2015 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,635 - $23,198.

9.6

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2015 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

great car, need to work on the seats

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "pricey"

"great car, love it, the seats need some work, can never find a comfortable position for the back and the lumbar support is not in a good place. Steering wheel blocks the speedometer some , cant see the numbers over 60"

Fun to drive

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

I want this car

Pros: "Upgraded interior, superb handling & braking on GT"

Cons: "Styling cues subject to individual taste."

"The 2015 Mustang GT is one of the best Ford has produced. The driving dynamics, suspension, and overall quality is much improved. I've owned two mustangs in the past and this one is by far the most fun to drive. Equipped with the latest tech toys and a much more modern interior, it leaves very little to be desired. I mean this as a compliment when I say the new mustang drives like an American muscle car, cross-bred with a modern import sport tuner car. For driving enthusiasts that's the best I can describe it. However, I must admit I have one small gripe about the car. I'm not a fan of the new exterior design. It is definitely a performance vehicle and well balanced, but in my opinion the new front clip styling makes it look more like a 2 door Fusion coupe than a Mustang. Looking at them side by side on the lot it is evident Ford is making an attempt to create a more distinct "family" line and use similar styling cues on all their cars. (Much in the same way BMW does) However, the mustang should not be included in this design family. It is far too distinct of an American icon and deserves to stand alone. In fairness the front end is very aggressive and sleek but I guess I preferred the outgoing Mustang more than the current one. The rear tail lights are also a bit odd and take some getting used to. Don't get me wrong this is a beautiful machine overall. Styling is always just a matter of taste. From what I've observed among most Mustang admirers is that if you were a fan of the 1970 Mustang you will love this model. If not, you'll still find it appealing enough to buy. It has enough muscle and luxury to win you over. Exhaust note is good, but a bit toned down from the previous beast. If you can spare the extra cash on installing an aftermarket exhaust I think its money well spent."

Mustang GT Premium is a kick in the rear end!

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Great bang for the buck performance"

"I was never much of a Ford guy and hadn't owned a Ford in many years. I started looking at Mustang GT's a few years ago and really liked the looks of them. For some unknown reason I didn't by a Mustang in 13 or 14 and waited until the 15 models to come out and am I glad that I waited. The new design is very appealing and the more I look at this car the more I like it! I haven't owned mine long enough to determine the reliability, but everything seems well made and don't see any issues on the horizon. I can say that this car has power to spare. I had a chance to take it out on the open highway a few weeks ago and had a lot of open rode in front of me. It looked like a good time to see just how much power this car had so I punched it at around 70 MPH. The Mustang took off like it was shot out of a cannon and hit 120 with no effort whatever. Good thing they're limited to 155. There's no doubt in my mind it can hit that speed easily. LOL"

Best Mustang Ever!

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Pros: "Value, performance, power, style, MUSTANG!"

Cons: "back seat"

"This is my 7th Mustang, and it's head and shoulders above the others. Mine is a GT Premium with the Premier Redline interior, which looks and feels very rich and European. It's not completely loaded, missing the 12-speaker Shaker, BLIS, adaptive cruise and some of the other really expensive toys. But it has all the essentials and some surprise-and-delight standards like remote start and heated/cooled seats. I find it to be very comfortable (size 46R male) with lots of seat support without feeling confining. The tilt/telescope wheel makes it easy to get the driving position right. Performance wise, this car is unreal. I have the 6-speed AT, which makes for smooth, effortless performance behind the 5.0L V8. Total rocket ship. Yet now that it's broken in, it knocks down as much as 28-29 mpg on the freeway at slightly more than legal speeds. Cannot complain. Handling is spectacular. I have had modified Mustangs in the past that did not handle this well. It's right up with my Infiniti G35. Yet it rides very well, never bottoms out, and is silent with no road noise. All this with the base GT suspension (not the Performance Package) and the 18-inch all-season Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires. By all accounts, the PP adds even more handling prowess, at the expense of a somewhat harsher and more bouncy ride. I made the right call for me; this car's ride/handling balance is very much in the BMW vein and is right on what I was hoping for. I ordered this car last July, before there were cars to even sit in, much less drive. I trusted Ford to get the 50th Anniversary Mustang GT right, and my trust was rewarded. I have no regrets. I have had no problems, fit and finish are excellent. One TSB repair (squealing brakes)was irritating but not at all serious and Ford took care of it with professionalism and courtesy."

