2009 Ford Mustang

Based on 1702 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

I love driving everyday

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "Great price, good mileage, fast car, great looks"

Cons: "back seat is small, but that's it"

"This car is awesome. It's comfortable and easy to see out of for a sports car. I love being able to gun it and get some speed and then also being able to get some good gas mileage with it if I want. Best of both worlds! I replaced the factory grille with the chrome billets and added the white tape stripe on the sides and this car looks great. The kona blue is a beautiful color and I've gotten multiple compliments on the way it looks. I drive it as a daily commuter and it always brightens my day."

Great looking car. Very reliable.

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great looking car, great handling"

Cons: "low clearance, ride a little rough"

2008 Shelby GT

"I love this car. I bought it new, but it had to be restriped by the dealer before purchase as the Shelby installed stripes did not hold up. They hold up OK when the car is garaged however. The car gets better mileage than the EPA figures. The car is fun to drive and handles great but the ride is a little rough and the ground clearance is limited."

2008 Shelby GT

Best performance car for the price

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Best retro styling. 23 MPG ON REGULAR GAS!!!"

Cons: "More to insure than the average car."

"All I can say to the people who bash Fords is you need to own one. I have owned 30 cars since I was 16 and Fords are the best all around. The 2009 Mustang GT is an incredible performance car.Mine gets 23 MPG average on REGULAR GAS!! It will surprise other performance cars that cost several times more than it does. I can tell you it will out accellerate most cars short of the newer Corevette's. It's little 4.6 (281 cu inches)puts out 300 hp stock. Combine that with ample torque and lighter weight than the other muscle cars and you can EMBARASS cars with much larger engines."

Well built

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Styling, durable"

Cons: "computer"

"I bought this car when it was a year old with 15,000 miles on it. It was a rental car. It now has over 144,000 miles on it and has been a very reliable car. Just recently I had to replace the thermostat housing. It's plastic and cracked. I also replaced the water pump, although looking back that probably wasn't the problem to begin with. Those are the ONLY serious problems I've had with this car. And, with the room in the engine compartment, I was able to do the repairs myself. The computer will once in awhile get funky and my gauges aren't accurate. Other than that, it just been the normal maintenance (tires, brakes, spark plugs). I drive it all year round, even in the snow here in Pennsylvania. It still gets about 23-24 MPG driving between highway and in town. Maybe I just got lucky, but Ford built a very reliable car."

Drive it you will like it.

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive head turner"

Cons: "With the size and power of the engine fuel mileage"

Looking good in the sun.

"Alot of bang for the buck drive one and see for yourself. The Shelby is a real head turner very powerfull right out of the box."

Looking good in the sun.

Best vehicle for price and performance

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Great price, lots of aftermarket upgrades"

Cons: "Little interior storage, stock suspension"

"Purchased V6 instead of V8 made small improvements to suspension for track driving. Even with the added cost the total expense was less than the V8 GT and with more than sufficient performance for the everyday driver."

Fun, fun, fun!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Power, handling, great convertible top."

Cons: "A few interior design improvements would be nice."

"Bought the GT convertible new. Absolutely a great vehicle. Rock solid, no rattles, great sound, and a convertible in Oregon? Sure. Summers are dry and warm, perfect for driving topless. Never a leak in winter, either. Driving always leaves a smile on my face."

Great car so far

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "fun, sporty, SIRIUS, retro interior/exterior"

Cons: "interior has a lot of plastic"

"I've had my car for 3 years and 45,000 miles. It is fun, sporty and has some nice features. Mine is a manual and I've had no problems maintenance wise as of yet. It still runs like new. The only small issue I've had with it is that Ford could have done a better job on the interior. There is a lot of plastic but the instrument panel has a nice retro-60's look to it with modernized features. It is really a 2 seater, the back seats are too small for people in reality but it's a Mustang. If you want a family car get a sedan :P"

Love it, Makes me feel like a kid again.

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "I look forward to each drive."

Cons: "I won't be able to drive it forever."

"Handles and performs great. Bringing back the style of the 60s was the smartest thing Ford could have done. The 67 and the 69 were the two best styles ever and they did a good job of bringing that feel back to life."

Excellent drive, incredible value.

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Very fun, very fast, very cheap"

Cons: "Unsupportive front seats, laggy auto."

"If it's power and practicality you want, you simply cannot do better for less money. The power is great, the handling is top-notch. Lots of truck space for cars in it's class. Styling is spot-on both inside and out. Even the interior materials are pretty nice. There are a few downsides: The rear-leg room is a joke, but Mustang owners know this. The front seats are not very snug or comfortable. I've actually owned both automatic and manual versions and the automatic was no fun at all as it took nearly a full second to get power on tap. The manual is perfect. I was actually set on a Camaro before buying this, but the Camaro's visibility (or complete lack thereof) made me think twice. The Mustang's visibility is excellent for a modern car. And it feels much more light and nimble. It's a complete thrill to drive fast and very tame when you want it to be. 305hp @ 31mpg and < 22K = One of the best cars of 2011."

fun,fun,fun

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "great handling, fun to drive"

Cons: "back seat a little tight for adults"

"excellent vehicle. no problems, just returned from a round trip to FL and back. 2400 fun miles. never tired of driving."

