2015 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,179 - $23,389.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/04/2016

9.3

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2015 - 2017 models.

Surprising handling, good car overall.

By on Monday, August 3, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Handling, looks, interior fit and finish"

Cons: "Fuel economy, ergonomic details"

"Reporting from a 3-day weekend rental. Having also rented a 2014, I can say this: they've vastly improved the handling, but the exhaust on the base six doesn't sound as cool anymore. Very nice interior. Radio was a pain to sync up to my phone; otherwise no troubles. Seeing out was improved but still not great. Power, no question there was plenty even in the base model. Decent trunk space. Keyless ignition/entry was poorly executed, I needed to think about what the system was doing and act accordingly because it didn't have the seamless feel of, say, Toyota's system. I would have rather had a key-style ignition in this case. Fuel economy was low for a car this size. But given the amount of power, it's not unexpected. I was in the low-to-mid twenties. Handling was really, really good, which is saying a lot as my daily driver is a BMW. They've really refined it; the 2014 still cornered okay but it didn't feel graceful or refined. The 2015? Yes, it drives like a proper refined sports car now. It still looks, sounds, and feels like a Mustang should, only it handles better."

Great first Ford car ... for me .

By on Monday, February 15, 2016

Pros: "Great Gas"

Cons: "Monitor so small .....Very Small for back up cam."

"I did not trust ford before. I just gamble for Mustang. It is great gamble.. i Win on my gamble. Good Look, Great style and Great Engine of Ecoboot."

Love the new style

By on Thursday, May 14, 2015

Pros: "Solid, Great ride, the updates are awesome."

Cons: "Realy a 2 person car. back seats storage"

"So far so good. 1st new Ford ever. I am very impressed with the quality. The comfort is great also. I'm a big guy 6' 280 lbs and I can ride in this car all day. Ive only been driving it for a month and have about 850 miles on it, so its hard to tell how the high end power is, I havent pushed her yet but seems to have plenty of get up and go for a 6 cyl. The driving dynamics are wonderful. Better than I would have thought. I bought one with all the options they offered and glad I did. love the 3.55 trans. and other upgrades. Nice quiet ride except when I have the radio rocking. I would say if your even thinking of getting one, go ahead and test drive one you will fall in love and be quite surprized. I was and i'm a very hard sell. This aint your daddies old Mustang, Enjoy!!"

Power, Performance and Value!

By on Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pros: "Great Value, Power, Performance and Comfort."

Cons: "No sunroof option. No factory tinted window."

"Love my 2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic with the Performance Package (a value) - so fun with the manual transmission! The torque the refined and classic 5.0 puts to the ground feels like a true sports car. The premium leather heated/air conditioned bucket seats offer all day comfort! Warning - expect a lot of attention wherever you go! The car is gorgeous with the 19" Premium wheel package! Much nicer than the restricted view and sight lines you get with the Chevy Camaro."

Best car i have ever owned!

By on Friday, December 4, 2015

Pros: "very fun car to drive, great price,"

Cons: "back seats are not comfortable"

"people think its a $200k car when its only around $30k CAD beats all its competition includes every car at 60k or under"

A Feel Good Ride!

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Fast, Fun, Responsive"

Cons: "none yet!"

"From bumper to bumper, my Mustang screams, have fun, drive me, drive me some more! The touches from the past, as well as the options of today are impressive with beautiful detail. The seating just kind of hugs you with comfort. The six-speed transmission? More fun! Face it, I didn't buy my Mustang to drive the soccer team around, I bought this so no matter where I was going, at least the drive was going to make me smile! Not a single issue with any feature on the car, although I did have to clean the garage for it."

Driven Mustangs since 1998 this is best one yet

By on Sunday, May 24, 2015

Pros: "Handles well, has great power amd great looks"

Cons: "they shouold have done away with the hood rod,"

added the aftermarket Hood struts

"Driven Mustang V-6s since 1998, went for the GT this time. Car looks great, handles well and POWER to spare :) The ride is good, sounds like a muscle care should"

added the aftermarket Hood struts

FORD steps up

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I want this car

Pros: "looks awesome, built by FORD in the US"

Cons: "haven't found any"

"I gave this car less than 10 in reliability because it hasn't been around long enough, not because it is less reliable than other cars. The looks are killer, the i4 ecoboost engine is just what the doc ordered. The MPG and HP = cool ride! The interior is comfortable and well done. The Mustang in general is a way better looking car than the transformer/cartoonish looking Camaro. Chevy is always doing the tougher than you look, that makes their cars look out of place. I'm sure GM makes a fine car, it's just the look of the Camaro and their trucks do nothing for me. The Challenger is in line with the Mustang. I know for a fact FORD builds a solid reliable car, I own a Fusion and a F-150 and love them both."