Best Mustang I have ever owned

By on Friday, May 29, 2015

Pros: "driving dynamics, style and fun"

Cons: "Have not found any"

"I have owned multiple Mustangs since I was 16 years old. My first one was a 68 that I had in high school. When I first saw a picture of the 2015 I wasn't sold on the styling but like most new things it grew on me. In April I purchased a Ruby Red Metallic v6 with auto. To say that I love driving this car is an understatement. The new style is simply stunning. I can't drive it anywhere without getting lots of looks and comments. The interior is a huge upgrade from previous models. The biggest difference is behind the wheel. The new suspension is simply world class. I look forward to jumping into this car every morning to drive to work. I highly recommend the new Mustang and would say to anyone wondering if the v6 is a great car that it is and where will you get this kind of style and 300hp for 25K."

Best muscle car I've ever owned.

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "Styling, performance and equipment."

Cons: "No seat belt adjustment to avoid cutting into neck"

"Overall great car, especially the styling. I wish the seat belt could be adjusted where it doesn't bite into your neck. Love the performance package, especially the BLIS and the cross traffic alerts, the oil pressure and vacuum gages, and all those options in the information system. Getting about 17.5 mpg in town, no road trips yet. Handles great and comfortable. I don't know if the correct word is, "notchy," but theres an occasional rough spot shifting into 3rd. The 3.73 rear end allows me to drive relatively slow in 3rd and 4th without lugging. I have the Ruby Red, which looks fantastic with the black wheels which I am getting used to."

Worth the wait!

By on Sunday, May 03, 2015

Pros: "FUN to drive. FAST. Looks Oh-So-Sexy!"

Cons: "I'm sure there are but I can't find any so far."

Heated/cooled seats are SO comfortable on our long trip to Dallas. Was rested and not beat up from driving. NICE good looking car!

"Like SO many others, I waited for several years for this car. I was more than excited to see them go to IRS. Then they added paddle shifting!!! It is SO sweet. Best ride I have ever felt from any Mustang. This car handles and runs like no one's business. I think it's worth every penny. Mine is Kona Bue with automatic trans. If you want a car that is a blast to drive, then my money is on the Mustang. It really doesn't matter which one you get. They are ALL great handling and a fun ride! Every time I look at it, I just want to drive it. It continues to put a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel."

Price Efficient, Great Sports Car

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "Price,Fun,Classy Yet Modern"

Cons: "Availability, Future Issues"

"When I was in the market for a new car I had no idea my search would lead me to the pony tracks. I was impressed by the new fastback body style and the new 2.3L engine Ford had just introduced. The first time I was able to get inside a 2015 Mustang was pretty exciting. The usual pure plastic interior for entry level models was dramatically cut, the lines were soft and the seats embraced you. I test drove the V6 for approx: 30 miles and I wasnt blown away by its performance. I decided to get behind the wheel of the 2.3L Turbo 4 cylinder. The 2.3 L Turbo will turn heads as you fly by. It just feels funner to drive around knowing your passing what I feel is dead V6 technology. I was in my seat and I never had a bigger smile than that day. I customed ordered a ecoboost fastback coupe which the dealer spent three weeks searching for a Magnetic Grey body with the performance package since they were basically extinct in California. I finally got my hands on my girl and I couldnt be happier. Its just pure joy driving this car, it really is. Bought at 27,125 Out the door with discounted Extended Warranty: 30,995 EcoBoost 2.3 Liter Turbo Mustang: Performance Package Pro: Exhilarating performance matches the V8, affordable: Dealers will not move this price lower Ive tried but it still fits in a persons budget. feels refined: better handling, better interior lots of modern goodies not 100% plastic Cons: Availability: Wait for the car you want Buy the warranty: New Engine could mean big problems better be ready to take another 2 grand on top of the price."

2015 Mustang Limited Edition

By on Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Pros: "Performance, handling, comfort"

"I absolutely love this vehicle. This car is balanced, refined, comfortable and extremely quick. I've had the vehicle four months and ~3000 miles and still look for reasons to go places in order to drive it. This is going to be in our family for a long, long, time."

