2005 Ford Mustang

Based on 1682 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Best performance car at this price point

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Always fun to drive, reliable and efficient"

Cons: "A few dollars more would make it awesome"

"Strong performance combined with very good economy and a very thrift entry price. I have had zero mechanical or functional problems with this car. Overall gas mileage average for my car is 25.9mpg in mixed driving, mostly suburban city cycle. high points: HID headlights, steering feel and response / handling, very strong V6 engine, fuel economy, Seating position, very tight turning radius of size of car...Low points: shock tuning could be firmer without degrading ride, OEM tires perform poorly in snow and ice, better options exist for a performance all season solution Overall I am extremely satisfied with this car. The value to the price point is very good, and the S197 Mustang series 2005-2014 has proven to be a very mature and reliable product. The 3.7L V6 is a huge upgrade in power, economy and smoothness from the older 4.0L V6, and is a good substitute for the larger V8 for buyers on a budget. The V6 car is fast enough many drivers will never use the full power envelope of the engine. A very smooth and willing engine that never disappoints."

Excellent performance and economy

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Performs excellently, great price, great mpgs"

Cons: "Needs a couple upgrades for top performance"

"This vehicle was the best possible value for what I needed; a performance car to throw around turns and suck me into the back of my seat, and something that I could not pour a bunch of money into the fuel tank with (if I can bring myself to drive normally...). Overall, paid about $25k for base model with performance package. 0-60 could best my classic camaro with a 350, suspension was tight enough to slalom the lines on the road with minimal roll, yet 30-32 highway mpg and 22-26 city (again, you have to shift at the recommended points in the manual to obtain the city mileage). The stock shifter was crummy (try to shift fast and you can miss the gate to 3rd and 5th) and had a long throw, so a replacement short throw took care of that. Also, it seems the suspension is a little too tight for the sway bar links; I messed up both front and back, and I didn't even abuse the thing. Not having independent rear suspension is noticeable too. Those features aside, this is the best car I've ever driven. I'm at the end of my factory warranty, and it still thrills me to get in it every morning. I got mine in performance white, so with the black 19" wheels and black side stripes, it still turns heads. Options to consider: -The stock stereo is what it is; bluetooth would be nice, but it wasn't worth the upgrade to the shaker system to me at the time. This option I constantly second guess. -Stone colored cloth seats are incredibly comfortable, but stain easy. Still glad I got them over the recaros, and it gives a sort of two-tone look to the interior. -Performance upgrades like forced air intake, exhaust, and a tune would make this quite the track car; 5.0 performance without the weight. -Bigger brakes would be excellent; the performance package upgrade was nearly unnoticeable. -It would look a whole lot meaner with a billet grille and some rear window louvers. Definitely consider this car if you're looking for muscle and daily driveability... so long as you don't mind having a tight suspension. Buying this car was the best decision I've ever made."

Nice Ride

By on Monday, November 05, 2007

"Once a month, I make the payment and frown. Everyday I drive it and smile..."

Amazing performance and quality for the money!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Value, Power, Fun to Drive, Handling"

Cons: "Poor Cupholder Location"

"I bought my Mustang last year and I have enjoyed every minute of driving it. There is no better performance value for the money as far as I am concerned. 412 HP and a better power to weight ratio than anything offered by Chevy or Dodge...and all for a little over $29,000? Cannot be outdone. My kudos to Ford for making an outstanding car, throughout the Mustang range...unmatched. Well done! I absolutely recommend this car to anyone looking for performance, quality, value, and heritage wrapped into one great package! I have been converted...didnt used to like Mustangs...now, cant be pulled away!"

Big improvement

By on Friday, December 18, 2015

Pros: "Big improvement over the 4.0 V6 / 4 speed auto"

Cons: "Still hoping for the 1969 style dash!"

Sun is up, top is down!