The fit and finish is terrible inside & out

By on Friday, April 1, 2016

Pros: "Handles good, the V-6 has plenty of power"

Cons: "Terrible ride, noisy"

"The exterior body panels fit and clearances differ around the car. The driveshaft design appears to be faulty and very difficult to repair. Query this problem on the internet for more info. Test drive the car carefully at high speeds and notice any vibrations. If you feel anything abnormal run away, its not the tires."

Im convinced finally

By on Sunday, March 6, 2016

Pros: "looks amazing, fast, great why mileage gas"

Cons: "city gas, ford sun confusing, sync"

"I would never in a million years think of buying a ford. When you think of cheap plastic, loud rumbling noise, trashy poorly built , you think of a mustang. Not anymore. I was looking for cars and there was NOTHING that I was interested in and then I cam across the new mustang. Beyond beautiful car. It drives more european and Im 100 percent ok with it. Finally american autos are getting the picture. Felt like it was build to be raced, and that it would last. I would like to say that the handling could be a tad better and maybe a bit faster but then again thats just me wanting more. Its a FAST car and I optioned for the icy turbo for gas that could be a little better and the audio system touch screen could be a bit more responsive, more like a tablet and a bit clear audio but to be honest its perfect. By far the sexiest looking car on the road today. The amount of attention you get can be a bit annoying."

Best value

By on Friday, June 12, 2015

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Wheel hop"

"Dollar for dollar, best value in it's class, in terms of perfomance and aesthetics."

Amazing!

By on Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, amazing style,"

"driven many, many cars, many makes and models, this is by far one of the best vehicles out there, great style, lots of power, very affordable price and maintenance, as soon as my lease is over will highly consider getting a new one!"

'15 mustang gt premium, pp, voice nav, adapt cruis

By on Monday, January 5, 2015

Pros: "performs as needed"

Cons: "first gear (mt-81) engagement can make car jump"

"Drive modes, adaptive cruise, collision control, voice nav - phone - climate - stereo (speed volume), heated / ac seats and a 6 speed manual. I Drove 50 miles a day in my '06. Fire red with black stripes. Now, a different V-8 sound and look. Most of all is the new curve handling and straight line ability. Safety is my priority with a young son. The pony light projection, turn signals off the doors and door sills with rear tail lights you see from the side view is missing no more. Former '85-88 Ford tune up tech: Stability, performance and controls safely puts the novice beyond his or her normal abilities respectfully. Telescopic - tilt like my corvette for the in fighter in me. Concerns: MT-81. The car lunges forward as I move from neutral to first gear from day one. I found it consistent if I drifted forward slightly, stopped and re engaged the clutch. The light shut off / delay is a power drain on the reserve I would shorten. I found the sales mgr contacting to correct multiple comments he made.-to confirm I was wright on options he was not aware of. Enjoy the 35 videos ford offers and brace your self for the ride. Little to no protection for under side of the larger radiator is a concern."

AMAZING

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I want this car

Pros: "It is the perfect American Muscle Car"

Cons: "Push Start"

"I took this car on a test drive the other day and now I have to have it!"

Close to perfect

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, BEAUTIFUL design"

Cons: "Price for premium options are too expensive."