Best Mustang Ever

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pros: "Great power, premium interior, accurate handling"

Cons: "The back seat? I guess?"

"I love this car. I had been eyeing a Mustang for several years just because of the relatively good performance for the money, but I didn't know what I was missing when I test drove a 2013 model. The 2015 adds so many great standard features, a premium interior, and the biggest improvement; an independent rear suspension. This gives the Mustang a great ride for a muscle car and pinpoint steering accuracy. Let's not forget the power. The 5.0 L V8 has 435 HP and 400 ft-lb of torque...in a car that I drove off the lot for less than 34 grand! I can't comment on reliability just yet; I haven't even had the car a month and I haven't even hit the 1,000 mile mark. But the initial quality is outstanding. Solid build quality. No rattling, nothing feels cheap. Is the back seat small? Yeah. If you're buying this car to carry a family you're buying it for the wrong reason."

Outstanding Car

By on Friday, July 24, 2015

Pros: "Beyond fun to drive, upgraded interior"

Cons: "Tiny back seat"

"I bought a GT with the 50th Anniv appearance package and just about every upgrade available. This car stole me from Dodge after test driving one last March. The interior is flawless and has a very expensive feel. Driving it is a joy - I get excited every time I get behind the wheel."

My first 5.0 and what a treat!!!

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, ride, nice interior."

Cons: "Nothing yet......."

"Ive driven plenty of Mustangs, mostly with 5.0 engines while plenty fast a little twitchy when pushed, I test drove mine with the IRS and what a difference. It's a GT with the performance package, Love it!!!. Real fast, handles well and rides nice."

Very happy but.....

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "More fun than 2013 - man tranny excellent"

Cons: "rear end without real spoiler - quality issues"

"Fun to drive - just took a 1000 mile trip avg 75 mph and 30 mpg. So far had two problems air intake popped off first time I nailed the gas and gas gauge malfunctioned going from 100+ miles to empty to 7 miles till empty in an instant - thought I was going to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere. Also, need to find a real rear spoiler to make the back end look finished, not happy with look from behind. STill, much more fun than the 2013 model and will keep buying Mustangs overall."

My 3rd Mustang in a row--and Easily the very Best

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Interior, Ride, handling, comfort & Controls"

Cons: "Platic pieces on the lower exterior"

"Own EcoBoost Premium; Previously owned 2005 Mustang GT and 2013 Mustang V6 (all 3 were manual-trans) and this hands down is a better overall car. A much more solid feel, handling and ride are superior and better than the BMW 3-series I have driven. Interior is much more upscale and well thought out. The seats are quite comfortable. The control and displays work well--and the Ford Touch works as designed w/navigation (the critics of this seem off mark to me--honestly, it works as advertized and is easy enough to use). Overall, this car is markedly upscale and a true value."

Recent Rental

By on Saturday, July 04, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "sporty"

Cons: "small back seat (well, not surprising)"

"I recently rented the GT Convertible. Put 1,000 miles on the car. It drove well, the top was easy to operate, nice acceleration. Managed 26 + mpg with highway driving. Nothing like putting the top down driving through a national park. I'd like one to go with my '66 Mustang convertible."

Love the new style

By on Thursday, May 14, 2015

Pros: "Solid, Great ride, the updates are awesome."

Cons: "Realy a 2 person car. back seats storage"

"So far so good. 1st new Ford ever. I am very impressed with the quality. The comfort is great also. I'm a big guy 6' 280 lbs and I can ride in this car all day. Ive only been driving it for a month and have about 850 miles on it, so its hard to tell how the high end power is, I havent pushed her yet but seems to have plenty of get up and go for a 6 cyl. The driving dynamics are wonderful. Better than I would have thought. I bought one with all the options they offered and glad I did. love the 3.55 trans. and other upgrades. Nice quiet ride except when I have the radio rocking. I would say if your even thinking of getting one, go ahead and test drive one you will fall in love and be quite surprized. I was and i'm a very hard sell. This aint your daddies old Mustang, Enjoy!!"

A Feel Good Ride!

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Fast, Fun, Responsive"

Cons: "none yet!"

