2004 Ford Mustang

Based on 1909 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

Very Reliable Vehicle Overall!

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Fun to drive, Decent MPG"

Cons: "Not a car for driving in the Snow!"

2000 Ford Mustang V-6 5 speed 163k Runs Great!

"We are the 3rd owner of car. It's a 3.8 V6 5 speed manual trans. Original Owner drove it to 143k when Clutch needed replaced & Exaust manifolds cracked. Mechanic friend bought it from owner Put in new clutch. And installed a Posi Track rear pinion. He drove it really hard for the 2k he owned it. As a matter of fact. I was leary of buyin it when he took me for the test drive lol. He was at a stop in the road put her in first and floored engine. The rev limiter kicked in at around 4000 RPM He Dumped the clutch and she burned the tires pretty darn good. He just KEPT it floored when he shifted, He got a 2nd and 3rd gear scratch from the tires OMG Had no idea the little Ford Mustang 3.8 V-6 could do that especially at 153K. So next day i gave him 2 Grand for the Mustang Knowing it needed 2 Exaust manifolds and new Tires. So i put another 16 hundred into the Stang. She has been an Awesome reliable car No Problems besides needing a new battery. Gets 18-20 mpg in town and 25 on the highway. And is very fun to drive!"

2000 Ford Mustang V-6 5 speed 163k Runs Great!

My Dream Car

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Best bang for your buck"

Cons: "only one cup holder"

"I've wanted this car for a very long time and when I get it I am not disappointed. It is almost 20 years old and of course things will need to be replaced. Very easy to do if you have a repair manual, especially since it still uses a distributor instead of the mod motor. Very quick car and the stock 215 HP is easily raised with minimal upgrades. I feel like the seat just sucks you into the car. If you have a hard time getting into any car, this would not be the car for you. There is only one cup holder and that gets annoying at times, however the 99-04 mustangs have two in the center console if you can find a center console in a junkyard. Other than that it is a fun sporty car and most cars on the highway will be prevented from cutting you off in traffic by flooring it. And I love the sound of a 302!"

Awesome first car!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "price, fun to drive, interior and exterior design"

Cons: "wheel gap, cup holder design, interior material"

"I bought this car in high school and am probably going to never sell it. I've done so much to this car that it really is one of a kind. Since it is a V6, I focused on looks more then the engine. I swapped out all the interior, lights,added body parts from a GT, Roush, and Saleen, lowering springs, etc. Mustang accessories are really cheap so it's great for HS and college students."

Mustangs ford great pony car

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "It just keeps going an going"

"I purchased the mustang convertible V6 Nov 2002 with the pony package,GT hood scoop and rear spoiler, in red fire metallic with a black top.Today 9 years and 47500 later the car is showroom new condition,with only the tires having been replaced Their was never a breakdown or a problem of any kind. I get 27mpg hwy 22mpg city THANKS!!! FORD nice ride."

Extremely Reliable

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"I bought this car with 83,000 miles and have driven it to 103,000 miles. I have NEVER had a check engine light come on. The vehicle has ran flawlessly since I have had it. The transmission has never done anything funny. The engine runs like it is new. And for a V6 it is pretty impressive. It ran consistent low 16's at the local track. My only complaint is the factory V6 wheels Ford tacked onto the 1999 and 2000 model. Very distasteful. Ford needs to do better on the wheels."