2008 Ford Mustang

Based on 1648 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Best performance car at this price point

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Always fun to drive, reliable and efficient"

Cons: "A few dollars more would make it awesome"

"Strong performance combined with very good economy and a very thrift entry price. I have had zero mechanical or functional problems with this car. Overall gas mileage average for my car is 25.9mpg in mixed driving, mostly suburban city cycle. high points: HID headlights, steering feel and response / handling, very strong V6 engine, fuel economy, Seating position, very tight turning radius of size of car...Low points: shock tuning could be firmer without degrading ride, OEM tires perform poorly in snow and ice, better options exist for a performance all season solution Overall I am extremely satisfied with this car. The value to the price point is very good, and the S197 Mustang series 2005-2014 has proven to be a very mature and reliable product. The 3.7L V6 is a huge upgrade in power, economy and smoothness from the older 4.0L V6, and is a good substitute for the larger V8 for buyers on a budget. The V6 car is fast enough many drivers will never use the full power envelope of the engine. A very smooth and willing engine that never disappoints."

Awesome looks and power!

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Looks, power train, Fun!!!"

Cons: "6MT a little sloppy at times"

"2014 Mustang GT Convertible w/6MT and 3:31's. Race Red with tan interior and top. Added the FRPP (GT500 axlebacks, KN HP air filter, and tune - additional 16HP and 7lbft). Looks, sounds, and runs great! Iconic style, lots of looks from old to young. Amazing what Ford can do with a V8 that is 20% smaller than Chevy!"

Great car!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

"Not jaded, just very happy with it. This is the best car that I have ever owned. This car reminds me of the first Ford Probe that I leased. It was a 1990 with a Vulcan V-6 that could tear up corners. This 2006 Mustang was rebuilt from the ground up and can tear up corners without fish tailing as its predecessors did. I have driven those previous models and had a 2004 that spun out a few times. This car is worth buying if the previous owner kept it up and had not gotten into an accident. Have the car inspected by a trusted mechanic if you buy a used one. I learned that lesson the hard way with a used Ford Probe GT. This car will not disappoint and those with other types of muscle and exotic cars will want to drag race you at the light. I wouldn't recommend it, but this car is a lot of fun!"

I own three Mustangs....two classics and this one.

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "inexpensive luxury sportcar"

Cons: "can't think of any off hand"

She is all mine.........and NOBODY elses!!

"I am so incredibly impressed with the 4.0 ltr. I cannot even say. I swore I would never EVER own a 6 cyclinder. After all what is the point, right? WRONG. This little pony is plenty fast and has A LOT of get up and go. Great gas mileage and she looks just as good going as she does coming. She has everything my other two classics do not have. Speed and Class. I love this car and if you can get a deal on a Mustang ANY year, you are a fool to pass it up."

She is all mine.........and NOBODY elses!!

Excellent performance and economy

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Performs excellently, great price, great mpgs"

Cons: "Needs a couple upgrades for top performance"

"This vehicle was the best possible value for what I needed; a performance car to throw around turns and suck me into the back of my seat, and something that I could not pour a bunch of money into the fuel tank with (if I can bring myself to drive normally...). Overall, paid about $25k for base model with performance package. 0-60 could best my classic camaro with a 350, suspension was tight enough to slalom the lines on the road with minimal roll, yet 30-32 highway mpg and 22-26 city (again, you have to shift at the recommended points in the manual to obtain the city mileage). The stock shifter was crummy (try to shift fast and you can miss the gate to 3rd and 5th) and had a long throw, so a replacement short throw took care of that. Also, it seems the suspension is a little too tight for the sway bar links; I messed up both front and back, and I didn't even abuse the thing. Not having independent rear suspension is noticeable too. Those features aside, this is the best car I've ever driven. I'm at the end of my factory warranty, and it still thrills me to get in it every morning. I got mine in performance white, so with the black 19" wheels and black side stripes, it still turns heads. Options to consider: -The stock stereo is what it is; bluetooth would be nice, but it wasn't worth the upgrade to the shaker system to me at the time. This option I constantly second guess. -Stone colored cloth seats are incredibly comfortable, but stain easy. Still glad I got them over the recaros, and it gives a sort of two-tone look to the interior. -Performance upgrades like forced air intake, exhaust, and a tune would make this quite the track car; 5.0 performance without the weight. -Bigger brakes would be excellent; the performance package upgrade was nearly unnoticeable. -It would look a whole lot meaner with a billet grille and some rear window louvers. Definitely consider this car if you're looking for muscle and daily driveability... so long as you don't mind having a tight suspension. Buying this car was the best decision I've ever made."