2011 Red California Special Convertible

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, beautiful, aggressive, and fast"

Cons: "People keep trying to race me!"

"My husband and I just bought a red 2011 GT California Special convertible and we love it! It is beautiful and powerful and the Ford Sync is awesome (even has a doppler weather map so we know when to put the top up if rain is coming!). I'm in love with this car. I haven't stopped smiling since we picked it up last week! No problems so far, hopefully it stays that way! We traded in a 2002 Ford pickup that never gave us a single problem in 10 years, so hopefully the Mustang holds up the same!"

Fan Tas Tic vehicle!!!

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "BMW performance at an affordable price, insanely fun to drive!"

Cons: "None that I can think of..."

"I love this car - from the engine rumble and growl to the solid manual shift, it is a joy to drive! The interior is also one of the best crafted I have ever had the pleasure to sit in, and the sound system is awesome. Ford did a terrific job of reinCARnating 60's muscle into a thoroughly modern and delightful automobile..."

I love my pony

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Great looking car, good value, fun to drive, very dependable"

Cons: "Sometimes I get a little attitude from other drivers ☺"

Red Hot and ready to roll

"My husband bought me this Fire Red 2006 three years ago and I love it. It runs great although a few times when taking off from a stop it hesitated and gave a jolt but I just call that a pony kick. We bought it used so no telling if it did that from the beginning or not. We had it checked out but found nothing wrong. Anyway, it handles great and has really good power. I have not had any major problems so I have no complaints at all. I love driving it and I get a lot of looks too!"

Red Hot and ready to roll

Good buy

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pros: "Good price, Good mpg for sports car, Minimal maintance work"

Cons: "Limited Seating, Low weight capacity"

"I bought this car about 4 years ago with only 53 miles on it. It has been a very good car. The dealer sticker said it would get about 27 or less mpg, but I am getting around 30-32 mpg with it. The only problem I have had was right after I bought the car I had a bad shock with the dealership replaced and I have not had any other problems at all. The seating and the supension were also other areas in which I believe Ford could have done a little better. The seating is small and can be a bit hard to fit 4 people when you only can have a max of 750 combine lb of additional weight to the car including anything you bring with you on a trip or such. As for the suspinsion it rides a little rougher than I would like. All else the car sounds great, look stylish, and runs like I would a sprts car to run. I have had many complements on this car, so I would recommend this car to some friends if they were looking for a good sports car."

Purchase over a Mercedes couldn't be happier

By on Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pros: "All Pros"

Cons: "No Cons"

"My husband and I purchased our 2011 Mustang GT Convertible and it's been an amazing car. There is nothing about this car that doesn't make me happy. Everything is user friendly, and the power is addicting. The stereo pumps out the sounds, but who wants to listen to music when you can listen to the roar of the 5.0. The manual 6 speed transmission makes you feel like you have complete control of all 412 ponies ready to rock under the hood. This car is the envy of my neighborhood."

A Definite Favorite of the Muscle Car Trio

By on Friday, July 9, 2010

"I own all 3 of the current generation muscle cars, and I must say, the GT500 has GOT TO BE THE MOST ENJOYABLE of the 3. Sure, people rave about the camaro, and granted that the Challenger SRT8 keeps the beautiful retro styling of the 70's, but the mustang is an absolute work of art! the curves, the roar of that 550 HP V8, and the way the gears interchange...absolute win. Pulling from 2nd to 3rd brings me happiness like a teenager getting his license. Ford has impressed yet again. I saw a GT500 race a Porsche 911 GT3 the other day. even though the Porsche had a little bit of an advantage given its status in the Automotive Empire, the mustang pulled off a win at a whopping 135 MPH (tracked it with a speed gun)! Ricers will be begging for mercy when they hear this beast roar."

2010 Mustang

By on Thursday, July 1, 2010

"I love this car! It's sporty, comfortable, rides smooth and is untamed!"

