2015 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,252 - $23,469.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

9.3

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2015 - 2017 models.

As much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "Performance and handling."

Cons: "If you need a back seat for people you're screwed."

"My basis for comparison: In 2006 I bought a '06 Porsche Boxster. Great car, fun to drive, expensive to service. In 2012 I bought a new Audi S4. Again great car, too civilized for my taste, didn't care for the "automated manual" transmission, heavy in the corners. In 2016 I bought this GT Premium. It is powerful, a blast to drive - especially since I only have the performance options -, and it's inexpensive to keep. I won't bad mouth the other cars but I will say I like the mustang better than the Audi S4 just based on performance and handling alone."

Best Value in the coupe market for $25K

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "price, styling, quality, performance"

Cons: "a bit large/ base suspension a bit soft/ options$$"

"Traded an 08 BMW 328i on this car after just waking into a dealership to kill some time. Drove a fusion and didn't care for it but the Mustang looked great and was fun to drive. By current standards, a large car but you get used to it and outward visibility is good along with the standard b/u camera. The EB 4 cyl. mkes enough power to be entertaining and mileage is good, but this car will never be confused with a BMW straight 6 for smoothness. Handling and braking are fine for the street although the base suspension seems a bit loose compared to BMW. On the highway it's a quiet, comfortable high speed cruiser that perfect for interstate travel. Front seats are very comfortable with lots of leg room and side support. The manual tranny has a light feeling clutch and shifter making the car easy to drive in town. Styling is what caught our eye--both in and out; the exterior is the perfect evolution of what a Mustang should look like after 50+ years, while the interior is well thought out. Quality has been terrific in 7K miles; the assembly and finish inside and out has been top notch. No mechanical problems so far either. The dealership went out of state to get the car and gave us a great trade value on th BMW.Including the Ford incentives and dealer discount, this base EB with just a couple of options sold for under $25k. At end--this isn't our best car of all time, but this is a comfortable, fun to drive car, with knockout styling and lots of standard equipment.For the money, I really don't see anything else out there in a coupe that beats it in value."

Overall Amazing!

By on Thursday, June 9, 2016

Pros: "fit, finish, quality, many standard features"

Here's lookin' at ya!

"The quality and workmanship on this 2015 Mustang base is incredible. Nothing disappoints. Enjoyed my 2011, but this 2015 is beyond compare. Ford must have challenged themselves quite a bit to develop this car. Friends who drive BMWs and Audis are even impressed."

Here's lookin' at ya!

Very good car

By on Saturday, June 11, 2016

"I bought the basic car with an auto tranny. I drive 80 miles a day to work and back, mostly interstate. This car is fun to drive has plenty of pep for a v-6. I am getting about 27 mpg with a heavy foot. The traction control does a wonderful job even on ice. I had the cruise set on 80 mph hit an ice covered bridge was able to keep the car on the road. Yes i slowed after hitting that bridge and seeing 14 other cars that did not make it. Said bridge also had a sweeping turn in it you could not see around it. I did not want a mustang when i bought this car, but i'm old school and do not want a 4 door car. This is all that Ford has left in a 2 door car sorry to say. But i do love driving it, it drives and rides better than the past mustangs. I did however have to put my personal touch on it with a custom stripe."

Best American Muscle Car!!

By on Thursday, August 20, 2015

Pros: "Looks sporty, sounds great and handles well."

Cons: "Back seat, but I'll never sit there LOL!"

"I hired this car in Los Angeles last month and was so impressed that I came home to France and ordered it. It sounds great, goes like a rocket, handles well and stops abruptly when asked. The inside has everything one needs in terms of information, it's comfortable and well designed. I hired and ordered the V8, automatique convertable with lots of options. In France I'm paying $70,000(€62,760) US(with a 5 year garantee). That's not the cars fault though, just all the French taxes etc etc. Value for money, this is the best sports car in world."

Fun to drive

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

I want this car

Pros: "Upgraded interior, superb handling & braking on GT"

Cons: "Styling cues subject to individual taste."