"From bumper to bumper, my Mustang screams, have fun, drive me, drive me some more! The touches from the past, as well as the options of today are impressive with beautiful detail. The seating just kind of hugs you with comfort. The six-speed transmission? More fun! Face it, I didn't buy my Mustang to drive the soccer team around, I bought this so no matter where I was going, at least the drive was going to make me smile! Not a single issue with any feature on the car, although I did have to clean the garage for it."

'15 mustang gt premium, pp, voice nav, adapt cruis

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "performs as needed"

Cons: "first gear (mt-81) engagement can make car jump"

"Drive modes, adaptive cruise, collision control, voice nav - phone - climate - stereo (speed volume), heated / ac seats and a 6 speed manual. I Drove 50 miles a day in my '06. Fire red with black stripes. Now, a different V-8 sound and look. Most of all is the new curve handling and straight line ability. Safety is my priority with a young son. The pony light projection, turn signals off the doors and door sills with rear tail lights you see from the side view is missing no more. Former '85-88 Ford tune up tech: Stability, performance and controls safely puts the novice beyond his or her normal abilities respectfully. Telescopic - tilt like my corvette for the in fighter in me. Concerns: MT-81. The car lunges forward as I move from neutral to first gear from day one. I found it consistent if I drifted forward slightly, stopped and re engaged the clutch. The light shut off / delay is a power drain on the reserve I would shorten. I found the sales mgr contacting to correct multiple comments he made.-to confirm I was wright on options he was not aware of. Enjoy the 35 videos ford offers and brace your self for the ride. Little to no protection for under side of the larger radiator is a concern."

FORD steps up

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2015

I want this car

Pros: "looks awesome, built by FORD in the US"

Cons: "haven't found any"

"I gave this car less than 10 in reliability because it hasn't been around long enough, not because it is less reliable than other cars. The looks are killer, the i4 ecoboost engine is just what the doc ordered. The MPG and HP = cool ride! The interior is comfortable and well done. The Mustang in general is a way better looking car than the transformer/cartoonish looking Camaro. Chevy is always doing the tougher than you look, that makes their cars look out of place. I'm sure GM makes a fine car, it's just the look of the Camaro and their trucks do nothing for me. The Challenger is in line with the Mustang. I know for a fact FORD builds a solid reliable car, I own a Fusion and a F-150 and love them both."

Mustangs have never been like this before!

By on Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Pros: "Design, speed, and comfort"

Cons: "Passenger controls"

"I got my mustang about 3 months ago. It's the best car I've had and that's saying a lot because i'm only 17 and have had 3 cars. Before the mustang I had a jeep wrangler and ill never go back. The comfort of the car is unbelievable. The only thing I would change is for the passenger seat to have controls to move it up higher. Overall just a wonderful car."

Driven Mustangs since 1998 this is best one yet

By on Sunday, May 24, 2015

Pros: "Handles well, has great power amd great looks"

Cons: "they shouold have done away with the hood rod,"

added the aftermarket Hood struts

"Driven Mustang V-6s since 1998, went for the GT this time. Car looks great, handles well and POWER to spare :) The ride is good, sounds like a muscle care should"

added the aftermarket Hood struts

Close to perfect

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, BEAUTIFUL design"

Cons: "Price for premium options are too expensive."

