2004 Ford Mustang

Based on 1935 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

Solid Car

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, priced right"

Cons: "Small back seat, not so good in weather"

"Bought this car with 20K on it as my first car. The V6 does not have a lot of power, but very reliable. No major issues but ball joints at 120K. Only real issues are the very small back seat, and the fact that it wont go anywhere in snow, thanks to the traction control."

Extremely Reliable

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"I bought this car with 83,000 miles and have driven it to 103,000 miles. I have NEVER had a check engine light come on. The vehicle has ran flawlessly since I have had it. The transmission has never done anything funny. The engine runs like it is new. And for a V6 it is pretty impressive. It ran consistent low 16's at the local track. My only complaint is the factory V6 wheels Ford tacked onto the 1999 and 2000 model. Very distasteful. Ford needs to do better on the wheels."

Bought used 16 years ago

By on Friday, June 17, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive on dry and sunny days."

Cons: "Not a good car in the snow."

"I bought my GT Convertible used 16 years ago with 34K miles on it. My dad shamed me into trading my 96 Nissan 300ZX since he worked at the factory. Right away I upgraded the exhaust, intake and had it dyno tuned. The car still runs great after owning it 10 years and driving it hard. 2015 I upgraded the wheels and tires and drove across country. Even after the hipo upgrades, it still gets the factory gas mileage. Out of the 10 years that I've owned it, I have only had to repairs. Fuel pump went out winter of 2016, and I had to replace the throttle positioning sensor 09 (did it myself while smoking a cigarette. TPS was installed before I was done with the cigarette). I have complete suspension for it, and waiting to install. I plan on keeping the car. It's fun to drive, and I'm sure it's going to gain in value once it passes the classic mark."

Fantastic Car

By on Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pros: "Super reliable"

Cons: "Not a lot of versatility or rear leg room"

"This has been a spectacularly fun and reliable car to own. It goes through brakes and the exhaust rusted, but now I have replacement parts under warranty, it's not a big deal. I drove it through 5 Maine winters already and it wasn't a problem once I got out of the driveway. I didn't even have snow tires on it last winter."

Mustang love

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pros: "stylish & sporty"

Cons: "bad cup holder that folds out of center counsol"

"I have owned my 1997 Mustang for 6 years having taken it over from my husband. I LOVE this car. It runs incredibly well, very rarely has mechanical issues, and is so much fun to drive. I will own this car as long as possible even when it's no longer my daily work driver."

Best car I have owned with very little maintenance

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Nice to handle & good ride."

Cons: "Trunk space a bit small at times."

"In almost 14 yrs. of owning this car, the ONLY two things I have done to it is install a new battery and have 4 new tires put on at 44,500 miles. I take good care of it, garaged kept since brand new & service it every 3 to 4 thousand miles, depending if I do any long distance driving. Love it and intend to keep it for as long as I can. Will at one point pass it on to a family member."

fast and fun

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing really"

"i love this car has never been to the shop exsept for oil and tires it the best car ever i love all mustangs"

This is my Baby! My name really is Sally!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "I play Wilson Pickett's "Mustang Sally"....WOW!"

Cons: "Not a GT."

"I have had to car for six years. It was mostly in FL before that. It is in beautiful condition (almost excellent). Everything works. Top in excellent condition. Has been garaged in the winter. Would like to sell to "older" person who will baby her like I have."

1998 Mustang

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Looks, economy, fun to drive, reasonable price."

Cons: "Seats, paint quality, small trunk."

"Very good to excellent overall. Seats lack the best comfort and adjustability for longer trips. Good gas mileage-23-24 highway. Excellent brakes and handling; although needs a caster/camber kit to allow optimum front alignment specs as the stock camber is not factory adjustable. Smooth powerful engine, good transmission. Also needs adjustable clutch cable to prevent premature throwout bearing wear from constant contact with clutch fork/fingers as the stock system doesn't do too well. Still turns heads even as a 15-year old car. Hydroboost system is also not the best and can leak or fail expensively! However, still a great value compared to most other cars on the road-especially when properly maintained."

Amazing car

By on Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pros: "good price, fun tro drive, incredibly dependable"

"I have owned this vehicle since March 2002. I drive it about 100 miles a day here in AK, it does great not only in summer but in winter too. About once a winter it gets stuck in deep snow, but that is to be expected occasionally with a rear wheel drive car right? Mine is a base model, pretty much the standard equipment. The car is amazing, it has only been in the shop for routine maintanance and to have a new clutch. Other than oil changes, brakes, and tire change overs the only other thing that has been changed is an exhaust manifold that cracked. At 312,000 miles in arctic conditions this car has been ultra dependable and still gets better than 20 mpg on hiway. Thinking I'm going to get at least another year out of her."

this is a cheap, practical, and fun sporty car

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pros: "value, speed, looks, and heritage"

Cons: "more practicale things out there, enemy camaro"

"This car is easy to work on, lots of available parts, and aftermarket accesories. it can fit 2 large and 2 small adults, it also has a suprisingly comodius trunk. It is fun to drive, own and look at."

Best SVT Cobra Made

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Great car, love the 99-04 body style. Wicked fast and handles great. Bits down in the corners/curves with the only factory Cobra IRS. Great car."

LOVE HATE MY CAR!