"The 2015 Mustang GT is one of the best Ford has produced. The driving dynamics, suspension, and overall quality is much improved. I've owned two mustangs in the past and this one is by far the most fun to drive. Equipped with the latest tech toys and a much more modern interior, it leaves very little to be desired. I mean this as a compliment when I say the new mustang drives like an American muscle car, cross-bred with a modern import sport tuner car. For driving enthusiasts that's the best I can describe it. However, I must admit I have one small gripe about the car. I'm not a fan of the new exterior design. It is definitely a performance vehicle and well balanced, but in my opinion the new front clip styling makes it look more like a 2 door Fusion coupe than a Mustang. Looking at them side by side on the lot it is evident Ford is making an attempt to create a more distinct "family" line and use similar styling cues on all their cars. (Much in the same way BMW does) However, the mustang should not be included in this design family. It is far too distinct of an American icon and deserves to stand alone. In fairness the front end is very aggressive and sleek but I guess I preferred the outgoing Mustang more than the current one. The rear tail lights are also a bit odd and take some getting used to. Don't get me wrong this is a beautiful machine overall. Styling is always just a matter of taste. From what I've observed among most Mustang admirers is that if you were a fan of the 1970 Mustang you will love this model. If not, you'll still find it appealing enough to buy. It has enough muscle and luxury to win you over. Exhaust note is good, but a bit toned down from the previous beast. If you can spare the extra cash on installing an aftermarket exhaust I think its money well spent."

This is the best Mustang GT

By on Friday, August 14, 2015

Pros: "Sexy looks, handles well, good bang for the buck"

Cons: "Less than stellar tires, cramped back seat"

"Grab a sandwich and a drink, this is a long review. I had a 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR. For those who don't know what that is, it's a rocket on wheels all-wheel-drive rally car. My brother got a Mustang GT, let me test drive it, and I traded in the Evo the next day. I had driven a couple of 1967 coupes with 289s, and they were nice cars for their time; lively and fun to drive - in a relatively straight line. I've driven several other Mustangs from other generations, and as the solid rear axle aged, I grew increasingly more disenchanted with the handling. I tested a 2011 GT, and was underwhelmed. Build quality, handling, and fit & finish were, to be blunt, abysmal. The car felt like a cheap tin can on wheels with poorly aligned body panels, nothing lined up in the cabin, and it felt really floaty on the road; the rear end wanted to hop around turns. In a straight line, the car had plenty of pull, but you had to really be careful in turns. The 2015 Mustang GT is light years beyond the previous generation. Build quality, handling, and fit & finish are, at least on mine and my brother's vehicles, impeccable. The interior is comfortable, doesn't feel "cheap," and has just the right touches in just the right places to make it feel more upscale than it actually is. It harkens back to the 60s without feeling like it came from the 60s. There is a LONG list of standard features that used to be expensive package options, so Ford got that one right, too. Power delivery in the GT is smooth; the S550 Coyote engine really likes to wind up. I gave the car a 9 in driving dynamics for two reasons ... the tires and the shifting. The Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season tires really should not have found their way onto the GT. They have a tendency to lose their grip under even mildly spirited driving on San Antonio roads. A pure summer tire would have been better. Once these wear out, I'll be going with Michelin tires. As for the transmission, under spirited shifting, it feels "notchy," not as smooth as other 6 speed manuals I've driven. That could be a matter of just breaking it in a bit more. For daily (read: "normal") driving, the transmission shifts very smoothly. Clutch take-up is predictable and smooth, and isn't a problem in traffic. For a daily driver, this car does a great job. The suspension is supple enough to soak up most of the bumps, but stiff enough to make taking some sweeping turns fun. I would prefer a slightly stiffer setup, which you can get with the Performance Package, but you'll pay for that. Brakes can be touchy until you get used to them. Try not to leave your teeth in the steering wheel; this IS a modern sports car, not grandpa's old Plymouth Fury II, and the brakes reflect that. I have a relatively "heavy" foot, and I'm averaging about 17 MPG on my short drive to work of mixed highway/surface streets, about 50/50 each. It does just fine on 87 octane fuel. Back seat ... well ... it's there. Two people without legs, or two dogs, or baby seats, will fit. Anyone over the age of 3 ... not a good idea, unless they're sitting behind someone who is under 5 feet tall. Trunk room, on the other hand, is copious, relatively speaking. Styling ... some folks love it (like me), some folks hate it (haven't met any, but I'm sure they exist), and there are probably those who just don't care either way. Personally, I think it is the sexiest looking Mustang produced. Ever. Even better that my (former) favorite 1969/1970. Overall, I'd give this car a 9.8 out of 10 (see comments above about tires and transmission). This is the "everyman's sports car" ... GREAT bang for the buck!"

