2014 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,515 - $21,280.

10/7.8

Based on 1655 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Great Fun

By on Thursday, October 01, 2009

"This car is a blast to drive, and for the power it can deliver (500HP), it still gets 15 - 16mpg in town and 25mpg on the highway. The power throughtout the gears is excellent and in the first 3 gears is outstanding. If you don't pay attention, you will earn tickets as you can achive 100mph without even trying. It corners much better than some of the magazine tests proclaim, and the ride is a little on the stiff side (but what do you expect from a high performance pony car. Very plain inside, but this isn't something that concerned me. Extremely easy to upgrade to over 600HP if you decide to go that route. You probably won't have a vette killer, but then the vette is in another class altogether. Bottom line is that you will have fun and this car will hold it's value. Paid just under 37k about 6 months ago, now KBB puts it in at just under 41k. On the dirt: the clutch in the older versions has a Service Bulletin on it, it tends to chatter. It is a ceramic clutch and is meant for pretty much just kickin bu!!. Driving it in the city will usually cause trouble. The Service Bulletin will fix this by way of an organic clutch. I still love it!"

transmission failed

By on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

"I have the 05 GT convertible. The top needs a hand to raise and lower. The auto trans failed at 48000 miles and had to be re-built. It has good power, the a/c blows real cold. I like the looks, the power, the top down on nice days. Somewhat disappointed with the top and the trans.,I have heard of others having top issues. I have not heard of any others with trans issues."

excellent

By on Friday, September 04, 2009

"With a set of BBK headers installed and Pipes performance muffler deletes and a K&N filter I get 25 MPG with the air on fully loaded with pssengers and an SCT tune programed in the computer. That is 25 mpg from a vehicle that has approx 359 hp at the flywheel. I love the old cars from the 60's but they just could not get the mileage with the carburators for fuel metering. Inject one of the older cars and I will be scared of you though."

Glad to have it!

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"My husband is a car dealer and has brought home three injured Mustangs - a 71 coupe, a 91 5.0 Convertible (now a show car for me) and an 06 GT premium w/a Shaker 1000 stereo system and the 4.6 v8. We're still trying to get the 06 on its feet and back to like-new condition, it was wrecked in the front, but its driveable now. It's averaging 29 mpg (but I drive 60 mph, not 70 or even 75 just so I DO get better mileage). It will definitely force your entire body back in the seat, not just snap your head back, when you romp on the gas. I don't what that one guy was reading when he posted a review that said it only has 210 hp, but STOCK a GT has 300-315. Replace the underdrive pulleys, add cold air induction and a few other things, and you crank the HP right on up. The FRONT seats are very comfortable, lots of leg room - and I"m 5' 9", my husband is 6'. I can stretch my legs out on the passenger side, point my toes, and THEN feel the end of the floor. Most cars, I have to have the driver's seat alll the way back, but not in this one. I have some room to scoot up and give a bit more leg room to the back seat. The back seats themselves are roomy and swallow up my 7 year old, but the leg room is non-existent. And I mean NON EXISTENT even with the driver's seat moved forward some. Sure, I know its a modern muscle car, not a family sedan, but cripe! my 91 has luxurious leg room compared to my 06! Still, both my kids said they didn't care, just as long as we could keep it! They're a 3rd generation of Mustang fans. The pipes are okay sounding, but I'm putting Flowmasters on it next summer (Its not like I'm going to void the warranty!) and the Shaker system ROCKS - I love a car that goes boom - you won't win any competitions with it, but you can't sit in it and turn the volume up very far... it'll leave you deaf. Trunk rattles way too much, but nothing some Dynamat won't remedy. Anyway, great car, Ford deserves some big props for regaining the vision that is "Mustang"."

