles brilliantly on roads like the Skyline Blvd 35. Put it in Trac mode and it's very quick, especially using the paddles. The dual clutch box is a dream, virtually instantaneous gear shifts. I have averaged 26 mpg city/long commutes/aggressive driving. If you spec the 265/20 tyres then expect expensive replacements $1200 for all corners. I have done 17500 on the originals but they have a lot of tyre left so I probably won't need to replace them until 25k miles. My only complaints are: The lighting that you can change in the car is great but you can't change the center display. So it kind of defeats the purpose when you select a nice colour for the interior and dials and yet the center info screen is bright white. It's not easy to turn off the main GPS/stereo unit when driving. You have to tap a few options before you can kill the screen display. When driving at night I like a black screen so it doesn't distract me. I have Sync 2 so perhaps they have a physical button for that now. Personally the Sync I have is great. Sure it's way from perfect but I don't know a system that is - I've had Merc, BMW, Honda etc. Never had issues with it and just except it does all the things I want but not brilliantly. Sync 3 is much improved. I wish though that they would just use Google/waze. Why bother making their own inferior versions! I really think they should release the power upgrade that the Focus RS has, same engine, so why can't I have the same horsepower and torque Mr Henry?! They could have made the dials for the turbo, oil temp etc be on the top of the dash. You can only choose them to be displayed digitally and individually in the center dash. Shame. I like seeing them on the non premium as physical analog dials. They pipe in the sound of a pretend engine when you drive at full chat. Again, BMW and others do this, the engine is very quiet. I wish they didn't bother. It's an inline 4 with a good exhaust system. However if you like more stupid noise then you will need to change the back box. Or get a proper V8. The boot is huge and very usable. The back seats are only good for tiny people. But you can squeeze a full size adult in. They need to be pliable or very drunk with a sense of humour. I din't need back seats as it's only a max of 2 people at anytime. We have a separate Ford Explorer Sport for sociable trips/towing. I love the Explorer too. Conclusion. The 2015 Mustang is a great car, and I've seen several 2016 ecoboost dual clutch auto's for $22k on dealer lots which is an insanely cheap brilliant coupe. People who insist on buying German or Japanese are missing a lot by ignoring Ford US. They make great cars with superb engines. Economical and powerful. Ford UK has used turbos for a very long time and they're great proven tech. Personally I can't see what the fuss is over German/Japanese. German is expensive and in my experience of owning several BMW's, they just cost huge amounts to buy and maintain. Japanese on the whole make good, underpowered and boring cars unless you get the GTR, WRX/STI or 350/370Z, maybe the Genesis Coupe. But we all buy what we want/need."

Very good car

By on Saturday, June 11, 2016

"I bought the basic car with an auto tranny. I drive 80 miles a day to work and back, mostly interstate. This car is fun to drive has plenty of pep for a v-6. I am getting about 27 mpg with a heavy foot. The traction control does a wonderful job even on ice. I had the cruise set on 80 mph hit an ice covered bridge was able to keep the car on the road. Yes i slowed after hitting that bridge and seeing 14 other cars that did not make it. Said bridge also had a sweeping turn in it you could not see around it. I did not want a mustang when i bought this car, but i'm old school and do not want a 4 door car. This is all that Ford has left in a 2 door car sorry to say. But i do love driving it, it drives and rides better than the past mustangs. I did however have to put my personal touch on it with a custom stripe."

Best American Muscle Car!!

By on Thursday, August 20, 2015

Pros: "Looks sporty, sounds great and handles well."

Cons: "Back seat, but I'll never sit there LOL!"

"I hired this car in Los Angeles last month and was so impressed that I came home to France and ordered it. It sounds great, goes like a rocket, handles well and stops abruptly when asked. The inside has everything one needs in terms of information, it's comfortable and well designed. I hired and ordered the V8, automatique convertable with lots of options. In France I'm paying $70,000(€62,760) US(with a 5 year garantee). That's not the cars fault though, just all the French taxes etc etc. Value for money, this is the best sports car in world."

This is the best Mustang GT

By on Friday, August 14, 2015

Pros: "Sexy looks, handles well, good bang for the buck"

Cons: "Less than stellar tires, cramped back seat"