Mustang GT Premium is a kick in the rear end!

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Great bang for the buck performance"

"I was never much of a Ford guy and hadn't owned a Ford in many years. I started looking at Mustang GT's a few years ago and really liked the looks of them. For some unknown reason I didn't by a Mustang in 13 or 14 and waited until the 15 models to come out and am I glad that I waited. The new design is very appealing and the more I look at this car the more I like it! I haven't owned mine long enough to determine the reliability, but everything seems well made and don't see any issues on the horizon. I can say that this car has power to spare. I had a chance to take it out on the open highway a few weeks ago and had a lot of open rode in front of me. It looked like a good time to see just how much power this car had so I punched it at around 70 MPH. The Mustang took off like it was shot out of a cannon and hit 120 with no effort whatever. Good thing they're limited to 155. There's no doubt in my mind it can hit that speed easily. LOL"

Best Mustang ever made.

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "Immaculate interior, Classic Mustang lines"

Cons: "NONE"

"I just bought this car two months ago. It handles like a European sports car, yet has the power needed to demand respect. I would like to see three inches added to the rear seats, thus making the trunk smaller, but that is just splitting hairs. I didn't buy it for the rear seats. This Mustang is just a joy to drive and own."

Best Mustang I have ever owned

By on Friday, May 29, 2015

Pros: "driving dynamics, style and fun"

Cons: "Have not found any"

"I have owned multiple Mustangs since I was 16 years old. My first one was a 68 that I had in high school. When I first saw a picture of the 2015 I wasn't sold on the styling but like most new things it grew on me. In April I purchased a Ruby Red Metallic v6 with auto. To say that I love driving this car is an understatement. The new style is simply stunning. I can't drive it anywhere without getting lots of looks and comments. The interior is a huge upgrade from previous models. The biggest difference is behind the wheel. The new suspension is simply world class. I look forward to jumping into this car every morning to drive to work. I highly recommend the new Mustang and would say to anyone wondering if the v6 is a great car that it is and where will you get this kind of style and 300hp for 25K."

Best muscle car I've ever owned.

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "Styling, performance and equipment."

Cons: "No seat belt adjustment to avoid cutting into neck"

"Overall great car, especially the styling. I wish the seat belt could be adjusted where it doesn't bite into your neck. Love the performance package, especially the BLIS and the cross traffic alerts, the oil pressure and vacuum gages, and all those options in the information system. Getting about 17.5 mpg in town, no road trips yet. Handles great and comfortable. I don't know if the correct word is, "notchy," but theres an occasional rough spot shifting into 3rd. The 3.73 rear end allows me to drive relatively slow in 3rd and 4th without lugging. I have the Ruby Red, which looks fantastic with the black wheels which I am getting used to."

Best Mustang Ever

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pros: "Great power, premium interior, accurate handling"

Cons: "The back seat? I guess?"

"I love this car. I had been eyeing a Mustang for several years just because of the relatively good performance for the money, but I didn't know what I was missing when I test drove a 2013 model. The 2015 adds so many great standard features, a premium interior, and the biggest improvement; an independent rear suspension. This gives the Mustang a great ride for a muscle car and pinpoint steering accuracy. Let's not forget the power. The 5.0 L V8 has 435 HP and 400 ft-lb of torque...in a car that I drove off the lot for less than 34 grand! I can't comment on reliability just yet; I haven't even had the car a month and I haven't even hit the 1,000 mile mark. But the initial quality is outstanding. Solid build quality. No rattling, nothing feels cheap. Is the back seat small? Yeah. If you're buying this car to carry a family you're buying it for the wrong reason."

Best Mustang Ever!

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Pros: "Value, performance, power, style, MUSTANG!"

