2013 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,854 - $25,795.

10/7.9

Based on 1476 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

I will own this car forever!!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Super fun to drive/own"

Cons: "expensive windshield wipers"

"I have owned this car (2007 Mustang GT convertible) for 3 months now, and I so enjoy it!! The handling, the instant response of the gas pedal...it's amazing! I never really liked the Ford Mustang until I test drove a car that sounded like a rice burner and the saleman said "I have the car for you" I told him I never liked them - there are so many of them on the road. He told me to just drive it. As soon as I sat in it - I was in love. The red leather seat hugs you, so comfortable...which is unusual for a sports car. The heaviness of the vehicle gives you the feeling of safety, again...not found in most sports cars. The gutteral sound of the duel exhaust never gets old! Gas milage not bad either for a V8 with some sassy driving 21.3 miles to the gallon. That is a combo of hwy and city driving. And the funny thing is, I never lack some ding dong who wants to race me (and loose)...lol...I get so many comments on my beautiful Mustang - more than any other sports car I have owned, and I have owned 4, with the Mustang being my 5th. I will NEVER own another kind of car. I am a Pony Fan for life!! : )"

Great car!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

"Not jaded, just very happy with it. This is the best car that I have ever owned. This car reminds me of the first Ford Probe that I leased. It was a 1990 with a Vulcan V-6 that could tear up corners. This 2006 Mustang was rebuilt from the ground up and can tear up corners without fish tailing as its predecessors did. I have driven those previous models and had a 2004 that spun out a few times. This car is worth buying if the previous owner kept it up and had not gotten into an accident. Have the car inspected by a trusted mechanic if you buy a used one. I learned that lesson the hard way with a used Ford Probe GT. This car will not disappoint and those with other types of muscle and exotic cars will want to drag race you at the light. I wouldn't recommend it, but this car is a lot of fun!"

FASTEST THING UNDER 40K

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Scary Fast with minor upgrades."

Cons: "I want an automatic"

"Really love this car and the way it looks, drives, and has good fuel economy for a car with 400+ horsepower (24mpg). Car handles like a dream has more than enough leg room and I am 6-3 240. Only thing I don't like is the 3.73 gears and the stick. Was fun at first but after 51000 miles all I want is an automatic. Best thing is Camaro drivers don't talk to me downside is they want play with me either."

The best mustang GTever .

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive with one awesome motor."

Cons: "Lack of usuable cup holders."

"I waited 45 years to buy my 2011 Mustang GT premim,I am now 66 years old. The car has been bullet proof. The new 5.0 motor is the best V8 engine in the US. Some options that I would have never assume I needed was blue tooth and Sirius radio, never will do without now. No doubt this is the best bang for the buck car on the road. With pure non alcohol 93 octane gas I have achieved 28 MPG. I just wish I had had it in 1968 at the drag strip, it will out run any of the old muscle cars, verified 12.7 sec. in the quarter mile. Gotta love a Mustang!!"

It's the cheapest hot rod I could find.

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "308 hp add after market mufflers = 320hp"

"It's the fastest V-6 I have ever drove. With traction control it corners unbelievable. All for less then $25,000."

I just love this car

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "very reliable great looks not bad on gas"

"dollar for dollar the best car out there i also have a new corvette and if i had to choose to keep only one i would keep my mustang. thank you ford for creating the mustang."

I have owned alot of hotrods and this is the best

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Gets alot of attention and 20 mpg. Killer stereo"

Cons: "Not alot of rear passenger leg room"

"This car does everything a car should do and does it well. Unless you need alot of space for kids and things i would not drive anything else."

Exciting to drive and effective daily transport

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable for travel"

Cons: "2 passengers only (+ 2 kids)"

"This is a 2 door sports car that carries two adults in comfort. My 4 year old grand daughter is quite comfortable in the back seat. Anyone over the 5 feet tall would be a bit cramped. The exterior is sharp -- I get a lot of comments. The interior is luxurious. Most critical is that the car is a blast to drive."

The best Shelby yet

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "Awesome car for the money"

"I own a 2013 Shelby GT 500 and this makes all of my other mustangs feel like go carts. This is the most powerful car I have ever driven. Plus Ford went above and behond when I bought this car. It was a present to me from coming back from Afghanastan."

This is the best car i have ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "not a good vehicle for the snow"

"I love this car, have not had any issues. It drives great, looks awesome. The inside is perfect with leather seats, i can change the colors of the ambient lighting, has sync with iPods, phones you name it. Superior sound. The only thing not good about this vehicle is that it is not good in bad weather i.e. snow, heavy rain..."