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

"Ok so I have a love hate relationship with my mustang and everyday she shows me more of what she can do. However there are few things I can't stand! Her slide action this car will slide on any type of water oil ice or snow IT WILL SLIDE! the inside of this car was constructed poorly im short and i have to sit all the way up to tur music up or down and the seats are not comfortable the cd player spits the cds out right above the gear shift! But ow how I love her shes a pretty green and has a standard v6 but she feel powerfull i love the rumble when you start her up and the the power when you shift into drive! she hugs coners like a dream and this car is reliable havent had any problem yet but a water pump 113,000 miles love her hate ford for not showing her more love on the interior side... Deff a summer car put her up for the snow shes just to pretty to mess up!"

its a good car

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage and fun to drive"

Cons: "compact for tall people"

"ive owned my car for bout 7 yrs now and ive been happy with this car. i still get roughly 28-30 mpg on the highway. like any used car you get there is going to be things you replace and fix, if your looking for a car that doen't need anything then buy brand new. remember its a sports car not a family car its going to be compact. weather wise as long as you drive safe then you have no problems. ive driven through snow, ice storms, heatwaves and this car has handled it all. i would suggest this car for single person or for a couple. its a fun car to drive and have fun in."

Fun car!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "power is an addiction and cost money"

"2004 terminator s/c Cobra Bought it new, great car lots of potential for power with bolt on's. The whine from the s/c is awesome, frightening children and adults."

My dream car

By on Friday, February 13, 2009

"This is the best! You get looks when you drive down the street in this baby!"

Better than you think

By on Thursday, December 6, 2007

"I was 18 when I purchased this car. Bought it with only 44K miles. Been down the drag strip over 75+ times, plus 10 or so from the previous owner. Being that it is a Ford I was VERY surprised with the reliability. The car currently has 102K miles and running strong. I only had to replace a few things. The belt tensioner bearing went up and I was getting rear end whine. But as you can imagine from launching on drag radials, burnouts, etc. that is going to cause good amount of wear on the drivetrain. The stock T45 is holding up pretty well, but I do get slight grinding from time to time. The modular V8's Ford puts out are pretty stout. No comparison to the 3.8 OHV V6 junk they have from 99-04. The 4.6 is down on cubic inches compared to the larger LSx GM series.Despite all of this the motor puts out decent power. It has its minor qwirk's, squeaks and squeals, like any 100K+ mile car. Interior is plasticy but what do you expect from a $22,000 dollar sticker price car, back in 99! This IS the poor man's sports car! I wish I could get a new 3V GT but house and family come first. Highly recommend!"

What i expected....

By on Monday, September 3, 2007

"Ford Mustang is exactly what i expected. I bought the car with the intention of fixing it up. It serves it's purpose. It goes fast. Doesn't get good gas mileage and is not very practicle. It hasn't been the most reliable car either. The intake manifold cracked and sometimes in the morning when it's cold the car idles rough. I replaced the intake manifold and the check coolant light still comes on. My car will be payed off soon. I might trade it in on a 350z."

The reliable muscle car!!!

By on Thursday, September 15, 2016

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, great looks"

Cons: "Low power for V8, cup holder behind shifter"

At the car show!

"Hello Everyone & KBB, I owned this vehicle for quite some time, actually since I was 17 years old when I had the ability to get my license. This car has been a blast to own and very reliable. Since owning this car for more than a decade I really haven't had to put much maintenance into it. Here me out... Usually for sports car they require extensive up keep but this particular class of car didn't which is very surprising. I had to replace items that were simply at end of its age. This is testament to Ford engineering because the parts I replaced were just worn, they didn't break/fail. The only real issue I had with the car was the plastic intake manifold crossover tube that is fused to plastic intake. This manifold cracked from heat over the years behind the alternator casing. Also, I replaced old ball joints that lost its lubrication during my high school years. The rest is just regular maintenance. My last recent major repair was old OE steel brake lines that rotted in the rear from living in the North East. The rest is history! Now that I am well into my late 20's I am more into resto-modding the car. I probably have one of the cleanest examples out there today because I stored the car in the garage during bad weather and really haven't put serious miles on it since I graduated H.S. The car has aged very well and most of the materials are in good shape. Aside from the powertrain(engine, transmission and rearend) being rock solid and not abused, I took care of the exterior body very well and the interior. Would I buy this car again? Probably in heartbeat because they are fun to drive and modify if you know what you were doing. P.S. I put more money into my Audi then I did to this Mustang GT! Low maintenance muscle/pony car for the win y'all! ;D."

At the car show!

Just bought, already enjoying.

By on Friday, August 5, 2016

Pros: "Great, Fun to drive, sounds powerful."

Cons: "Goodluck giving more than two people a ride."

"So I just got the car and when I first saw it I fell in love with it. It has been a blast to drive so far. It is a smooth ride and very reliable in the turns. Would recommend to anyone it would be a great first car."

Original owner, have had zero problems.

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, execellent value for money"

Cons: "wide turning radius"

"Excellent value used car for daily transit for seven years. Have made multiple road trips.Very comfortable and responsive driving. Only quirk is the design of vehicle make for a wide turning radius, not really a problem just a mention."

1995 2 door ford Mustang

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "2700"

Cons: "2400"

"Red ford Mustang 1995 runs good"

Great car

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "to small, cops love to pull this car over"

"This car is great... runs really well. I have about 130,000 roughly! its been on road trips and this car has done great, the only thing mpg is kinda rough, don't get the greatest gas millage. not as comfy neither but it's a sports car what do u except! Also, had to change spark plugs twice, but other than that, i've had no real issues!"

This Mustang is a showroom car

By on Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pros: "Joy to drive"

Cons: "No GPS"

"One owner retired. Never seen snow or salt. 5 on the floor, fast car with 5.0 liter engine. Original top. Second set of tires.Very clean.Low milage"

fun, sporty, dependable car

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

Pros: "very low mileage in excellent condition"

"convertible..silver with black top.. in great shape..always garaged..MUSTANG decals on side panels..very low mileage..retired schoolteacher owns who drove only locally...one small crease in driver side rear fender.."