2015 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,733 - $23,336.

9.6

Based on 28 Ratings for the 2015 - 2016 models.

9.7/10

This is the best Mustang GT

By on Friday, August 14, 2015

Pros: "Sexy looks, handles well, good bang for the buck"

Cons: "Less than stellar tires, cramped back seat"

"Grab a sandwich and a drink, this is a long review. I had a 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR. For those who don't know what that is, it's a rocket on wheels all-wheel-drive rally car. My brother got a Mustang GT, let me test drive it, and I traded in the Evo the next day. I had driven a couple of 1967 coupes with 289s, and they were nice cars for their time; lively and fun to drive - in a relatively straight line. I've driven several other Mustangs from other generations, and as the solid rear axle aged, I grew increasingly more disenchanted with the handling. I tested a 2011 GT, and was underwhelmed. Build quality, handling, and fit & finish were, to be blunt, abysmal. The car felt like a cheap tin can on wheels with poorly aligned body panels, nothing lined up in the cabin, and it felt really floaty on the road; the rear end wanted to hop around turns. In a straight line, the car had plenty of pull, but you had to really be careful in turns. The 2015 Mustang GT is light years beyond the previous generation. Build quality, handling, and fit & finish are, at least on mine and my brother's vehicles, impeccable. The interior is comfortable, doesn't feel "cheap," and has just the right touches in just the right places to make it feel more upscale than it actually is. It harkens back to the 60s without feeling like it came from the 60s. There is a LONG list of standard features that used to be expensive package options, so Ford got that one right, too. Power delivery in the GT is smooth; the S550 Coyote engine really likes to wind up. I gave the car a 9 in driving dynamics for two reasons ... the tires and the shifting. The Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season tires really should not have found their way onto the GT. They have a tendency to lose their grip under even mildly spirited driving on San Antonio roads. A pure summer tire would have been better. Once these wear out, I'll be going with Michelin tires. As for the transmission, under spirited shifting, it feels "notchy," not as smooth as other 6 speed manuals I've driven. That could be a matter of just breaking it in a bit more. For daily (read: "normal") driving, the transmission shifts very smoothly. Clutch take-up is predictable and smooth, and isn't a problem in traffic. For a daily driver, this car does a great job. The suspension is supple enough to soak up most of the bumps, but stiff enough to make taking some sweeping turns fun. I would prefer a slightly stiffer setup, which you can get with the Performance Package, but you'll pay for that. Brakes can be touchy until you get used to them. Try not to leave your teeth in the steering wheel; this IS a modern sports car, not grandpa's old Plymouth Fury II, and the brakes reflect that. I have a relatively "heavy" foot, and I'm averaging about 17 MPG on my short drive to work of mixed highway/surface streets, about 50/50 each. It does just fine on 87 octane fuel. Back seat ... well ... it's there. Two people without legs, or two dogs, or baby seats, will fit. Anyone over the age of 3 ... not a good idea, unless they're sitting behind someone who is under 5 feet tall. Trunk room, on the other hand, is copious, relatively speaking. Styling ... some folks love it (like me), some folks hate it (haven't met any, but I'm sure they exist), and there are probably those who just don't care either way. Personally, I think it is the sexiest looking Mustang produced. Ever. Even better that my (former) favorite 1969/1970. Overall, I'd give this car a 9.8 out of 10 (see comments above about tires and transmission). This is the "everyman's sports car" ... GREAT bang for the buck!"

Best American Muscle Car!!

By on Thursday, August 20, 2015

Pros: "Looks sporty, sounds great and handles well."

Cons: "Back seat, but I'll never sit there LOL!"

"I hired this car in Los Angeles last month and was so impressed that I came home to France and ordered it. It sounds great, goes like a rocket, handles well and stops abruptly when asked. The inside has everything one needs in terms of information, it's comfortable and well designed. I hired and ordered the V8, automatique convertable with lots of options. In France I'm paying $70,000(€62,760) US(with a 5 year garantee). That's not the cars fault though, just all the French taxes etc etc. Value for money, this is the best sports car in world."

Best Mustang ever made.

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "Immaculate interior, Classic Mustang lines"

Cons: "NONE"

"I just bought this car two months ago. It handles like a European sports car, yet has the power needed to demand respect. I would like to see three inches added to the rear seats, thus making the trunk smaller, but that is just splitting hairs. I didn't buy it for the rear seats. This Mustang is just a joy to drive and own."

Fun to drive

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

I want this car

Pros: "Upgraded interior, superb handling & braking on GT"

Cons: "Styling cues subject to individual taste."

"The 2015 Mustang GT is one of the best Ford has produced. The driving dynamics, suspension, and overall quality is much improved. I've owned two mustangs in the past and this one is by far the most fun to drive. Equipped with the latest tech toys and a much more modern interior, it leaves very little to be desired. I mean this as a compliment when I say the new mustang drives like an American muscle car, cross-bred with a modern import sport tuner car. For driving enthusiasts that's the best I can describe it. However, I must admit I have one small gripe about the car. I'm not a fan of the new exterior design. It is definitely a performance vehicle and well balanced, but in my opinion the new front clip styling makes it look more like a 2 door Fusion coupe than a Mustang. Looking at them side by side on the lot it is evident Ford is making an attempt to create a more distinct "family" line and use similar styling cues on all their cars. (Much in the same way BMW does) However, the mustang should not be included in this design family. It is far too distinct of an American icon and deserves to stand alone. In fairness the front end is very aggressive and sleek but I guess I preferred the outgoing Mustang more than the current one. The rear tail lights are also a bit odd and take some getting used to. Don't get me wrong this is a beautiful machine overall. Styling is always just a matter of taste. From what I've observed among most Mustang admirers is that if you were a fan of the 1970 Mustang you will love this model. If not, you'll still find it appealing enough to buy. It has enough muscle and luxury to win you over. Exhaust note is good, but a bit toned down from the previous beast. If you can spare the extra cash on installing an aftermarket exhaust I think its money well spent."

Best Mustang Ever!

By on Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Pros: "Value, performance, power, style, MUSTANG!"

Cons: "back seat"

"This is my 7th Mustang, and it's head and shoulders above the others. Mine is a GT Premium with the Premier Redline interior, which looks and feels very rich and European. It's not completely loaded, missing the 12-speaker Shaker, BLIS, adaptive cruise and some of the other really expensive toys. But it has all the essentials and some surprise-and-delight standards like remote start and heated/cooled seats. I find it to be very comfortable (size 46R male) with lots of seat support without feeling confining. The tilt/telescope wheel makes it easy to get the driving position right. Performance wise, this car is unreal. I have the 6-speed AT, which makes for smooth, effortless performance behind the 5.0L V8. Total rocket ship. Yet now that it's broken in, it knocks down as much as 28-29 mpg on the freeway at slightly more than legal speeds. Cannot complain. Handling is spectacular. I have had modified Mustangs in the past that did not handle this well. It's right up with my Infiniti G35. Yet it rides very well, never bottoms out, and is silent with no road noise. All this with the base GT suspension (not the Performance Package) and the 18-inch all-season Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires. By all accounts, the PP adds even more handling prowess, at the expense of a somewhat harsher and more bouncy ride. I made the right call for me; this car's ride/handling balance is very much in the BMW vein and is right on what I was hoping for. I ordered this car last July, before there were cars to even sit in, much less drive. I trusted Ford to get the 50th Anniversary Mustang GT right, and my trust was rewarded. I have no regrets. I have had no problems, fit and finish are excellent. One TSB repair (squealing brakes)was irritating but not at all serious and Ford took care of it with professionalism and courtesy."