Great bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "city gas mileage"

"I have owned this car over two months and still can't wait to drive it everyday. Traded in a 2007 Mazda Miata and have not missed the Mazda once. My pony is a red GT convertible, manual shift, love the sound of the engine and way it handles on the highway. Who cares about listening to the radio when you hear the sound of this V-8 Ford. Wish town/city gas mpg was better,but overall it's a winner."

AWESOME!

By on Monday, April 23, 2012

Pros: "POWER,COMFORT,PRICE,APPEARANCE,MPG,ELECTRONICS"

Cons: "I'm still trying to find one."

"I bought a 2012 California special,this is a total package.I have had muscle cars from the 70s,80s and 90s but nothing like this GT.I have never been in a car that so many people(YOUNG AND OLD) have stared at when driving or just parked somewhere.The power of this car will put you back in your seat,at random speeds.I'm getting 29 miles per gallon on the highway with the cruise set at 69 mph,and 22.5 miles per gallon combined.The car is loaded with the latest electronic gadgets,still trying to learn about all of them,will take some time.This car is very comfortable when driving with it's soft leather seats,I don't ever want to get out of it.My wife loves the car also,but she is telling me that I spend too much time cleaning it,this car is like a magnet,it's hard to keep away from it.We are a married couple in our forties living in the midwest.I could talk about this car all day but all you have to do is test drive one and you will know what I'm talking about.FORD did their homework on this one!"

Fun car for an old man

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "FUN FUN FUN, affordable."

Cons: "A bit tight w/hard plastic corners in the cockpit."

"I am an old man and wanted a mustang since the first one. Finally ditched conventional wisdom and bought one. I love it. It's great fun to drive. Mine has the GT package with only the v-6 engine. This V-6 can lay down rubber like a V-8, unbelievable performance for a six. Comfortable ride but could use more cushioning or softening of some hard plastic parts in the front seating area, along with more knee room. Handling and cornering is great. MPG of about 28 hiway, low 20's otherwise."

Amazing performance and quality for the money!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Value, Power, Fun to Drive, Handling"

Cons: "Poor Cupholder Location"

"I bought my Mustang last year and I have enjoyed every minute of driving it. There is no better performance value for the money as far as I am concerned. 412 HP and a better power to weight ratio than anything offered by Chevy or Dodge...and all for a little over $29,000? Cannot be outdone. My kudos to Ford for making an outstanding car, throughout the Mustang range...unmatched. Well done! I absolutely recommend this car to anyone looking for performance, quality, value, and heritage wrapped into one great package! I have been converted...didnt used to like Mustangs...now, cant be pulled away!"

Wow

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Been a die hard GM man my entire life. Have owned 13 Camaros/firebirds and about 8 GM trucks. One test drive was all it took in this car, and I am floored. Bought the car one year and 22,000 miles ago, and to date it still is the favorite car I have ever had. Makes every trip to and from work a pleasure. If your looking for a car in this segment, take the time to check one of the new mustang's out!"

1st car

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

"drives nice and good hp for v6. small backseat though, which is expected for a mustang, but the car is comfortable enough for long trips in the front seats. i would reccomend this car to anybody looking at the newer mustangs."

Great!!!!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"I bought this car in 2005. I had it now for about 3 and I do not regreted. It's been a great car and had never had any problems. The feeling, the power, the looks, everything is great on this car. Reccomended 100%."

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"Ford nailed it with this car. I've had it for over 2yrs and still love it! Quality is up to par with cars costing far more and the fun and satisfaction level is off the scale. My car has had no defects or problems so far, and I can say the paint work is far better than that of my '03 Honda Accord. There is NO substitution for V8 rear wheel drive muscle. Every time I drive or look at this car it makes me smile."

Stylish, Tough, Fun Car!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"I've had my V8 GT since Feb 2005 and have had no major problems with it. I upgraded to leather which is easy to clean (especially with young kids). It has been a great, fun car. I wish people would stop comparing it to the European sports cars, it's not the same in any way and doesn't claim to be. If I had the money for a Mercedes etc, maybe I'd buy one. I LOVE my American Muscle car and do not wish for something else. My kids fit fine, we do not need a car to lounge in, and my kids like it for what it is. I love the acceleration, the sound, the agility and quick breaking. This has been the most fun car I've ever owned and I plan to keep it forever!"