Head turner, sleek and fast

By on Thursday, April 8, 2010

"08 Bullitt made my head snap around when I was looking for a Mustang 2 years ago--I wanted a Blue GT hardtop, but the Bullitt made me do a a double take--I read up on the Bullitt and ended up buying it--LOVE the car, now I want a 2011 Mustang with more HP--not as good looking as the Bullitt but more power"

Great Fun

By on Thursday, October 1, 2009

"This car is a blast to drive, and for the power it can deliver (500HP), it still gets 15 - 16mpg in town and 25mpg on the highway. The power throughtout the gears is excellent and in the first 3 gears is outstanding. If you don't pay attention, you will earn tickets as you can achive 100mph without even trying. It corners much better than some of the magazine tests proclaim, and the ride is a little on the stiff side (but what do you expect from a high performance pony car. Very plain inside, but this isn't something that concerned me. Extremely easy to upgrade to over 600HP if you decide to go that route. You probably won't have a vette killer, but then the vette is in another class altogether. Bottom line is that you will have fun and this car will hold it's value. Paid just under 37k about 6 months ago, now KBB puts it in at just under 41k. On the dirt: the clutch in the older versions has a Service Bulletin on it, it tends to chatter. It is a ceramic clutch and is meant for pretty much just kickin bu!!. Driving it in the city will usually cause trouble. The Service Bulletin will fix this by way of an organic clutch. I still love it!"

transmission failed

By on Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"I have the 05 GT convertible. The top needs a hand to raise and lower. The auto trans failed at 48000 miles and had to be re-built. It has good power, the a/c blows real cold. I like the looks, the power, the top down on nice days. Somewhat disappointed with the top and the trans.,I have heard of others having top issues. I have not heard of any others with trans issues."

excellent

By on Friday, September 4, 2009

"With a set of BBK headers installed and Pipes performance muffler deletes and a K&N filter I get 25 MPG with the air on fully loaded with pssengers and an SCT tune programed in the computer. That is 25 mpg from a vehicle that has approx 359 hp at the flywheel. I love the old cars from the 60's but they just could not get the mileage with the carburators for fuel metering. Inject one of the older cars and I will be scared of you though."

Glad to have it!

By on Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"My husband is a car dealer and has brought home three injured Mustangs - a 71 coupe, a 91 5.0 Convertible (now a show car for me) and an 06 GT premium w/a Shaker 1000 stereo system and the 4.6 v8. We're still trying to get the 06 on its feet and back to like-new condition, it was wrecked in the front, but its driveable now. It's averaging 29 mpg (but I drive 60 mph, not 70 or even 75 just so I DO get better mileage). It will definitely force your entire body back in the seat, not just snap your head back, when you romp on the gas. I don't what that one guy was reading when he posted a review that said it only has 210 hp, but STOCK a GT has 300-315. Replace the underdrive pulleys, add cold air induction and a few other things, and you crank the HP right on up. The FRONT seats are very comfortable, lots of leg room - and I"m 5' 9", my husband is 6'. I can stretch my legs out on the passenger side, point my toes, and THEN feel the end of the floor. Most cars, I have to have the driver's seat alll the way back, but not in this one. I have some room to scoot up and give a bit more leg room to the back seat. The back seats themselves are roomy and swallow up my 7 year old, but the leg room is non-existent. And I mean NON EXISTENT even with the driver's seat moved forward some. Sure, I know its a modern muscle car, not a family sedan, but cripe! my 91 has luxurious leg room compared to my 06! Still, both my kids said they didn't care, just as long as we could keep it! They're a 3rd generation of Mustang fans. The pipes are okay sounding, but I'm putting Flowmasters on it next summer (Its not like I'm going to void the warranty!) and the Shaker system ROCKS - I love a car that goes boom - you won't win any competitions with it, but you can't sit in it and turn the volume up very far... it'll leave you deaf. Trunk rattles way too much, but nothing some Dynamat won't remedy. Anyway, great car, Ford deserves some big props for regaining the vision that is "Mustang"."

Excellent Fun SUMMER Car

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"I love my mustang. However I would sell it before I got rid of my truck. I live in colorado and snow and ice and winter would make this a very difficult primary vehicle. Its fun to drive. Aftermarket parts are inexpensive and plentiful if you're into that kind of thing. Its fast enough to satisfy almost everybody. Handling is agile and responsive. Its not a BMW or Mercedes. Its a muscle car, and when you mash the pedal it rears back and waves an american flag. Safety: What can I say? I hydroplaned at 70 mph on the highway last week. Lost control and spun out. Impacted a cable barrier with the back of the car. I walked away without even a bruise. Cars in the shop now. Why did I spin out? Not the cars fault. I had drag radials on the back. Basically race tires. Purely my fault. Definately worth the money. Bargain price for the performance and quality you get."

good value

By on Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Ill start by saying I love my car but I have had a few problems with it. 1st the tire pressure sensors had to be replaced. 2nd the rear seat level broke.3rd and the biggest is the hood had to be replaced due to the what I was told it had gotten infected with something at the factory. Ford would not replace it and I was told that they would scuff it and paint it. The body shop manager told me it would come back for sure. The only way I got it replaced was due to the dealership gave me the wrong title to a GT so they (unhapply) agreed to replace my hood."