"I'd like to start by saying I LOVE my new Mustang but there are a few things I would like to have seen differently now that I've owned it for a few months. I would give this car a 10/10 with these changes. Before getting to the changes I want to say that this car was close to perfect from what I expected from it. Everything I have listed in this are minor flaws I found but important ones I believe for a lot of people. I'm trying to give the exact flaw I found, how it impacts me as an owner/driver of this car and how it could be improved. First with the exterior: 1) Front turn signal/marker lights are a stock amber color and that makes the car look old and dated. When the lights are on the turn signal/marker lights should be white but turn amber when the turn signal is on and flashing. Driving at night the car looks like an older car from the front because of the bright amber lights. I don't like having a brand new car that looks older because of the bright yellow lights in front 2) Speaking of lights, the LED "gill" lights are beautiful but not bright enough, the headlight alone outshine the LEDs and you can barely see them when the headlights are on. When the car is coming down the road it's hard to see the LED gill lights because the headlights outshine them so much. Maybe the gills should be brighter or have a different look so you can clearly see the difference 3) I would've liked to see some sort of emblem on the side of the V6 and EcoBoost cars like the "5.0" on the GTs, it just gives it a nicer look from the side and helps your pride as a mustang owner when you can clearly see the difference of a V6 to EcoBoost and EcoBoost to GT 4) I would've liked to see different grilles on the V6 and EcoBoost, the GTs have the "teeth" look coming through the grille, I would've liked to see something to differentiate the EcoBoost from the V6 as well. There isn't much on the outside to help differentiate the V6 and EcoBoost models except for fog lights, wheels and the emblem on the trunk 5) The default black rear deck lid and rear valance should be different or have an option for a different color on the black cars. For example, I bought a black car but I really wanted the look all the other cars have from the back with different colors. Now on to the interior: 1) The storage space in front of the shifter is way too small, my smart phone barely fits in there and I have a standard size galaxy s4, anytime my phone sits in there and I take a quick turn or i'm on a winding road the phone tends to slide and fall right out of the storage space onto the floor, that not safe for the driver so maybe move the shifter back an inch and increase the storage space so it's easier to store things there 2) the 12V charger in that same storage area needs to be moved to the left a few centimeters, when I have a phone charger plugged in, it's way too uncomfortable to pull it out with how little room there is on the right side of the charging port. 3) The hard plastic used in the center area where the cup holders and shifter is feels way too cheap. It takes away from all the beautiful and quality material there actually is in the car 4) The shifter should be moved a few centimeters left and the cup holders should be moved a few centimeters up and to the right, the way it's designed does give me more space for my arm to rest but only when there is no drink in the front cup holder. When there is a drink there my wrist tends to bend more around my drink to wrap around the shifter, which is also uncomfortable for my wrist. 5) We need more storage space overall, the only space is the center console (which lacks space as well), the glove compartment (also too small), and the door panels (which are too skinny) Maybe add space on the outside near the feet of where the center stack is. 6) Its not very comfortable flipping through the toggle switches because of the little space between the shifter and the switches. 7) The military style badge is great and the toggle switches are great but because of the 1 solid color finish and the engraving isn't that deep it's hard to read them from the driver's seat. So maybe put black into the engraving so it's easier to read 8) There is a way to make the inside feel bigger, that would be by moving the seat belts for the driver and front passenger down like they are on the convertible models and make the "day light opening" in the windows completely open from the inside the way it looks on the outside. Also by doing this, you will be able to see more of the inside of the car from the outside looking in which will give it a bigger feel. It will also give the driver better view of their "blind spot" because it'll be completely open and also for larger people it'll give them more shoulder space 9) The dome light fixture looks exactly the same as older models, so I would like to see that updated and look a little different as with the "flaps" on the vanity mirrors. For example, on the 2010 mustangs the vanity mirror flaps resembled the shape of the hood and that was really unique so maybe do something similar. 10) Additional cup holders for the rear passengers and 1 in each door panel would be nice. Sometimes I have 2 drinks and my passenger has 1 drink and the additional drink has to be put on the floor or on my back seats which is inconvenient 11) Adding heated steering wheel and inflatable seat belts for future models would be nice features. 12) Add some technology for rear passengers like a 12V in the back. 13) Try adding 1-2 inches of leg room in the back seats and more head room for rear passengers 14) The "Start" push button shouldn't have a red accent, but a black accent. The red accent around the button looks tacky...As of right now this is all that I can think of, in my opinion these are all minor things that could be changed but a lot of people buy cars based on the details. Overall I would say that this car met and exceeded my expectations on many parts. The drive is incredible, the design inside and out is revolutionary for what a Mustang is. With this car I'd say that Ford has a very bright 50 more years with this car."

Best value

By on Friday, June 12, 2015

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Wheel hop"

"Dollar for dollar, best value in it's class, in terms of perfomance and aesthetics."

Cool machine, indeed...

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Reason: Money problems...

Pros: "Fun to drive..."

Cons: "Bad in the snow..."

"If u like a masculine car, this is the car to have...lots of get-up-and-go, too!!!"

Best Mustang ever made.

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "Immaculate interior, Classic Mustang lines"

Cons: "NONE"

"I just bought this car two months ago. It handles like a European sports car, yet has the power needed to demand respect. I would like to see three inches added to the rear seats, thus making the trunk smaller, but that is just splitting hairs. I didn't buy it for the rear seats. This Mustang is just a joy to drive and own."