Cons: "back seat"

"This is my 7th Mustang, and it's head and shoulders above the others. Mine is a GT Premium with the Premier Redline interior, which looks and feels very rich and European. It's not completely loaded, missing the 12-speaker Shaker, BLIS, adaptive cruise and some of the other really expensive toys. But it has all the essentials and some surprise-and-delight standards like remote start and heated/cooled seats. I find it to be very comfortable (size 46R male) with lots of seat support without feeling confining. The tilt/telescope wheel makes it easy to get the driving position right. Performance wise, this car is unreal. I have the 6-speed AT, which makes for smooth, effortless performance behind the 5.0L V8. Total rocket ship. Yet now that it's broken in, it knocks down as much as 28-29 mpg on the freeway at slightly more than legal speeds. Cannot complain. Handling is spectacular. I have had modified Mustangs in the past that did not handle this well. It's right up with my Infiniti G35. Yet it rides very well, never bottoms out, and is silent with no road noise. All this with the base GT suspension (not the Performance Package) and the 18-inch all-season Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires. By all accounts, the PP adds even more handling prowess, at the expense of a somewhat harsher and more bouncy ride. I made the right call for me; this car's ride/handling balance is very much in the BMW vein and is right on what I was hoping for. I ordered this car last July, before there were cars to even sit in, much less drive. I trusted Ford to get the 50th Anniversary Mustang GT right, and my trust was rewarded. I have no regrets. I have had no problems, fit and finish are excellent. One TSB repair (squealing brakes)was irritating but not at all serious and Ford took care of it with professionalism and courtesy."

Worth the wait!

By on Sunday, May 3, 2015

Pros: "FUN to drive. FAST. Looks Oh-So-Sexy!"

Cons: "I'm sure there are but I can't find any so far."

Heated/cooled seats are SO comfortable on our long trip to Dallas. Was rested and not beat up from driving. NICE good looking car!

"Like SO many others, I waited for several years for this car. I was more than excited to see them go to IRS. Then they added paddle shifting!!! It is SO sweet. Best ride I have ever felt from any Mustang. This car handles and runs like no one's business. I think it's worth every penny. Mine is Kona Bue with automatic trans. If you want a car that is a blast to drive, then my money is on the Mustang. It really doesn't matter which one you get. They are ALL great handling and a fun ride! Every time I look at it, I just want to drive it. It continues to put a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel."

Great car!

By on Thursday, September 10, 2015

Pros: "All"

Cons: "None."

"I have owned mustangs before but this is by far the best one yet. The interior looks and feels great. The handling is absolutely astounding and the performance doesn't fall behind. Over all this is a really great car."

Price Efficient, Great Sports Car

By on Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pros: "Price,Fun,Classy Yet Modern"

Cons: "Availability, Future Issues"

"When I was in the market for a new car I had no idea my search would lead me to the pony tracks. I was impressed by the new fastback body style and the new 2.3L engine Ford had just introduced. The first time I was able to get inside a 2015 Mustang was pretty exciting. The usual pure plastic interior for entry level models was dramatically cut, the lines were soft and the seats embraced you. I test drove the V6 for approx: 30 miles and I wasnt blown away by its performance. I decided to get behind the wheel of the 2.3L Turbo 4 cylinder. The 2.3 L Turbo will turn heads as you fly by. It just feels funner to drive around knowing your passing what I feel is dead V6 technology. I was in my seat and I never had a bigger smile than that day. I customed ordered a ecoboost fastback coupe which the dealer spent three weeks searching for a Magnetic Grey body with the performance package since they were basically extinct in California. I finally got my hands on my girl and I couldnt be happier. Its just pure joy driving this car, it really is. Bought at 27,125 Out the door with discounted Extended Warranty: 30,995 EcoBoost 2.3 Liter Turbo Mustang: Performance Package Pro: Exhilarating performance matches the V8, affordable: Dealers will not move this price lower Ive tried but it still fits in a persons budget. feels refined: better handling, better interior lots of modern goodies not 100% plastic Cons: Availability: Wait for the car you want Buy the warranty: New Engine could mean big problems better be ready to take another 2 grand on top of the price."

2015 Mustang Limited Edition

By on Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Pros: "Performance, handling, comfort"

"I absolutely love this vehicle. This car is balanced, refined, comfortable and extremely quick. I've had the vehicle four months and ~3000 miles and still look for reasons to go places in order to drive it. This is going to be in our family for a long, long, time."

