2014 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,385 - $27,052.

10/7.8

Based on 1559 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

I just love this car

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "very reliable great looks not bad on gas"

"dollar for dollar the best car out there i also have a new corvette and if i had to choose to keep only one i would keep my mustang. thank you ford for creating the mustang."

Excellent performance and economy

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Performs excellently, great price, great mpgs"

Cons: "Needs a couple upgrades for top performance"

"This vehicle was the best possible value for what I needed; a performance car to throw around turns and suck me into the back of my seat, and something that I could not pour a bunch of money into the fuel tank with (if I can bring myself to drive normally...). Overall, paid about $25k for base model with performance package. 0-60 could best my classic camaro with a 350, suspension was tight enough to slalom the lines on the road with minimal roll, yet 30-32 highway mpg and 22-26 city (again, you have to shift at the recommended points in the manual to obtain the city mileage). The stock shifter was crummy (try to shift fast and you can miss the gate to 3rd and 5th) and had a long throw, so a replacement short throw took care of that. Also, it seems the suspension is a little too tight for the sway bar links; I messed up both front and back, and I didn't even abuse the thing. Not having independent rear suspension is noticeable too. Those features aside, this is the best car I've ever driven. I'm at the end of my factory warranty, and it still thrills me to get in it every morning. I got mine in performance white, so with the black 19" wheels and black side stripes, it still turns heads. Options to consider: -The stock stereo is what it is; bluetooth would be nice, but it wasn't worth the upgrade to the shaker system to me at the time. This option I constantly second guess. -Stone colored cloth seats are incredibly comfortable, but stain easy. Still glad I got them over the recaros, and it gives a sort of two-tone look to the interior. -Performance upgrades like forced air intake, exhaust, and a tune would make this quite the track car; 5.0 performance without the weight. -Bigger brakes would be excellent; the performance package upgrade was nearly unnoticeable. -It would look a whole lot meaner with a billet grille and some rear window louvers. Definitely consider this car if you're looking for muscle and daily driveability... so long as you don't mind having a tight suspension. Buying this car was the best decision I've ever made."

Great car!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

"Not jaded, just very happy with it. This is the best car that I have ever owned. This car reminds me of the first Ford Probe that I leased. It was a 1990 with a Vulcan V-6 that could tear up corners. This 2006 Mustang was rebuilt from the ground up and can tear up corners without fish tailing as its predecessors did. I have driven those previous models and had a 2004 that spun out a few times. This car is worth buying if the previous owner kept it up and had not gotten into an accident. Have the car inspected by a trusted mechanic if you buy a used one. I learned that lesson the hard way with a used Ford Probe GT. This car will not disappoint and those with other types of muscle and exotic cars will want to drag race you at the light. I wouldn't recommend it, but this car is a lot of fun!"

I have owned alot of hotrods and this is the best

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Gets alot of attention and 20 mpg. Killer stereo"

Cons: "Not alot of rear passenger leg room"

"This car does everything a car should do and does it well. Unless you need alot of space for kids and things i would not drive anything else."

Exciting to drive and effective daily transport

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable for travel"

Cons: "2 passengers only (+ 2 kids)"

"This is a 2 door sports car that carries two adults in comfort. My 4 year old grand daughter is quite comfortable in the back seat. Anyone over the 5 feet tall would be a bit cramped. The exterior is sharp -- I get a lot of comments. The interior is luxurious. Most critical is that the car is a blast to drive."

The best Shelby yet

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Awesome car for the money"

"I own a 2013 Shelby GT 500 and this makes all of my other mustangs feel like go carts. This is the most powerful car I have ever driven. Plus Ford went above and behond when I bought this car. It was a present to me from coming back from Afghanastan."

This is the best car i have ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "not a good vehicle for the snow"

"I love this car, have not had any issues. It drives great, looks awesome. The inside is perfect with leather seats, i can change the colors of the ambient lighting, has sync with iPods, phones you name it. Superior sound. The only thing not good about this vehicle is that it is not good in bad weather i.e. snow, heavy rain..."

Great bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "city gas mileage"

"I have owned this car over two months and still can't wait to drive it everyday. Traded in a 2007 Mazda Miata and have not missed the Mazda once. My pony is a red GT convertible, manual shift, love the sound of the engine and way it handles on the highway. Who cares about listening to the radio when you hear the sound of this V-8 Ford. Wish town/city gas mpg was better,but overall it's a winner."

AWESOME!

By on Monday, April 23, 2012

Pros: "POWER,COMFORT,PRICE,APPEARANCE,MPG,ELECTRONICS"

Cons: "I'm still trying to find one."

"I bought a 2012 California special,this is a total package.I have had muscle cars from the 70s,80s and 90s but nothing like this GT.I have never been in a car that so many people(YOUNG AND OLD) have stared at when driving or just parked somewhere.The power of this car will put you back in your seat,at random speeds.I'm getting 29 miles per gallon on the highway with the cruise set at 69 mph,and 22.5 miles per gallon combined.The car is loaded with the latest electronic gadgets,still trying to learn about all of them,will take some time.This car is very comfortable when driving with it's soft leather seats,I don't ever want to get out of it.My wife loves the car also,but she is telling me that I spend too much time cleaning it,this car is like a magnet,it's hard to keep away from it.We are a married couple in our forties living in the midwest.I could talk about this car all day but all you have to do is test drive one and you will know what I'm talking about.FORD did their homework on this one!"

Fun car for an old man

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "FUN FUN FUN, affordable."

Cons: "A bit tight w/hard plastic corners in the cockpit."

"I am an old man and wanted a mustang since the first one. Finally ditched conventional wisdom and bought one. I love it. It's great fun to drive. Mine has the GT package with only the v-6 engine. This V-6 can lay down rubber like a V-8, unbelievable performance for a six. Comfortable ride but could use more cushioning or softening of some hard plastic parts in the front seating area, along with more knee room. Handling and cornering is great. MPG of about 28 hiway, low 20's otherwise."