2009 Ford Mustang

Based on 1655 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

The Best Comeback In Years

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Realistically Ford's 99-2004 design left a lot to be desired. Soon after the 99' release, the streets became flooded with the body style that would plague ford for 6 years. The Chevy Corvette's C5 body style was the only other performance car to do this (actually did it longer from 97-2004) but the Corvette fan base is 100% stronger than the Mustang's. In 2005 Ford re-evaluated it's multiple Motor Trend Car of the year winner and did an absolute excellent job of recreating the retro styling from the 1960's. This body style is the most gorgeous of The Mustang's time in my personal opinion. The lines capture hearts everywhere I drive. I've had people pull up at stoplights and honk the horn to have me roll the window down for compliments. (However, this may be because of my chrome 22 inch Dropstar Wheels LOL) The new Mustang however isn't perfect. The suspension is stiff and sporty, but a little too stiff. It's not too bad in the first 30 mins of driving, but if you're on I-85 North from South Ga, get over in the middle lane because the newly constructed interstate will give you a headache in the "rebuilt lane." There is good head and legroom up front, but the low seats, tall dash top, and high windowsills create a cozy feel. Driver comfort is enhanced by the standard tilt steering wheel, height-adjustable seat, and nicely contoured backrest. But sometimes my knees make unwanted contact with the hard door panel and center console. Shoulder belts don't adjust for height, and run at neck level on some of my friends and family. (Mainly my girlfriend) Overall visibility is good, but the long doors complicate tight-quarters entry/exit. Rear seat space is inhospitable for adults; there's little room, and entry/exit requires back-straining moves. The Mustang body has good trunk space for the class, but not much by absolute standards. Trunk lids open wide on non-intruding hinges, but the aperture's size and shape preclude bulky items. The subwoofer consumes an unacceptable amount of trunk space. Cabin storage is sparse; the door map pockets are almost useless. Plus, considering the healthy price tag, (27,000-32,000) I didn't feel as though Ford could justify such a simple design with so much plastic. It's built really cheap. Not to mention the fact that even loaded, the options for the dash aren’t really "options" as far as convenience...go figure. Its just one main panel in the middle of the car...no fancy stuff like dual climate control. Overall, it's a GREAT car if you love performance but just "ok" if you're looking for comfort/luxury. I only buy 5spds, so I suggest you do the same. Make sure it's a 300 HP GT like mine, as well. Happy Buying!"

Love it!!

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

"I fell in love with this car when I saw it and it has never let me down. People just come up and tell me what an awesome looking car it is. It is fun to drive and I have absolutely no trouble getting on the freeway! There are a couple of blind spots, but not a major problem."

Nice Ride

By on Monday, November 05, 2007

"Once a month, I make the payment and frown. Everyday I drive it and smile..."

Outstanding Pony V6

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"We have had this car for 16 months. It has never been back to the dealer for anything. It is a comfortable car to drive and V6 has plenty of power for around the town. Gets around 24 MPG too. Only change that we made was to install a auto-dimming mirror with temp and compass. Highly recommend this car."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"This is a fun and stylish car. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fast and fun ride."