"Grab a sandwich and a drink, this is a long review. I had a 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR. For those who don't know what that is, it's a rocket on wheels all-wheel-drive rally car. My brother got a Mustang GT, let me test drive it, and I traded in the Evo the next day. I had driven a couple of 1967 coupes with 289s, and they were nice cars for their time; lively and fun to drive - in a relatively straight line. I've driven several other Mustangs from other generations, and as the solid rear axle aged, I grew increasingly more disenchanted with the handling. I tested a 2011 GT, and was underwhelmed. Build quality, handling, and fit & finish were, to be blunt, abysmal. The car felt like a cheap tin can on wheels with poorly aligned body panels, nothing lined up in the cabin, and it felt really floaty on the road; the rear end wanted to hop around turns. In a straight line, the car had plenty of pull, but you had to really be careful in turns. The 2015 Mustang GT is light years beyond the previous generation. Build quality, handling, and fit & finish are, at least on mine and my brother's vehicles, impeccable. The interior is comfortable, doesn't feel "cheap," and has just the right touches in just the right places to make it feel more upscale than it actually is. It harkens back to the 60s without feeling like it came from the 60s. There is a LONG list of standard features that used to be expensive package options, so Ford got that one right, too. Power delivery in the GT is smooth; the S550 Coyote engine really likes to wind up. I gave the car a 9 in driving dynamics for two reasons ... the tires and the shifting. The Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season tires really should not have found their way onto the GT. They have a tendency to lose their grip under even mildly spirited driving on San Antonio roads. A pure summer tire would have been better. Once these wear out, I'll be going with Michelin tires. As for the transmission, under spirited shifting, it feels "notchy," not as smooth as other 6 speed manuals I've driven. That could be a matter of just breaking it in a bit more. For daily (read: "normal") driving, the transmission shifts very smoothly. Clutch take-up is predictable and smooth, and isn't a problem in traffic. For a daily driver, this car does a great job. The suspension is supple enough to soak up most of the bumps, but stiff enough to make taking some sweeping turns fun. I would prefer a slightly stiffer setup, which you can get with the Performance Package, but you'll pay for that. Brakes can be touchy until you get used to them. Try not to leave your teeth in the steering wheel; this IS a modern sports car, not grandpa's old Plymouth Fury II, and the brakes reflect that. I have a relatively "heavy" foot, and I'm averaging about 17 MPG on my short drive to work of mixed highway/surface streets, about 50/50 each. It does just fine on 87 octane fuel. Back seat ... well ... it's there. Two people without legs, or two dogs, or baby seats, will fit. Anyone over the age of 3 ... not a good idea, unless they're sitting behind someone who is under 5 feet tall. Trunk room, on the other hand, is copious, relatively speaking. Styling ... some folks love it (like me), some folks hate it (haven't met any, but I'm sure they exist), and there are probably those who just don't care either way. Personally, I think it is the sexiest looking Mustang produced. Ever. Even better that my (former) favorite 1969/1970. Overall, I'd give this car a 9.8 out of 10 (see comments above about tires and transmission). This is the "everyman's sports car" ... GREAT bang for the buck!"

Mustang GT Premium is a kick in the rear end!

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Great bang for the buck performance"

"I was never much of a Ford guy and hadn't owned a Ford in many years. I started looking at Mustang GT's a few years ago and really liked the looks of them. For some unknown reason I didn't by a Mustang in 13 or 14 and waited until the 15 models to come out and am I glad that I waited. The new design is very appealing and the more I look at this car the more I like it! I haven't owned mine long enough to determine the reliability, but everything seems well made and don't see any issues on the horizon. I can say that this car has power to spare. I had a chance to take it out on the open highway a few weeks ago and had a lot of open rode in front of me. It looked like a good time to see just how much power this car had so I punched it at around 70 MPH. The Mustang took off like it was shot out of a cannon and hit 120 with no effort whatever. Good thing they're limited to 155. There's no doubt in my mind it can hit that speed easily. LOL"

Best Mustang ever made.

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "Immaculate interior, Classic Mustang lines"

Cons: "NONE"

"I just bought this car two months ago. It handles like a European sports car, yet has the power needed to demand respect. I would like to see three inches added to the rear seats, thus making the trunk smaller, but that is just splitting hairs. I didn't buy it for the rear seats. This Mustang is just a joy to drive and own."

Fun to drive

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

I want this car

Pros: "Upgraded interior, superb handling & braking on GT"

Cons: "Styling cues subject to individual taste."

"The 2015 Mustang GT is one of the best Ford has produced. The driving dynamics, suspension, and overall quality is much improved. I've owned two mustangs in the past and this one is by far the most fun to drive. Equipped with the latest tech toys and a much more modern interior, it leaves very little to be desired. I mean this as a compliment when I say the new mustang drives like an American muscle car, cross-bred with a modern import sport tuner car. For driving enthusiasts that's the best I can describe it. However, I must admit I have one small gripe about the car. I'm not a fan of the new exterior design. It is definitely a performance vehicle and well balanced, but in my opinion the new front clip styling makes it look more like a 2 door Fusion coupe than a Mustang. Looking at them side by side on the lot it is evident Ford is making an attempt to create a more distinct "family" line and use similar styling cues on all their cars. (Much in the same way BMW does) However, the mustang should not be included in this design family. It is far too distinct of an American icon and deserves to stand alone. In fairness the front end is very aggressive and sleek but I guess I preferred the outgoing Mustang more than the current one. The rear tail lights are also a bit odd and take some getting used to. Don't get me wrong this is a beautiful machine overall. Styling is always just a matter of taste. From what I've observed among most Mustang admirers is that if you were a fan of the 1970 Mustang you will love this model. If not, you'll still find it appealing enough to buy. It has enough muscle and luxury to win you over. Exhaust note is good, but a bit toned down from the previous beast. If you can spare the extra cash on installing an aftermarket exhaust I think its money well spent."