2004 Ford Mustang

Based on 1931 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

Solid Car

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, priced right"

Cons: "Small back seat, not so good in weather"

"Bought this car with 20K on it as my first car. The V6 does not have a lot of power, but very reliable. No major issues but ball joints at 120K. Only real issues are the very small back seat, and the fact that it wont go anywhere in snow, thanks to the traction control."

Extremely Reliable

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"I bought this car with 83,000 miles and have driven it to 103,000 miles. I have NEVER had a check engine light come on. The vehicle has ran flawlessly since I have had it. The transmission has never done anything funny. The engine runs like it is new. And for a V6 it is pretty impressive. It ran consistent low 16's at the local track. My only complaint is the factory V6 wheels Ford tacked onto the 1999 and 2000 model. Very distasteful. Ford needs to do better on the wheels."

Fantastic Car

By on Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pros: "Super reliable"

Cons: "Not a lot of versatility or rear leg room"

"This has been a spectacularly fun and reliable car to own. It goes through brakes and the exhaust rusted, but now I have replacement parts under warranty, it's not a big deal. I drove it through 5 Maine winters already and it wasn't a problem once I got out of the driveway. I didn't even have snow tires on it last winter."

Bought used 16 years ago

By on Friday, June 17, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive on dry and sunny days."

Cons: "Not a good car in the snow."

"I bought my GT Convertible used 16 years ago with 34K miles on it. My dad shamed me into trading my 96 Nissan 300ZX since he worked at the factory. Right away I upgraded the exhaust, intake and had it dyno tuned. The car still runs great after owning it 10 years and driving it hard. 2015 I upgraded the wheels and tires and drove across country. Even after the hipo upgrades, it still gets the factory gas mileage. Out of the 10 years that I've owned it, I have only had to repairs. Fuel pump went out winter of 2016, and I had to replace the throttle positioning sensor 09 (did it myself while smoking a cigarette. TPS was installed before I was done with the cigarette). I have complete suspension for it, and waiting to install. I plan on keeping the car. It's fun to drive, and I'm sure it's going to gain in value once it passes the classic mark."

Best car I have owned with very little maintenance

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Nice to handle & good ride."

Cons: "Trunk space a bit small at times."

"In almost 14 yrs. of owning this car, the ONLY two things I have done to it is install a new battery and have 4 new tires put on at 44,500 miles. I take good care of it, garaged kept since brand new & service it every 3 to 4 thousand miles, depending if I do any long distance driving. Love it and intend to keep it for as long as I can. Will at one point pass it on to a family member."

fast and fun

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing really"

"i love this car has never been to the shop exsept for oil and tires it the best car ever i love all mustangs"

This is my Baby! My name really is Sally!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "I play Wilson Pickett's "Mustang Sally"....WOW!"

Cons: "Not a GT."

"I have had to car for six years. It was mostly in FL before that. It is in beautiful condition (almost excellent). Everything works. Top in excellent condition. Has been garaged in the winter. Would like to sell to "older" person who will baby her like I have."

1998 Mustang

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Looks, economy, fun to drive, reasonable price."

Cons: "Seats, paint quality, small trunk."

"Very good to excellent overall. Seats lack the best comfort and adjustability for longer trips. Good gas mileage-23-24 highway. Excellent brakes and handling; although needs a caster/camber kit to allow optimum front alignment specs as the stock camber is not factory adjustable. Smooth powerful engine, good transmission. Also needs adjustable clutch cable to prevent premature throwout bearing wear from constant contact with clutch fork/fingers as the stock system doesn't do too well. Still turns heads even as a 15-year old car. Hydroboost system is also not the best and can leak or fail expensively! However, still a great value compared to most other cars on the road-especially when properly maintained."

Amazing car

By on Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pros: "good price, fun tro drive, incredibly dependable"

"I have owned this vehicle since March 2002. I drive it about 100 miles a day here in AK, it does great not only in summer but in winter too. About once a winter it gets stuck in deep snow, but that is to be expected occasionally with a rear wheel drive car right? Mine is a base model, pretty much the standard equipment. The car is amazing, it has only been in the shop for routine maintanance and to have a new clutch. Other than oil changes, brakes, and tire change overs the only other thing that has been changed is an exhaust manifold that cracked. At 312,000 miles in arctic conditions this car has been ultra dependable and still gets better than 20 mpg on hiway. Thinking I'm going to get at least another year out of her."

this is a cheap, practical, and fun sporty car

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pros: "value, speed, looks, and heritage"

Cons: "more practicale things out there, enemy camaro"

"This car is easy to work on, lots of available parts, and aftermarket accesories. it can fit 2 large and 2 small adults, it also has a suprisingly comodius trunk. It is fun to drive, own and look at."