Outstanding Car

By on Friday, July 24, 2015

Pros: "Beyond fun to drive, upgraded interior"

Cons: "Tiny back seat"

"I bought a GT with the 50th Anniv appearance package and just about every upgrade available. This car stole me from Dodge after test driving one last March. The interior is flawless and has a very expensive feel. Driving it is a joy - I get excited every time I get behind the wheel."

The Mustang I have been waiting for

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Pros: "Great performance, quality interior, fun drive"

Cons: "Don't be tall in the back."

"I have the Ecoboost Premium manual transmission. Overall have averaged 28.7MPG between NJ driving and two trips. I don't drive like a little old lady FYI. I point this out to start because getting almost 30mpg with 300 HP and torque is a marvel. Finally an independent rear suspension. The drive is fantastic, in control but not harsh. The interior is full of leather, and metal with a much more minimal amount of cheap plastic compared to the past. I do have the premium model. My son and wife fit nicely in the back. Neither is tall that is the caveat, but both are comfortable. You get all the modern conveniences 2 USB ports, temp, direction, Sirius, duel zone climate control. Adjustable driving modes. LED cabin lights. Full set of choices for your electronic center screen. So you get a refined sports car feel, great mileage, and some serious HP and torque. Yes driving a Mustang invites some challenges but you get the power to smoke them."

great car, need to work on the seats

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "pricey"

"great car, love it, the seats need some work, can never find a comfortable position for the back and the lumbar support is not in a good place. Steering wheel blocks the speedometer some , cant see the numbers over 60"

Very happy but.....

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "More fun than 2013 - man tranny excellent"

Cons: "rear end without real spoiler - quality issues"

"Fun to drive - just took a 1000 mile trip avg 75 mph and 30 mpg. So far had two problems air intake popped off first time I nailed the gas and gas gauge malfunctioned going from 100+ miles to empty to 7 miles till empty in an instant - thought I was going to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere. Also, need to find a real rear spoiler to make the back end look finished, not happy with look from behind. STill, much more fun than the 2013 model and will keep buying Mustangs overall."

My first 5.0 and what a treat!!!

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, ride, nice interior."

Cons: "Nothing yet......."

"Ive driven plenty of Mustangs, mostly with 5.0 engines while plenty fast a little twitchy when pushed, I test drove mine with the IRS and what a difference. It's a GT with the performance package, Love it!!!. Real fast, handles well and rides nice."

My 3rd Mustang in a row--and Easily the very Best

By on Monday, February 9, 2015

Pros: "Interior, Ride, handling, comfort & Controls"

Cons: "Platic pieces on the lower exterior"

"Own EcoBoost Premium; Previously owned 2005 Mustang GT and 2013 Mustang V6 (all 3 were manual-trans) and this hands down is a better overall car. A much more solid feel, handling and ride are superior and better than the BMW 3-series I have driven. Interior is much more upscale and well thought out. The seats are quite comfortable. The control and displays work well--and the Ford Touch works as designed w/navigation (the critics of this seem off mark to me--honestly, it works as advertized and is easy enough to use). Overall, this car is markedly upscale and a true value."

Best Vehicle I've ever owned!!!!!!!

By on Saturday, November 21, 2015

Pros: "Makes me feel like I'm 16 and in High School again"

Picking Up the Mustang at the Factory

"My car is a 2015 GT Premium upgraded to a Roush Stage 3 with 670 Supercharged Horsepower!!! I've owned Camaro's, Viper's, Mustang's and even Ferrari's, and this is the best vehicle I have ever owned, PERIOD. Car is so balanced. You can tell the structural integrity of the vehicle is top notch, which transfers to the handling and the vehicle dynamics being superior. Will own this car the rest of my life."

Picking Up the Mustang at the Factory

Recent Rental

By on Saturday, July 4, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "sporty"

Cons: "small back seat (well, not surprising)"

"I recently rented the GT Convertible. Put 1,000 miles on the car. It drove well, the top was easy to operate, nice acceleration. Managed 26 + mpg with highway driving. Nothing like putting the top down driving through a national park. I'd like one to go with my '66 Mustang convertible."