The SHELBY GT version

By on Sunday, January 06, 2008

"I recently took delivery of a Shelby GT Mustang Fastback, which is a premium GT converted by Shelby Automotive in Las Vegas. It is Vista Blue with light grey Lemans racing stripe, Ford Racing Suspension, Ford Racing Performance, all the Shelby mods, and 18: chrome ploished wheels. This is my 4th Stang (67 289 coupe, 85 GT, 89 GT and now this bad boy. With 325 HP and a 5 speed, it is awesome. The car is lowered 1.5 inches with the conversion. Ford racing performance installs an X pipe on the exhaust and FPR mufflers, so it sounds like John Force's Funny Car when launched. The FPR racing tune and Huge air intake create the xtra 25 HP. I may have a blower (supercharger)installed this spring, which will increase H.P. to 475!! Quality control is very good. Body construction is flawlwss. Paint and finish is excellent. Door and deck lid alignments are right on. Glass installation is perfect. Ford has always been recognized for excellent leather used for seating surfaces. This is no exception. Although some of the technology used for temperature control, sound system control, etc.. is somewhat obsolete, hey, it's a retro car! I feel somewhat guilty driving this machine around town, as it makes people heads snap and I am afraid they may break their necks. Oh well, better to be behind the wheel thay to be an observer. As Carroll Shelby once said, "nobody should have to live an ordinary life". You definately won't... driving this horse around town."

The Best Comeback In Years

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Realistically Ford's 99-2004 design left a lot to be desired. Soon after the 99' release, the streets became flooded with the body style that would plague ford for 6 years. The Chevy Corvette's C5 body style was the only other performance car to do this (actually did it longer from 97-2004) but the Corvette fan base is 100% stronger than the Mustang's. In 2005 Ford re-evaluated it's multiple Motor Trend Car of the year winner and did an absolute excellent job of recreating the retro styling from the 1960's. This body style is the most gorgeous of The Mustang's time in my personal opinion. The lines capture hearts everywhere I drive. I've had people pull up at stoplights and honk the horn to have me roll the window down for compliments. (However, this may be because of my chrome 22 inch Dropstar Wheels LOL) The new Mustang however isn't perfect. The suspension is stiff and sporty, but a little too stiff. It's not too bad in the first 30 mins of driving, but if you're on I-85 North from South Ga, get over in the middle lane because the newly constructed interstate will give you a headache in the "rebuilt lane." There is good head and legroom up front, but the low seats, tall dash top, and high windowsills create a cozy feel. Driver comfort is enhanced by the standard tilt steering wheel, height-adjustable seat, and nicely contoured backrest. But sometimes my knees make unwanted contact with the hard door panel and center console. Shoulder belts don't adjust for height, and run at neck level on some of my friends and family. (Mainly my girlfriend) Overall visibility is good, but the long doors complicate tight-quarters entry/exit. Rear seat space is inhospitable for adults; there's little room, and entry/exit requires back-straining moves. The Mustang body has good trunk space for the class, but not much by absolute standards. Trunk lids open wide on non-intruding hinges, but the aperture's size and shape preclude bulky items. The subwoofer consumes an unacceptable amount of trunk space. Cabin storage is sparse; the door map pockets are almost useless. Plus, considering the healthy price tag, (27,000-32,000) I didn't feel as though Ford could justify such a simple design with so much plastic. It's built really cheap. Not to mention the fact that even loaded, the options for the dash aren’t really "options" as far as convenience...go figure. Its just one main panel in the middle of the car...no fancy stuff like dual climate control. Overall, it's a GREAT car if you love performance but just "ok" if you're looking for comfort/luxury. I only buy 5spds, so I suggest you do the same. Make sure it's a 300 HP GT like mine, as well. Happy Buying!"

Love it!!

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

"I fell in love with this car when I saw it and it has never let me down. People just come up and tell me what an awesome looking car it is. It is fun to drive and I have absolutely no trouble getting on the freeway! There are a couple of blind spots, but not a major problem."

Nice Ride

By on Monday, November 05, 2007

"Once a month, I make the payment and frown. Everyday I drive it and smile..."

Best bang for the buck

By on Sunday, September 09, 2007

"If you want something reliable , fuel efficient and good styling lines , then this car is for you . There is nothing out there for the value and the price . V8 power and a convertible . Nothing like it ! ! ! !"

Outstanding Pony V6

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"We have had this car for 16 months. It has never been back to the dealer for anything. It is a comfortable car to drive and V6 has plenty of power for around the town. Gets around 24 MPG too. Only change that we made was to install a auto-dimming mirror with temp and compass. Highly recommend this car."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25