2015 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,470 - $24,035.

9.5

Based on 4 Ratings for the 2015 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10

Close to perfect

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, BEAUTIFUL design"

Cons: "Price for premium options are too expensive."

"I'd like to start by saying I LOVE my new Mustang but there are a few things I would like to have seen differently now that I've owned it for a few months. I would give this car a 10/10 with these changes. Before getting to the changes I want to say that this car was close to perfect from what I expected from it. Everything I have listed in this are minor flaws I found but important ones I believe for a lot of people. I'm trying to give the exact flaw I found, how it impacts me as an owner/driver of this car and how it could be improved. First with the exterior: 1) Front turn signal/marker lights are a stock amber color and that makes the car look old and dated. When the lights are on the turn signal/marker lights should be white but turn amber when the turn signal is on and flashing. Driving at night the car looks like an older car from the front because of the bright amber lights. I don't like having a brand new car that looks older because of the bright yellow lights in front 2) Speaking of lights, the LED "gill" lights are beautiful but not bright enough, the headlight alone outshine the LEDs and you can barely see them when the headlights are on. When the car is coming down the road it's hard to see the LED gill lights because the headlights outshine them so much. Maybe the gills should be brighter or have a different look so you can clearly see the difference 3) I would've liked to see some sort of emblem on the side of the V6 and EcoBoost cars like the "5.0" on the GTs, it just gives it a nicer look from the side and helps your pride as a mustang owner when you can clearly see the difference of a V6 to EcoBoost and EcoBoost to GT 4) I would've liked to see different grilles on the V6 and EcoBoost, the GTs have the "teeth" look coming through the grille, I would've liked to see something to differentiate the EcoBoost from the V6 as well. There isn't much on the outside to help differentiate the V6 and EcoBoost models except for fog lights, wheels and the emblem on the trunk 5) The default black rear deck lid and rear valance should be different or have an option for a different color on the black cars. For example, I bought a black car but I really wanted the look all the other cars have from the back with different colors. Now on to the interior: 1) The storage space in front of the shifter is way too small, my smart phone barely fits in there and I have a standard size galaxy s4, anytime my phone sits in there and I take a quick turn or i'm on a winding road the phone tends to slide and fall right out of the storage space onto the floor, that not safe for the driver so maybe move the shifter back an inch and increase the storage space so it's easier to store things there 2) the 12V charger in that same storage area needs to be moved to the left a few centimeters, when I have a phone charger plugged in, it's way too uncomfortable to pull it out with how little room there is on the right side of the charging port. 3) The hard plastic used in the center area where the cup holders and shifter is feels way too cheap. It takes away from all the beautiful and quality material there actually is in the car 4) The shifter should be moved a few centimeters left and the cup holders should be moved a few centimeters up and to the right, the way it's designed does give me more space for my arm to rest but only when there is no drink in the front cup holder. When there is a drink there my wrist tends to bend more around my drink to wrap around the shifter, which is also uncomfortable for my wrist. 5) We need more storage space overall, the only space is the center console (which lacks space as well), the glove compartment (also too small), and the door panels (which are too skinny) Maybe add space on the outside near the feet of where the center stack is. 6) Its not very comfortable flipping through the toggle switches because of the little space between the shifter and the switches. 7) The military style badge is great and the toggle switches are great but because of the 1 solid color finish and the engraving isn't that deep it's hard to read them from the driver's seat. So maybe put black into the engraving so it's easier to read 8) There is a way to make the inside feel bigger, that would be by moving the seat belts for the driver and front passenger down like they are on the convertible models and make the "day light opening" in the windows completely open from the inside the way it looks on the outside. Also by doing this, you will be able to see more of the inside of the car from the outside looking in which will give it a bigger feel. It will also give the driver better view of their "blind spot" because it'll be completely open and also for larger people it'll give them more shoulder space 9) The dome light fixture looks exactly the same as older models, so I would like to see that updated and look a little different as with the "flaps" on the vanity mirrors. For example, on the 2010 mustangs the vanity mirror flaps resembled the shape of the hood and that was really unique so maybe do something similar. 10) Additional cup holders for the rear passengers and 1 in each door panel would be nice. Sometimes I have 2 drinks and my passenger has 1 drink and the additional drink has to be put on the floor or on my back seats which is inconvenient 11) Adding heated steering wheel and inflatable seat belts for future models would be nice features. 12) Add some technology for rear passengers like a 12V in the back. 13) Try adding 1-2 inches of leg room in the back seats and more head room for rear passengers 14) The "Start" push button shouldn't have a red accent, but a black accent. The red accent around the button looks tacky...As of right now this is all that I can think of, in my opinion these are all minor things that could be changed but a lot of people buy cars based on the details. Overall I would say that this car met and exceeded my expectations on many parts. The drive is incredible, the design inside and out is revolutionary for what a Mustang is. With this car I'd say that Ford has a very bright 50 more years with this car."

'15 mustang gt premium, pp, voice nav, adapt cruis

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "performs as needed"

Cons: "first gear (mt-81) engagement can make car jump"

"Drive modes, adaptive cruise, collision control, voice nav - phone - climate - stereo (speed volume), heated / ac seats and a 6 speed manual. I Drove 50 miles a day in my '06. Fire red with black stripes. Now, a different V-8 sound and look. Most of all is the new curve handling and straight line ability. Safety is my priority with a young son. The pony light projection, turn signals off the doors and door sills with rear tail lights you see from the side view is missing no more. Former '85-88 Ford tune up tech: Stability, performance and controls safely puts the novice beyond his or her normal abilities respectfully. Telescopic - tilt like my corvette for the in fighter in me. Concerns: MT-81. The car lunges forward as I move from neutral to first gear from day one. I found it consistent if I drifted forward slightly, stopped and re engaged the clutch. The light shut off / delay is a power drain on the reserve I would shorten. I found the sales mgr contacting to correct multiple comments he made.-to confirm I was wright on options he was not aware of. Enjoy the 35 videos ford offers and brace your self for the ride. Little to no protection for under side of the larger radiator is a concern."

My first 5.0 and what a treat!!!

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Power, handling, ride, nice interior."

Cons: "Nothing yet......."

"Ive driven plenty of Mustangs, mostly with 5.0 engines while plenty fast a little twitchy when pushed, I test drove mine with the IRS and what a difference. It's a GT with the performance package, Love it!!!. Real fast, handles well and rides nice."

A Feel Good Ride!

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "Fast, Fun, Responsive"

Cons: "none yet!"

"From bumper to bumper, my Mustang screams, have fun, drive me, drive me some more! The touches from the past, as well as the options of today are impressive with beautiful detail. The seating just kind of hugs you with comfort. The six-speed transmission? More fun! Face it, I didn't buy my Mustang to drive the soccer team around, I bought this so no matter where I was going, at least the drive was going to make me smile! Not a single issue with any feature on the car, although I did have to clean the garage for it."