Excellent Fun SUMMER Car

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"I love my mustang. However I would sell it before I got rid of my truck. I live in colorado and snow and ice and winter would make this a very difficult primary vehicle. Its fun to drive. Aftermarket parts are inexpensive and plentiful if you're into that kind of thing. Its fast enough to satisfy almost everybody. Handling is agile and responsive. Its not a BMW or Mercedes. Its a muscle car, and when you mash the pedal it rears back and waves an american flag. Safety: What can I say? I hydroplaned at 70 mph on the highway last week. Lost control and spun out. Impacted a cable barrier with the back of the car. I walked away without even a bruise. Cars in the shop now. Why did I spin out? Not the cars fault. I had drag radials on the back. Basically race tires. Purely my fault. Definately worth the money. Bargain price for the performance and quality you get."

good value

By on Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Ill start by saying I love my car but I have had a few problems with it. 1st the tire pressure sensors had to be replaced. 2nd the rear seat level broke.3rd and the biggest is the hood had to be replaced due to the what I was told it had gotten infected with something at the factory. Ford would not replace it and I was told that they would scuff it and paint it. The body shop manager told me it would come back for sure. The only way I got it replaced was due to the dealership gave me the wrong title to a GT so they (unhapply) agreed to replace my hood."

GT500

By on Friday, March 13, 2009

"This is not your daily driver! Extremely powerful, almost too powerful for around the town driving, and an absolute blast to drive! No comparison to the stock GT - not even close. If you buy one, be prepared to deal with the little specifics to this car - esp. in a colder climate. I have no complaints with this car."

greatest

By on Sunday, March 08, 2009

"40k miles not one problem.ex gas milage,great handling thanks to the pony package. the worst part of the car is the factory shifter. i changed it and now its great..."

2009 Shelby GT500

By on Monday, February 09, 2009

"2009 Shelby GT500 I just purchased this car and its is awesome. I have had multiple mustangs over the years and never had any trouble out of any of them. The styling, sound, and performance keeps bringing me back. I had several GT mustangs and my only compaint was how quickly they seemed to drepreciate. I am hoping the GT500 will hold its value much better. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone wanting big power and a vehicle that turns heads everywhere you go."

Excellent handling car

By on Thursday, January 08, 2009

"This car took the place of my motorcycle. It drives like a much more expensive unit. With the top down and the Magna Flow exhaust system humming, I have all the pluses of a bike and I don't have to put my foot down every time I stop. One of the best cars I have ever owned during my 73 years (owned my first car at 15)."

nice cruiser

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"Had defective tires and a few rattles in it, got those issues resolved. Exterior looks great and well put together. Interior looks a little cheap , shifter a bit notchy and the console around it is a little high. The car steers well, good feel in the front end. It handles well for a relatively heavy car and it being a convertable. Shaker sound system sounds good. Not the most practical car in the neighborhood but few can rival the smiles per miles per dollars. It's a blast to drive, a throwback to earlier times with a relaxed feel of a V-8 pulling you down the highway. The really nice thing about it is that you're not under the hood every weekend getting it to run right. Ford did good with this one."

Best car I've ever driven

By on Friday, December 05, 2008

"As i was pulling away from the dealership when I first bought the car I can remember thinking. "Holy cow" this thing has unbelievable torque. The take off was effortless and it has fantastic traction. As I shifted into second I eased into the throttle kind of Rapidly thinking that the car might break loose.... I was totally supprised when the car just squatted down and took off like a rocket... "WOW" unbelievable. This car plants you in the seat and keeps you there thru every gear. The power band is almost endless. I can not say enough about it, but aside from the power and torque, the handling is great, there is very little to no body roll. Dont worry about hitting the corners too hard... the car has plenty of power to pull you out of it. As far as the car's ride is concerned it is smooth as silk and very comfortable. It also has plenty of leg room (I am 6'3"). It has a great sounding stereo system and I realy enjoy driving the car. The only time this vehicle will be in the garage and under a car cover is when its raining or snowing...."

