2015 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,322 - $23,453.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2015 - 2017 models.

As much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "Performance and handling."

Cons: "If you need a back seat for people you're screwed."

"My basis for comparison: In 2006 I bought a '06 Porsche Boxster. Great car, fun to drive, expensive to service. In 2012 I bought a new Audi S4. Again great car, too civilized for my taste, didn't care for the "automated manual" transmission, heavy in the corners. In 2016 I bought this GT Premium. It is powerful, a blast to drive - especially since I only have the performance options -, and it's inexpensive to keep. I won't bad mouth the other cars but I will say I like the mustang better than the Audi S4 just based on performance and handling alone."

Best Value in the coupe market for $25K

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "price, styling, quality, performance"

Cons: "a bit large/ base suspension a bit soft/ options$$"

"Traded an 08 BMW 328i on this car after just waking into a dealership to kill some time. Drove a fusion and didn't care for it but the Mustang looked great and was fun to drive. By current standards, a large car but you get used to it and outward visibility is good along with the standard b/u camera. The EB 4 cyl. mkes enough power to be entertaining and mileage is good, but this car will never be confused with a BMW straight 6 for smoothness. Handling and braking are fine for the street although the base suspension seems a bit loose compared to BMW. On the highway it's a quiet, comfortable high speed cruiser that perfect for interstate travel. Front seats are very comfortable with lots of leg room and side support. The manual tranny has a light feeling clutch and shifter making the car easy to drive in town. Styling is what caught our eye--both in and out; the exterior is the perfect evolution of what a Mustang should look like after 50+ years, while the interior is well thought out. Quality has been terrific in 7K miles; the assembly and finish inside and out has been top notch. No mechanical problems so far either. The dealership went out of state to get the car and gave us a great trade value on th BMW.Including the Ford incentives and dealer discount, this base EB with just a couple of options sold for under $25k. At end--this isn't our best car of all time, but this is a comfortable, fun to drive car, with knockout styling and lots of standard equipment.For the money, I really don't see anything else out there in a coupe that beats it in value."

Overall Amazing!

By on Thursday, June 9, 2016

Pros: "fit, finish, quality, many standard features"

Here's lookin' at ya!

"The quality and workmanship on this 2015 Mustang base is incredible. Nothing disappoints. Enjoyed my 2011, but this 2015 is beyond compare. Ford must have challenged themselves quite a bit to develop this car. Friends who drive BMWs and Audis are even impressed."

Here's lookin' at ya!

It's been a brilliant car.

By on Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pros: "All round brilliant car"

Cons: "Could do with the RS Focus power, same engine!"

"I have owned the 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with performance pack for nearly 1.5 years. Never had any issues with it. The interior is very well put together. It's not a sports car but a very capable Grand Tourer as it's too heavy to be truly nimble. It handles brilliantly on roads like the Skyline Blvd 35. Put it in Trac mode and it's very quick, especially using the paddles. The dual clutch box is a dream, virtually instantaneous gear shifts. I have averaged 26 mpg city/long commutes/aggressive driving. If you spec the 265/20 tyres then expect expensive replacements $1200 for all corners. I have done 17500 on the originals but they have a lot of tyre left so I probably won't need to replace them until 25k miles. My only complaints are: The lighting that you can change in the car is great but you can't change the center display. So it kind of defeats the purpose when you select a nice colour for the interior and dials and yet the center info screen is bright white. It's not easy to turn off the main GPS/stereo unit when driving. You have to tap a few options before you can kill the screen display. When driving at night I like a black screen so it doesn't distract me. I have Sync 2 so perhaps they have a physical button for that now. Personally the Sync I have is great. Sure it's way from perfect but I don't know a system that is - I've had Merc, BMW, Honda etc. Never had issues with it and just except it does all the things I want but not brilliantly. Sync 3 is much improved. I wish though that they would just use Google/waze. Why bother making their own inferior versions! I really think they should release the power upgrade that the Focus RS has, same engine, so why can't I have the same horsepower and torque Mr Henry?! They could have made the dials for the turbo, oil temp etc be on the top of the dash. You can only choose them to be displayed digitally and individually in the center dash. Shame. I like seeing them on the non premium as physical analog dials. They pipe in the sound of a pretend engine when you drive at full chat. Again, BMW and others do this, the engine is very quiet. I wish they didn't bother. It's an inline 4 with a good exhaust system. However if you like more stupid noise then you will need to change the back box. Or get a proper V8. The boot is huge and very usable. The back seats are only good for tiny people. But you can squeeze a full size adult in. They need to be pliable or very drunk with a sense of humour. I din't need back seats as it's only a max of 2 people at anytime. We have a separate Ford Explorer Sport for sociable trips/towing. I love the Explorer too. Conclusion. The 2015 Mustang is a great car, and I've seen several 2016 ecoboost dual clutch auto's for $22k on dealer lots which is an insanely cheap brilliant coupe. People who insist on buying German or Japanese are missing a lot by ignoring Ford US. They make great cars with superb engines. Economical and powerful. Ford UK has used turbos for a very long time and they're great proven tech. Personally I can't see what the fuss is over German/Japanese. German is expensive and in my experience of owning several BMW's, they just cost huge amounts to buy and maintain. Japanese on the whole make good, underpowered and boring cars unless you get the GTR, WRX/STI or 350/370Z, maybe the Genesis Coupe. But we all buy what we want/need."

Very good car

By on Saturday, June 11, 2016

"I bought the basic car with an auto tranny. I drive 80 miles a day to work and back, mostly interstate. This car is fun to drive has plenty of pep for a v-6. I am getting about 27 mpg with a heavy foot. The traction control does a wonderful job even on ice. I had the cruise set on 80 mph hit an ice covered bridge was able to keep the car on the road. Yes i slowed after hitting that bridge and seeing 14 other cars that did not make it. Said bridge also had a sweeping turn in it you could not see around it. I did not want a mustang when i bought this car, but i'm old school and do not want a 4 door car. This is all that Ford has left in a 2 door car sorry to say. But i do love driving it, it drives and rides better than the past mustangs. I did however have to put my personal touch on it with a custom stripe."