2015 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,117 - $23,674.

9.4

Based on 8 Ratings for the 2015 models.

Per Page:  5 | 10

Very happy but.....

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "More fun than 2013 - man tranny excellent"

Cons: "rear end without real spoiler - quality issues"

"Fun to drive - just took a 1000 mile trip avg 75 mph and 30 mpg. So far had two problems air intake popped off first time I nailed the gas and gas gauge malfunctioned going from 100+ miles to empty to 7 miles till empty in an instant - thought I was going to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere. Also, need to find a real rear spoiler to make the back end look finished, not happy with look from behind. STill, much more fun than the 2013 model and will keep buying Mustangs overall."

My 3rd Mustang in a row--and Easily the very Best

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Interior, Ride, handling, comfort & Controls"

Cons: "Platic pieces on the lower exterior"

"Own EcoBoost Premium; Previously owned 2005 Mustang GT and 2013 Mustang V6 (all 3 were manual-trans) and this hands down is a better overall car. A much more solid feel, handling and ride are superior and better than the BMW 3-series I have driven. Interior is much more upscale and well thought out. The seats are quite comfortable. The control and displays work well--and the Ford Touch works as designed w/navigation (the critics of this seem off mark to me--honestly, it works as advertized and is easy enough to use). Overall, this car is markedly upscale and a true value."

Price Efficient, Great Sports Car

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "Price,Fun,Classy Yet Modern"

Cons: "Availability, Future Issues"

"When I was in the market for a new car I had no idea my search would lead me to the pony tracks. I was impressed by the new fastback body style and the new 2.3L engine Ford had just introduced. The first time I was able to get inside a 2015 Mustang was pretty exciting. The usual pure plastic interior for entry level models was dramatically cut, the lines were soft and the seats embraced you. I test drove the V6 for approx: 30 miles and I wasnt blown away by its performance. I decided to get behind the wheel of the 2.3L Turbo 4 cylinder. The 2.3 L Turbo will turn heads as you fly by. It just feels funner to drive around knowing your passing what I feel is dead V6 technology. I was in my seat and I never had a bigger smile than that day. I customed ordered a ecoboost fastback coupe which the dealer spent three weeks searching for a Magnetic Grey body with the performance package since they were basically extinct in California. I finally got my hands on my girl and I couldnt be happier. Its just pure joy driving this car, it really is. Bought at 27,125 Out the door with discounted Extended Warranty: 30,995 EcoBoost 2.3 Liter Turbo Mustang: Performance Package Pro: Exhilarating performance matches the V8, affordable: Dealers will not move this price lower Ive tried but it still fits in a persons budget. feels refined: better handling, better interior lots of modern goodies not 100% plastic Cons: Availability: Wait for the car you want Buy the warranty: New Engine could mean big problems better be ready to take another 2 grand on top of the price."

Cool machine, indeed...

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Reason: Money problems...

Pros: "Fun to drive..."

Cons: "Bad in the snow..."

"If u like a masculine car, this is the car to have...lots of get-up-and-go, too!!!"

Close to perfect

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, BEAUTIFUL design"

Cons: "Price for premium options are too expensive."

