2014 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,438 - $27,101.

10/7.8

Based on 1553 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

I just love this car

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "very reliable great looks not bad on gas"

"dollar for dollar the best car out there i also have a new corvette and if i had to choose to keep only one i would keep my mustang. thank you ford for creating the mustang."

Excellent performance and economy

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Performs excellently, great price, great mpgs"

Cons: "Needs a couple upgrades for top performance"

"This vehicle was the best possible value for what I needed; a performance car to throw around turns and suck me into the back of my seat, and something that I could not pour a bunch of money into the fuel tank with (if I can bring myself to drive normally...). Overall, paid about $25k for base model with performance package. 0-60 could best my classic camaro with a 350, suspension was tight enough to slalom the lines on the road with minimal roll, yet 30-32 highway mpg and 22-26 city (again, you have to shift at the recommended points in the manual to obtain the city mileage). The stock shifter was crummy (try to shift fast and you can miss the gate to 3rd and 5th) and had a long throw, so a replacement short throw took care of that. Also, it seems the suspension is a little too tight for the sway bar links; I messed up both front and back, and I didn't even abuse the thing. Not having independent rear suspension is noticeable too. Those features aside, this is the best car I've ever driven. I'm at the end of my factory warranty, and it still thrills me to get in it every morning. I got mine in performance white, so with the black 19" wheels and black side stripes, it still turns heads. Options to consider: -The stock stereo is what it is; bluetooth would be nice, but it wasn't worth the upgrade to the shaker system to me at the time. This option I constantly second guess. -Stone colored cloth seats are incredibly comfortable, but stain easy. Still glad I got them over the recaros, and it gives a sort of two-tone look to the interior. -Performance upgrades like forced air intake, exhaust, and a tune would make this quite the track car; 5.0 performance without the weight. -Bigger brakes would be excellent; the performance package upgrade was nearly unnoticeable. -It would look a whole lot meaner with a billet grille and some rear window louvers. Definitely consider this car if you're looking for muscle and daily driveability... so long as you don't mind having a tight suspension. Buying this car was the best decision I've ever made."

Great car!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

"Not jaded, just very happy with it. This is the best car that I have ever owned. This car reminds me of the first Ford Probe that I leased. It was a 1990 with a Vulcan V-6 that could tear up corners. This 2006 Mustang was rebuilt from the ground up and can tear up corners without fish tailing as its predecessors did. I have driven those previous models and had a 2004 that spun out a few times. This car is worth buying if the previous owner kept it up and had not gotten into an accident. Have the car inspected by a trusted mechanic if you buy a used one. I learned that lesson the hard way with a used Ford Probe GT. This car will not disappoint and those with other types of muscle and exotic cars will want to drag race you at the light. I wouldn't recommend it, but this car is a lot of fun!"

I have owned alot of hotrods and this is the best

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Gets alot of attention and 20 mpg. Killer stereo"

Cons: "Not alot of rear passenger leg room"

"This car does everything a car should do and does it well. Unless you need alot of space for kids and things i would not drive anything else."

Exciting to drive and effective daily transport

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable for travel"

Cons: "2 passengers only (+ 2 kids)"

"This is a 2 door sports car that carries two adults in comfort. My 4 year old grand daughter is quite comfortable in the back seat. Anyone over the 5 feet tall would be a bit cramped. The exterior is sharp -- I get a lot of comments. The interior is luxurious. Most critical is that the car is a blast to drive."