2014 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,559 - $21,316.

10/7.8

Based on 1632 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Exciting to drive and effective daily transport

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable for travel"

Cons: "2 passengers only (+ 2 kids)"

"This is a 2 door sports car that carries two adults in comfort. My 4 year old grand daughter is quite comfortable in the back seat. Anyone over the 5 feet tall would be a bit cramped. The exterior is sharp -- I get a lot of comments. The interior is luxurious. Most critical is that the car is a blast to drive."

Amazing performance and quality for the money!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Value, Power, Fun to Drive, Handling"

Cons: "Poor Cupholder Location"

"I bought my Mustang last year and I have enjoyed every minute of driving it. There is no better performance value for the money as far as I am concerned. 412 HP and a better power to weight ratio than anything offered by Chevy or Dodge...and all for a little over $29,000? Cannot be outdone. My kudos to Ford for making an outstanding car, throughout the Mustang range...unmatched. Well done! I absolutely recommend this car to anyone looking for performance, quality, value, and heritage wrapped into one great package! I have been converted...didnt used to like Mustangs...now, cant be pulled away!"

Wow

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Been a die hard GM man my entire life. Have owned 13 Camaros/firebirds and about 8 GM trucks. One test drive was all it took in this car, and I am floored. Bought the car one year and 22,000 miles ago, and to date it still is the favorite car I have ever had. Makes every trip to and from work a pleasure. If your looking for a car in this segment, take the time to check one of the new mustang's out!"

1st car

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

"drives nice and good hp for v6. small backseat though, which is expected for a mustang, but the car is comfortable enough for long trips in the front seats. i would reccomend this car to anybody looking at the newer mustangs."

Great!!!!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"I bought this car in 2005. I had it now for about 3 and I do not regreted. It's been a great car and had never had any problems. The feeling, the power, the looks, everything is great on this car. Reccomended 100%."

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"Ford nailed it with this car. I've had it for over 2yrs and still love it! Quality is up to par with cars costing far more and the fun and satisfaction level is off the scale. My car has had no defects or problems so far, and I can say the paint work is far better than that of my '03 Honda Accord. There is NO substitution for V8 rear wheel drive muscle. Every time I drive or look at this car it makes me smile."

Stylish, Tough, Fun Car!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"I've had my V8 GT since Feb 2005 and have had no major problems with it. I upgraded to leather which is easy to clean (especially with young kids). It has been a great, fun car. I wish people would stop comparing it to the European sports cars, it's not the same in any way and doesn't claim to be. If I had the money for a Mercedes etc, maybe I'd buy one. I LOVE my American Muscle car and do not wish for something else. My kids fit fine, we do not need a car to lounge in, and my kids like it for what it is. I love the acceleration, the sound, the agility and quick breaking. This has been the most fun car I've ever owned and I plan to keep it forever!"

The SHELBY GT version

By on Sunday, January 06, 2008

"I recently took delivery of a Shelby GT Mustang Fastback, which is a premium GT converted by Shelby Automotive in Las Vegas. It is Vista Blue with light grey Lemans racing stripe, Ford Racing Suspension, Ford Racing Performance, all the Shelby mods, and 18: chrome ploished wheels. This is my 4th Stang (67 289 coupe, 85 GT, 89 GT and now this bad boy. With 325 HP and a 5 speed, it is awesome. The car is lowered 1.5 inches with the conversion. Ford racing performance installs an X pipe on the exhaust and FPR mufflers, so it sounds like John Force's Funny Car when launched. The FPR racing tune and Huge air intake create the xtra 25 HP. I may have a blower (supercharger)installed this spring, which will increase H.P. to 475!! Quality control is very good. Body construction is flawlwss. Paint and finish is excellent. Door and deck lid alignments are right on. Glass installation is perfect. Ford has always been recognized for excellent leather used for seating surfaces. This is no exception. Although some of the technology used for temperature control, sound system control, etc.. is somewhat obsolete, hey, it's a retro car! I feel somewhat guilty driving this machine around town, as it makes people heads snap and I am afraid they may break their necks. Oh well, better to be behind the wheel thay to be an observer. As Carroll Shelby once said, "nobody should have to live an ordinary life". You definately won't... driving this horse around town."

The Best Comeback In Years

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Realistically Ford's 99-2004 design left a lot to be desired. Soon after the 99' release, the streets became flooded with the body style that would plague ford for 6 years. The Chevy Corvette's C5 body style was the only other performance car to do this (actually did it longer from 97-2004) but the Corvette fan base is 100% stronger than the Mustang's. In 2005 Ford re-evaluated it's multiple Motor Trend Car of the year winner and did an absolute excellent job of recreating the retro styling from the 1960's. This body style is the most gorgeous of The Mustang's time in my personal opinion. The lines capture hearts everywhere I drive. I've had people pull up at stoplights and honk the horn to have me roll the window down for compliments. (However, this may be because of my chrome 22 inch Dropstar Wheels LOL) The new Mustang however isn't perfect. The suspension is stiff and sporty, but a little too stiff. It's not too bad in the first 30 mins of driving, but if you're on I-85 North from South Ga, get over in the middle lane because the newly constructed interstate will give you a headache in the "rebuilt lane." There is good head and legroom up front, but the low seats, tall dash top, and high windowsills create a cozy feel. Driver comfort is enhanced by the standard tilt steering wheel, height-adjustable seat, and nicely contoured backrest. But sometimes my knees make unwanted contact with the hard door panel and center console. Shoulder belts don't adjust for height, and run at neck level on some of my friends and family. (Mainly my girlfriend) Overall visibility is good, but the long doors complicate tight-quarters entry/exit. Rear seat space is inhospitable for adults; there's little room, and entry/exit requires back-straining moves. The Mustang body has good trunk space for the class, but not much by absolute standards. Trunk lids open wide on non-intruding hinges, but the aperture's size and shape preclude bulky items. The subwoofer consumes an unacceptable amount of trunk space. Cabin storage is sparse; the door map pockets are almost useless. Plus, considering the healthy price tag, (27,000-32,000) I didn't feel as though Ford could justify such a simple design with so much plastic. It's built really cheap. Not to mention the fact that even loaded, the options for the dash aren’t really "options" as far as convenience...go figure. Its just one main panel in the middle of the car...no fancy stuff like dual climate control. Overall, it's a GREAT car if you love performance but just "ok" if you're looking for comfort/luxury. I only buy 5spds, so I suggest you do the same. Make sure it's a 300 HP GT like mine, as well. Happy Buying!"

Love it!!

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

"I fell in love with this car when I saw it and it has never let me down. People just come up and tell me what an awesome looking car it is. It is fun to drive and I have absolutely no trouble getting on the freeway! There are a couple of blind spots, but not a major problem."