"The 2013 premium convertible was a big improvement over the 2007 convertible. Less cowl shake on the highway, better ride, and the new 3.7 V6 / 6 speed auto gets the window sticker fuel mileage if you are nice to it. The convertible top is stable in Kansas winds when up, reasonably quiet, and does OK in the car wash. The real treat is when the top is down, very stable airflow around the windshield with very little of the annoying side-to-side buffeting below 70 MPH. Only real wish is the interior design, sure wish the 2010 / 2013 re-style had changed the interior from the 1967 style dash to the 1969 style dash!"

Sun is up, top is down!

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"Ford nailed it with this car. I've had it for over 2yrs and still love it! Quality is up to par with cars costing far more and the fun and satisfaction level is off the scale. My car has had no defects or problems so far, and I can say the paint work is far better than that of my '03 Honda Accord. There is NO substitution for V8 rear wheel drive muscle. Every time I drive or look at this car it makes me smile."

1st car

By on Friday, May 02, 2008

"drives nice and good hp for v6. small backseat though, which is expected for a mustang, but the car is comfortable enough for long trips in the front seats. i would reccomend this car to anybody looking at the newer mustangs."

Great!!!!

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"I bought this car in 2005. I had it now for about 3 and I do not regreted. It's been a great car and had never had any problems. The feeling, the power, the looks, everything is great on this car. Reccomended 100%."

Stylish, Tough, Fun Car!

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"I've had my V8 GT since Feb 2005 and have had no major problems with it. I upgraded to leather which is easy to clean (especially with young kids). It has been a great, fun car. I wish people would stop comparing it to the European sports cars, it's not the same in any way and doesn't claim to be. If I had the money for a Mercedes etc, maybe I'd buy one. I LOVE my American Muscle car and do not wish for something else. My kids fit fine, we do not need a car to lounge in, and my kids like it for what it is. I love the acceleration, the sound, the agility and quick breaking. This has been the most fun car I've ever owned and I plan to keep it forever!"

Love it!!

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

"I fell in love with this car when I saw it and it has never let me down. People just come up and tell me what an awesome looking car it is. It is fun to drive and I have absolutely no trouble getting on the freeway! There are a couple of blind spots, but not a major problem."

Outstanding Pony V6

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"We have had this car for 16 months. It has never been back to the dealer for anything. It is a comfortable car to drive and V6 has plenty of power for around the town. Gets around 24 MPG too. Only change that we made was to install a auto-dimming mirror with temp and compass. Highly recommend this car."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"This is a fun and stylish car. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fast and fun ride."

FUN!!!

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"The best bang for the buck, the most fun, & the most thumbs up from others of any car I've ever owned."

Great car

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"A modern car that has not lost its soul, A great improvement from the previous model."

1 Sweet Ride!!!

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"This is my 3rd mustang and by far the best. The ride is smooth and this car is quieter than any fastback I have ever driven. The throttle is a little touchy and the horsepower seems a little over rated but is still more torqey than before. I would recommend this car to anyone. It's the best in it's price range and the convertible is the only way to go."

Fun Car

By on Thursday, January 21, 2016

Pros: "Beautiful looking car"

Cons: "Not enough room in back seats"

"I enjoy driving my Mustang. So far she has been faithful and true. The only thing I don't like sometimes is when you punch it, she kinda chugs and chokes. Doesn't pick up as quick as I though she should."

Great car. Fun to drive Roush converted Stage one.

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

Pros: "Great price at 29,500 compared to todays prices."

Cons: "There are no Roush 2015 Mustangs."

2014 Roush Mustang Conversion

"Great car to drive and lots of fun. All black convertible with Roush Nascar conversion to stage one. Hugs the corners better than most cars. Great on gas. I get 25 mpg on a trip."

2014 Roush Mustang Conversion

im the owner of this mustang must see some custom

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

I want this car

"custom dual exhaust cobra car ground kit pioneer radio black new paint job last year awesome mustang"

Very fun to drive with great power and the top dow

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "convertable very easy to operate, great power"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Love everything about this car. Several dash panel options which is really neat. Great sound and pick up."