GT

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"The few problems i've had are no heat on the feet it only comes out the defroster, A problem filling the gas tank it won't let you fill over half a tank 80% of the time And the drivers side front window some times goes up and then right back down on it's own ????? Other than that it runs great has more than enough power and get's a lot of looks from the crowd. On a scale of 1-10 I'll give it a 9."

real head turner

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I bought this '07 red mustang with the parchment top for my wife's 50th birthday. I got to drive it home...that's about it! Since then, my wife and daughters control the vehicle! Seriously, it has exceeded our expectation. Extremely elegant to drive, comfortable, and quite a head-turner. I am getting decent mileage in town, averaging right at 21 mpg. As far as highway goes, we keep it off the interstate, prefering the backroads, in concert with the stated purpose. Absoultely smokin' car to take to the football games and tailgate! Also got a sweet deal on the car. Ford dealers will do about anything to move a vehicle these days. This one is a real gem. Christo"

like the commercial

By on Friday, September 05, 2008

"I drove my son's 2005 mustang for a few days and like the commercial, I didn't want to give it back....so, I went and bought one, too. Love the car - I hope Ford is smart enough to keep current body style and design as it's one of the best i've seen in years...handles great"

Awesome!!!

By on Monday, September 01, 2008

"I have owned 3 mustangs in my life, a 1989, a 2002 V6, and my current 08 V6.When i sold my 2002 V6 I thought I would go for the ever popular civic. I purchased the 07 honda new and it was a good car but just wasnt the same as owning a mustang. I wanted my mustang back so bad, so I traded the honda in on my 08 mustang V6,and have never been happier. The performance of the V6 has really changed a lot, which it does have as much horsepower as the old 5.0 stangs. My mustang is grabber orange with the GT apperance packeage which adds a flat black racing stripe and hood scoop, a flat black chin spoiler and rear spoiler, and the 18 inch wheels. The shaker 500 sound system is awesome it is hard to believe it is stock. The new mustangs definetly get a lot of attention. It is the best decision I have ever made."

Fun to Drive

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"I bought this car new in Feb 2006. The front seats are the second best I have ever sat in, best were in a 1994 Ford Aerostar. The V6 has plenty of power for passing and hill climbing without downshifting. It has a nice rumbling sound through the factory exhaust (too loud for my parents.) I use this as my primary "Road Trip" car since I get 34mpg on the highway with the A/C running (K&N air filter installed.) I have had great service at every Ford Dealer that I have used for the oil changes (every 5,000 miles.) The rear seats are comfortable if the person in front of you is short. There is only seating for four. The trunk is large enough for me, the fold down rear seats allow me to haul a few standard 2"x4"x8' boards without anything hanging out of the car. This car has been one of the better car buys for me."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"I bought this car used because I hate my 2007 Saturn Aura so much and I missed my classic car convertible, which I sold. I plan to drive the Mustang in the winter also. So far, I love it - it is smooth, comfortable, and I think a good value for the money."

Great car all around

By on Sunday, June 22, 2008

"So far, this car has delivered. I'm getting 20.6 mpg in the city and 25.7 mpg on the highway- 'course you gotta keep your foot out of it! ;) It is beautiful, comfortable, and will scream upon demand. I love it and will keep it forever!"

Forever a Classic

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"I have had two mustangs now and I will always own one. It is a great 2nd car... Too nice to drive every day if not needed to be a daily driver. Very comfortable if needed to drive daily. Will always be a classic eye catcher!"

The BEST EVER MUSTANG

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"I love, love this car. Its a classic. No matter where I go, my car is the sweetest ride. I see a lot of cars that are nice but when its all said and done, I can still say with a smile,I love mine the best!"

New American Classic!

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"The 2007 Mustang GT drives even better than it looks. With it's 52/48 weight distribution and stiff chassis, handling is excellent. Add a 300hp V8 and you've got a real drivers car. It's a very quick car with a sweet sounding exhaust, AND I get 20.4 mpg daily driving. nits: I wish it had nicer more comfortable seats and interior plastics scratch very easily."

awesome car

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I love my 05' mustang. I have owned 5 mustangs now and this is the best one. Great power and looks sharp."

a blast to drive

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Great performance, handling, looks, everything. My wife and I both have been driving them for 3 years. Dropping the top on a beautiful day is breathtaking!"

Amazing!

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"Classic muscle car, great retro styling! Affordable, perfect amount of power, great gas mileage for a V-6 (EPA 19/28); I get about 22.5 on the street and about 26 highway."