I love this car. It is a GT/CS

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "fast, great gas millage handles well."

Cons: "needs a trunk relaese somewere besides remote"

"I have owned this car for 3 years. It had 32000 mile on it.I It is the most reliable car I have ever owned. It handles well very good ride and fast.Every were I go people turn and look. She still is a sweet ride."

I have owned alot of hotrods and this is the best

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Gets alot of attention and 20 mpg. Killer stereo"

Cons: "Not alot of rear passenger leg room"

"This car does everything a car should do and does it well. Unless you need alot of space for kids and things i would not drive anything else."

Exciting to drive and effective daily transport

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable for travel"

Cons: "2 passengers only (+ 2 kids)"

"This is a 2 door sports car that carries two adults in comfort. My 4 year old grand daughter is quite comfortable in the back seat. Anyone over the 5 feet tall would be a bit cramped. The exterior is sharp -- I get a lot of comments. The interior is luxurious. Most critical is that the car is a blast to drive."

Amazing performance and quality for the money!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Value, Power, Fun to Drive, Handling"

Cons: "Poor Cupholder Location"

"I bought my Mustang last year and I have enjoyed every minute of driving it. There is no better performance value for the money as far as I am concerned. 412 HP and a better power to weight ratio than anything offered by Chevy or Dodge...and all for a little over $29,000? Cannot be outdone. My kudos to Ford for making an outstanding car, throughout the Mustang range...unmatched. Well done! I absolutely recommend this car to anyone looking for performance, quality, value, and heritage wrapped into one great package! I have been converted...didnt used to like Mustangs...now, cant be pulled away!"

Wow

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Been a die hard GM man my entire life. Have owned 13 Camaros/firebirds and about 8 GM trucks. One test drive was all it took in this car, and I am floored. Bought the car one year and 22,000 miles ago, and to date it still is the favorite car I have ever had. Makes every trip to and from work a pleasure. If your looking for a car in this segment, take the time to check one of the new mustang's out!"

1st car

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

"drives nice and good hp for v6. small backseat though, which is expected for a mustang, but the car is comfortable enough for long trips in the front seats. i would reccomend this car to anybody looking at the newer mustangs."

Great!!!!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"I bought this car in 2005. I had it now for about 3 and I do not regreted. It's been a great car and had never had any problems. The feeling, the power, the looks, everything is great on this car. Reccomended 100%."

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"Ford nailed it with this car. I've had it for over 2yrs and still love it! Quality is up to par with cars costing far more and the fun and satisfaction level is off the scale. My car has had no defects or problems so far, and I can say the paint work is far better than that of my '03 Honda Accord. There is NO substitution for V8 rear wheel drive muscle. Every time I drive or look at this car it makes me smile."

Stylish, Tough, Fun Car!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"I've had my V8 GT since Feb 2005 and have had no major problems with it. I upgraded to leather which is easy to clean (especially with young kids). It has been a great, fun car. I wish people would stop comparing it to the European sports cars, it's not the same in any way and doesn't claim to be. If I had the money for a Mercedes etc, maybe I'd buy one. I LOVE my American Muscle car and do not wish for something else. My kids fit fine, we do not need a car to lounge in, and my kids like it for what it is. I love the acceleration, the sound, the agility and quick breaking. This has been the most fun car I've ever owned and I plan to keep it forever!"

The SHELBY GT version

By on Sunday, January 06, 2008

"I recently took delivery of a Shelby GT Mustang Fastback, which is a premium GT converted by Shelby Automotive in Las Vegas. It is Vista Blue with light grey Lemans racing stripe, Ford Racing Suspension, Ford Racing Performance, all the Shelby mods, and 18: chrome ploished wheels. This is my 4th Stang (67 289 coupe, 85 GT, 89 GT and now this bad boy. With 325 HP and a 5 speed, it is awesome. The car is lowered 1.5 inches with the conversion. Ford racing performance installs an X pipe on the exhaust and FPR mufflers, so it sounds like John Force's Funny Car when launched. The FPR racing tune and Huge air intake create the xtra 25 HP. I may have a blower (supercharger)installed this spring, which will increase H.P. to 475!! Quality control is very good. Body construction is flawlwss. Paint and finish is excellent. Door and deck lid alignments are right on. Glass installation is perfect. Ford has always been recognized for excellent leather used for seating surfaces. This is no exception. Although some of the technology used for temperature control, sound system control, etc.. is somewhat obsolete, hey, it's a retro car! I feel somewhat guilty driving this machine around town, as it makes people heads snap and I am afraid they may break their necks. Oh well, better to be behind the wheel thay to be an observer. As Carroll Shelby once said, "nobody should have to live an ordinary life". You definately won't... driving this horse around town."