Great value on engine alone

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Fast, great handling, reliable, good value"

Cons: "Rear seat for 5'6" and under only"

"I recently purchased the base model coupe with 21000 miles on it. It's the first Mustang I ever even considered purchasing due to the 3.7 liter V6 Ford with the 6 speed automatic transmission Ford dropped into it in 2011. With only 10 fewer horsepower than the previous years GT, it's an engineering marvel. It's really quick off the line and it keeps accelerating with absolutely no drop off until it's electronically limited 113 MPH. This Mustang isn't just fast though, the handling is superb and it feels very planted to the road. It lacks some of the features you would expect of a car that sold for $23,000 when it was new. However, the seats are more comfortable than some plush sedans I've driven, and the interior feels very well put together. Driving at sea level, I get better than 30 MPG on the highway, and with a light foot I get better than 20 in the city. I love this car, and I don't care if there are a million of them on the road because this car just feels special and is an unmatched value. If you have a chance to snatch a gently used 2011 or newer up then do it."

Love the options on steering and handling.

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Love it"

Cons: "No issues"

"Black with ghost writing on side . Interior can set ambient color to your choice if color. Handles very well and drives nice. It's my understanding they did not make many of this particular model California special."

A beaut. of a car, sexy and the last of its kind

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "POWER,SEXY CURB APPEAL,AND VINTAGE LOOKS, REAL FUN"

Cons: "VERY HUNGRY EATS GAS REAL WELL"

"THIS CAR IS THE LAST REAL CLASSIC MUSTANG IN MY OPINION.THE 45TH ANN. EDITION,LOOKS LIKE IT IS RARIN TO GO! POWER TO SPARE, AND THE PURR OF A FINELY TUNED MONSTER. LEATHER INTERIOR AND GLASS-ROOF GIVES IT SOME CLASS, ALL ORIGINAL BUT A NAVIGATION AND PREMIUM AUDIO AND PHONE SYSTEM ADD A PERSONAL AND COVIENANT TOUCH.I WOULD SAY IT IS A MUSCLE CAR AND BUILT ON THAT PLATFORM IS NOT A REFINED HANDLE BUT IT IS BUILT FOR SPEED.A FRIENDS OPINION ON FIRST DRIVING THIS CAR WAS JUST "OH MY GOD"!REAL FUN IN A NEAT PACKAGE."

2014 Mustang GT

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Fast, practical, commfortable, and dead sexy!"

Cons: "MPG"

"I recently purchased a new 2014 GT base. This car is so easy to drive, very comfortable to drive for long distance. The seats are comfy and wide "fits my love handles perfectly". Trunk has generous room with split folding rear seats "a very practical car". Beutiful lines and curves, ive never had so much attention in a car. Be prepared, people will come up and compliment you alot with this Mustang. My favorite feater of this Mustang is the sequential turn signals in the rear! If i had one complaint it would be the MPG, this Mustang GT loves gas like a drunk sailor! I do have a lead foot though, and i guess i cant complain becouse it is a Muscle car but 12.5 MPG is a little pricey!"

I love it. Built like a german built car! US made!

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Head turner. Beautiful car int. & ex"

Cons: "Some suspension noise from worn bushings"

"Will keep this car till the day I die. I love everything about it. Its has the 4.6 liter engine reliability and the newer body styling for 2010. Premium package is the way to go with interior style. Ford did a wonderful job."

Best mustang yet and I've owned a '66, '79, '82

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

"Pros: Great handling- (except wet roads), Very nice acceleration,very "torquey engine" very reasonable Fuel Economy Low 20's around town and 25 Hwy @ 75mph or close to 30 mpg @ 55mph and soft on the pedal. Nice exhaust tune, beautiful styling, comfortable front seats, huge trunk capacity with rear seats folded. Shaker stereo/disc very good. Very basic, simple, no frills right price pony muscle. I'm fine with 315HP vs the new Shelby at 660HP ($60K). I ony paid $24K new in 2006. Cons: Jumps with bumpy roads. Noisey on the highway. Backseats are for small passengers. Wish Ford had produced with a 6 speed manual for better economy at highway speeds and it would also be nice if Mustang had a sunroof option. Dangerous on snow."