"I'd like to start by saying I LOVE my new Mustang but there are a few things I would like to have seen differently now that I've owned it for a few months. I would give this car a 10/10 with these changes. Before getting to the changes I want to say that this car was close to perfect from what I expected from it. Everything I have listed in this are minor flaws I found but important ones I believe for a lot of people. I'm trying to give the exact flaw I found, how it impacts me as an owner/driver of this car and how it could be improved. First with the exterior: 1) Front turn signal/marker lights are a stock amber color and that makes the car look old and dated. When the lights are on the turn signal/marker lights should be white but turn amber when the turn signal is on and flashing. Driving at night the car looks like an older car from the front because of the bright amber lights. I don't like having a brand new car that looks older because of the bright yellow lights in front 2) Speaking of lights, the LED "gill" lights are beautiful but not bright enough, the headlight alone outshine the LEDs and you can barely see them when the headlights are on. When the car is coming down the road it's hard to see the LED gill lights because the headlights outshine them so much. Maybe the gills should be brighter or have a different look so you can clearly see the difference 3) I would've liked to see some sort of emblem on the side of the V6 and EcoBoost cars like the "5.0" on the GTs, it just gives it a nicer look from the side and helps your pride as a mustang owner when you can clearly see the difference of a V6 to EcoBoost and EcoBoost to GT 4) I would've liked to see different grilles on the V6 and EcoBoost, the GTs have the "teeth" look coming through the grille, I would've liked to see something to differentiate the EcoBoost from the V6 as well. There isn't much on the outside to help differentiate the V6 and EcoBoost models except for fog lights, wheels and the emblem on the trunk 5) The default black rear deck lid and rear valance should be different or have an option for a different color on the black cars. For example, I bought a black car but I really wanted the look all the other cars have from the back with different colors. Now on to the interior: 1) The storage space in front of the shifter is way too small, my smart phone barely fits in there and I have a standard size galaxy s4, anytime my phone sits in there and I take a quick turn or i'm on a winding road the phone tends to slide and fall right out of the storage space onto the floor, that not safe for the driver so maybe move the shifter back an inch and increase the storage space so it's easier to store things there 2) the 12V charger in that same storage area needs to be moved to the left a few centimeters, when I have a phone charger plugged in, it's way too uncomfortable to pull it out with how little room there is on the right side of the charging port. 3) The hard plastic used in the center area where the cup holders and shifter is feels way too cheap. It takes away from all the beautiful and quality material there actually is in the car 4) The shifter should be moved a few centimeters left and the cup holders should be moved a few centimeters up and to the right, the way it's designed does give me more space for my arm to rest but only when there is no drink in the front cup holder. When there is a drink there my wrist tends to bend more around my drink to wrap around the shifter, which is also uncomfortable for my wrist. 5) We need more storage space overall, the only space is the center console (which lacks space as well), the glove compartment (also too small), and the door panels (which are too skinny) Maybe add space on the outside near the feet of where the center stack is. 6) Its not very comfortable flipping through the toggle switches because of the little space between the shifter and the switches. 7) The military style badge is great and the toggle switches are great but because of the 1 solid color finish and the engraving isn't that deep it's hard to read them from the driver's seat. So maybe put black into the engraving so it's easier to read 8) There is a way to make the inside feel bigger, that would be by moving the seat belts for the driver and front passenger down like they are on the convertible models and make the "day light opening" in the windows completely open from the inside the way it looks on the outside. Also by doing this, you will be able to see more of the inside of the car from the outside looking in which will give it a bigger feel. It will also give the driver better view of their "blind spot" because it'll be completely open and also for larger people it'll give them more shoulder space 9) The dome light fixture looks exactly the same as older models, so I would like to see that updated and look a little different as with the "flaps" on the vanity mirrors. For example, on the 2010 mustangs the vanity mirror flaps resembled the shape of the hood and that was really unique so maybe do something similar. 10) Additional cup holders for the rear passengers and 1 in each door panel would be nice. Sometimes I have 2 drinks and my passenger has 1 drink and the additional drink has to be put on the floor or on my back seats which is inconvenient 11) Adding heated steering wheel and inflatable seat belts for future models would be nice features. 12) Add some technology for rear passengers like a 12V in the back. 13) Try adding 1-2 inches of leg room in the back seats and more head room for rear passengers 14) The "Start" push button shouldn't have a red accent, but a black accent. The red accent around the button looks tacky...As of right now this is all that I can think of, in my opinion these are all minor things that could be changed but a lot of people buy cars based on the details. Overall I would say that this car met and exceeded my expectations on many parts. The drive is incredible, the design inside and out is revolutionary for what a Mustang is. With this car I'd say that Ford has a very bright 50 more years with this car."

Per Page:  5 | 10