The Best Comeback In Years

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2008

"Realistically Ford's 99-2004 design left a lot to be desired. Soon after the 99' release, the streets became flooded with the body style that would plague ford for 6 years. The Chevy Corvette's C5 body style was the only other performance car to do this (actually did it longer from 97-2004) but the Corvette fan base is 100% stronger than the Mustang's. In 2005 Ford re-evaluated it's multiple Motor Trend Car of the year winner and did an absolute excellent job of recreating the retro styling from the 1960's. This body style is the most gorgeous of The Mustang's time in my personal opinion. The lines capture hearts everywhere I drive. I've had people pull up at stoplights and honk the horn to have me roll the window down for compliments. (However, this may be because of my chrome 22 inch Dropstar Wheels LOL) The new Mustang however isn't perfect. The suspension is stiff and sporty, but a little too stiff. It's not too bad in the first 30 mins of driving, but if you're on I-85 North from South Ga, get over in the middle lane because the newly constructed interstate will give you a headache in the "rebuilt lane." There is good head and legroom up front, but the low seats, tall dash top, and high windowsills create a cozy feel. Driver comfort is enhanced by the standard tilt steering wheel, height-adjustable seat, and nicely contoured backrest. But sometimes my knees make unwanted contact with the hard door panel and center console. Shoulder belts don't adjust for height, and run at neck level on some of my friends and family. (Mainly my girlfriend) Overall visibility is good, but the long doors complicate tight-quarters entry/exit. Rear seat space is inhospitable for adults; there's little room, and entry/exit requires back-straining moves. The Mustang body has good trunk space for the class, but not much by absolute standards. Trunk lids open wide on non-intruding hinges, but the aperture's size and shape preclude bulky items. The subwoofer consumes an unacceptable amount of trunk space. Cabin storage is sparse; the door map pockets are almost useless. Plus, considering the healthy price tag, (27,000-32,000) I didn't feel as though Ford could justify such a simple design with so much plastic. It's built really cheap. Not to mention the fact that even loaded, the options for the dash aren’t really "options" as far as convenience...go figure. Its just one main panel in the middle of the car...no fancy stuff like dual climate control. Overall, it's a GREAT car if you love performance but just "ok" if you're looking for comfort/luxury. I only buy 5spds, so I suggest you do the same. Make sure it's a 300 HP GT like mine, as well. Happy Buying!"

Love it!!

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

"I fell in love with this car when I saw it and it has never let me down. People just come up and tell me what an awesome looking car it is. It is fun to drive and I have absolutely no trouble getting on the freeway! There are a couple of blind spots, but not a major problem."

Nice Ride

By on Monday, November 05, 2007

"Once a month, I make the payment and frown. Everyday I drive it and smile..."

Outstanding Pony V6

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"We have had this car for 16 months. It has never been back to the dealer for anything. It is a comfortable car to drive and V6 has plenty of power for around the town. Gets around 24 MPG too. Only change that we made was to install a auto-dimming mirror with temp and compass. Highly recommend this car."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"This is a fun and stylish car. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fast and fun ride."

FUN!!!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"The best bang for the buck, the most fun, & the most thumbs up from others of any car I've ever owned."

Great car

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"A modern car that has not lost its soul, A great improvement from the previous model."

1 Sweet Ride!!!

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"This is my 3rd mustang and by far the best. The ride is smooth and this car is quieter than any fastback I have ever driven. The throttle is a little touchy and the horsepower seems a little over rated but is still more torqey than before. I would recommend this car to anyone. It's the best in it's price range and the convertible is the only way to go."

My dream car

By on Friday, May 15, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"The only problem I have had with this car came in the first week. Because of some wiring problem it left me stranded 75 miles from home. It was a nightmare to begin with but all was made right and I have love the car ever since then."

Great car. Fun to drive Roush converted Stage one.

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

Pros: "Great price at 29,500 compared to todays prices."

Cons: "There are no Roush 2015 Mustangs."

2014 Roush Mustang Conversion

"Great car to drive and lots of fun. All black convertible with Roush Nascar conversion to stage one. Hugs the corners better than most cars. Great on gas. I get 25 mpg on a trip."

2014 Roush Mustang Conversion