"I'd like to start by saying I LOVE my new Mustang but there are a few things I would like to have seen differently now that I've owned it for a few months. I would give this car a 10/10 with these changes. Before getting to the changes I want to say that this car was close to perfect from what I expected from it. Everything I have listed in this are minor flaws I found but important ones I believe for a lot of people. I'm trying to give the exact flaw I found, how it impacts me as an owner/driver of this car and how it could be improved. First with the exterior: 1) Front turn signal/marker lights are a stock amber color and that makes the car look old and dated. When the lights are on the turn signal/marker lights should be white but turn amber when the turn signal is on and flashing. Driving at night the car looks like an older car from the front because of the bright amber lights. I don't like having a brand new car that looks older because of the bright yellow lights in front 2) Speaking of lights, the LED "gill" lights are beautiful but not bright enough, the headlight alone outshine the LEDs and you can barely see them when the headlights are on. When the car is coming down the road it's hard to see the LED gill lights because the headlights outshine them so much. Maybe the gills should be brighter or have a different look so you can clearly see the difference 3) I would've liked to see some sort of emblem on the side of the V6 and EcoBoost cars like the "5.0" on the GTs, it just gives it a nicer look from the side and helps your pride as a mustang owner when you can clearly see the difference of a V6 to EcoBoost and EcoBoost to GT 4) I would've liked to see different grilles on the V6 and EcoBoost, the GTs have the "teeth" look coming through the grille, I would've liked to see something to differentiate the EcoBoost from the V6 as well. There isn't much on the outside to help differentiate the V6 and EcoBoost models except for fog lights, wheels and the emblem on the trunk 5) The default black rear deck lid and rear valance should be different or have an option for a different color on the black cars. For example, I bought a black car but I really wanted the look all the other cars have from the back with different colors. Now on to the interior: 1) The storage space in front of the shifter is way too small, my smart phone barely fits in there and I have a standard size galaxy s4, anytime my phone sits in there and I take a quick turn or i'm on a winding road the phone tends to slide and fall right out of the storage space onto the floor, that not safe for the driver so maybe move the shifter back an inch and increase the storage space so it's easier to store things there 2) the 12V charger in that same storage area needs to be moved to the left a few centimeters, when I have a phone charger plugged in, it's way too uncomfortable to pull it out with how little room there is on the right side of the charging port. 3) The hard plastic used in the center area where the cup holders and shifter is feels way too cheap. It takes away from all the beautiful and quality material there actually is in the car 4) The shifter should be moved a few centimeters left and the cup holders should be moved a few centimeters up and to the right, the way it's designed does give me more space for my arm to rest but only when there is no drink in the front cup holder. When there is a drink there my wrist tends to bend more around my drink to wrap around the shifter, which is also uncomfortable for my wrist. 5) We need more storage space overall, the only space is the center console (which lacks space as well), the glove compartment (also too small), and the door panels (which are too skinny) Maybe add space on the outside near the feet of where the center stack is. 6) Its not very comfortable flipping through the toggle switches because of the little space between the shifter and the switches. 7) The military style badge is great and the toggle switches are great but because of the 1 solid color finish and the engraving isn't that deep it's hard to read them from the driver's seat. So maybe put black into the engraving so it's easier to read 8) There is a way to make the inside feel bigger, that would be by moving the seat belts for the driver and front passenger down like they are on the convertible models and make the "day light opening" in the windows completely open from the inside the way it looks on the outside. Also by doing this, you will be able to see more of the inside of the car from the outside looking in which will give it a bigger feel. It will also give the driver better view of their "blind spot" because it'll be completely open and also for larger people it'll give them more shoulder space 9) The dome light fixture looks exactly the same as older models, so I would like to see that updated and look a little different as with the "flaps" on the vanity mirrors. For example, on the 2010 mustangs the vanity mirror flaps resembled the shape of the hood and that was really unique so maybe do something similar. 10) Additional cup holders for the rear passengers and 1 in each door panel would be nice. Sometimes I have 2 drinks and my passenger has 1 drink and the additional drink has to be put on the floor or on my back seats which is inconvenient 11) Adding heated steering wheel and inflatable seat belts for future models would be nice features. 12) Add some technology for rear passengers like a 12V in the back. 13) Try adding 1-2 inches of leg room in the back seats and more head room for rear passengers 14) The "Start" push button shouldn't have a red accent, but a black accent. The red accent around the button looks tacky...As of right now this is all that I can think of, in my opinion these are all minor things that could be changed but a lot of people buy cars based on the details. Overall I would say that this car met and exceeded my expectations on many parts. The drive is incredible, the design inside and out is revolutionary for what a Mustang is. With this car I'd say that Ford has a very bright 50 more years with this car."

Wise Move

By on Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pros: "It's a proper 'Stang."

Cons: "minimal warranty"

"Trust me, I'm NOT a Ford guy, I’d test drove a 08 GT once; it was a big waste of my time. I decided to give it another this year so I test drove the 2015 GT during my lunch break, wow I was sold. The only problem was I needed the wifey blessings, so I took her to the dealership that evening for a test drive…. Long story short, I’d never seen her that excited, she said ‘it felt like driving a bigger go cart’… SOLD(white GT premium with all possible options). The only small problem is- I get to drive the car on weekends only but the wifey is soooo happy these days!!!"

Mustangs have never been like this before!

By on Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Pros: "Design, speed, and comfort"

Cons: "Passenger controls"

"I got my mustang about 3 months ago. It's the best car I've had and that's saying a lot because i'm only 17 and have had 3 cars. Before the mustang I had a jeep wrangler and ill never go back. The comfort of the car is unbelievable. The only thing I would change is for the passenger seat to have controls to move it up higher. Overall just a wonderful car."

Cool machine, indeed...

By on Thursday, February 5, 2015

Reason: Money problems...

Pros: "Fun to drive..."

Cons: "Bad in the snow..."

"If u like a masculine car, this is the car to have...lots of get-up-and-go, too!!!"

Avoid buying this car

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Pros: "Looks good outside, good handling"

Cons: "Overpriced, poor workmanship, loses value fast"

"It's my first Ford Mustang. I was interested in buying a sports car, and decided to get Mustang Premium GT as it received good reviews by a number of publications. The quality of assembly is poor - door panels are scratched, and there are large gaps between parts. I checked at least 8 cars and all had scratched door panels and center consoles. Dealer is not willing to do anything as door panels and interior can scratch fairly easily according to them. I own a GM, and Dodge products right now, and none of the cars had scratched interior at delivery. I guess you get that you pay for. I am extremely disappointed."

i love this car

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

"i love this car. it is so fun to drive"

Rapid depreciation

By on Monday, January 25, 2016

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive"

Cons: "Priced too high, rapid depreciation"

"I love the car but hate losing $12,000.00 driving it off the lot."

Nice Ride Great Looks Made In USA Feels Right

By on Friday, July 1, 2016

Pros: "Good Bang for the Buck"

Cons: "Bottle Holder each door panel required."

"Just a few Quips Engine compartment LHS Shock Strut Tower Missing 2 Fastener nuts. RHS Shock Strut Tower has 5 Fastener nuts. Door Design Open to clear side walk curb: Design Rocker Panel 2 in higher and lower door 2 in higher.. * Engine Hood Prop Rod To Hot to handle * Center Dash has horizontal ribs. What is the Purpose?"

It's been a brilliant car.

By on Thursday, July 14, 2016

Pros: "All round brilliant car"

Cons: "Could do with the RS Focus power, same engine!"

"I have owned the 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium with performance pack for nearly 1.5 years. Never had any issues with it. The interior is very well put together. It's not a sports car but a very capable Grand Tourer as it's too heavy to be truly nimble. It handles brilliantly on roads like the Skyline Blvd 35. Put it in Trac mode and it's very quick, especially using the paddles. The dual clutch box is a dream, virtually instantaneous gear shifts. I have averaged 26 mpg city/long commutes/aggressive driving. If you spec the 265/20 tyres then expect expensive replacements $1200 for all corners. I have done 17500 on the originals but they have a lot of tyre left so I probably won't need to replace them until 25k miles. My only complaints are: The lighting that you can change in the car is great but you can't change the center display. So it kind of defeats the purpose when you select a nice colour for the interior and dials and yet the center info screen is bright white. It's not easy to turn off the main GPS/stereo unit when driving. You have to tap a few options before you can kill the screen display. When driving at night I like a black screen so it doesn't distract me. I have Sync 2 so perhaps they have a physical button for that now. Personally the Sync I have is great. Sure it's way from perfect but I don't know a system that is - I've had Merc, BMW, Honda etc. Never had issues with it and just except it does all the things I want but not brilliantly. Sync 3 is much improved. I wish though that they would just use Google/waze. Why bother making their own inferior versions! I really think they should release the power upgrade that the Focus RS has, same engine, so why can't I have the same horsepower and torque Mr Henry?! They could have made the dials for the turbo, oil temp etc be on the top of the dash. You can only choose them to be displayed digitally and individually in the center dash. Shame. I like seeing them on the non premium as physical analog dials. They pipe in the sound of a pretend engine when you drive at full chat. Again, BMW and others do this, the engine is very quiet. I wish they didn't bother. It's an inline 4 with a good exhaust system. However if you like more stupid noise then you will need to change the back box. Or get a proper V8. The boot is huge and very usable. The back seats are only good for tiny people. But you can squeeze a full size adult in. They need to be pliable or very drunk with a sense of humour. I din't need back seats as it's only a max of 2 people at anytime. We have a separate Ford Explorer Sport for sociable trips/towing. I love the Explorer too. Conclusion. The 2015 Mustang is a great car, and I've seen several 2016 ecoboost dual clutch auto's for $22k on dealer lots which is an insanely cheap brilliant coupe. People who insist on buying German or Japanese are missing a lot by ignoring Ford US. They make great cars with superb engines. Economical and powerful. Ford UK has used turbos for a very long time and they're great proven tech. Personally I can't see what the fuss is over German/Japanese. German is expensive and in my experience of owning several BMW's, they just cost huge amounts to buy and maintain. Japanese on the whole make good, underpowered and boring cars unless you get the GTR, WRX/STI or 350/370Z, maybe the Genesis Coupe. But we all buy what we want/need."