2004 Ford Mustang

Based on 1802 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Reliable, looks good, easy and cheap to maintain

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Reason: Had to leave the ountry

Pros: "Great Value, Fun to drive, Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Interior always felt a little cheap"

"I bought my 1998 Ford Mustang in 2002 and drove it until 2010. It served me well through high school and college. I did maintain this car very well. It never gave me any major issues and anytime I had to make an unscheduled repair it wasn't too expensive. This car never left me stranded at anytime. I left the country due to military service in 2010 and kept the car at my parent's house. The car did break down right before I left in 2010 right before I left. We suspected the fuel pump was the issue. We replaced the fuel pump today because I'm selling it to my little brother. As soon as we replaced the pump it started first try. After three years of sitting it's running great. This has been the best car for the value I've ever owned."

awesome car I never get tired of driving it!

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

"Love this car!"

fun, sporty, dependable car

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "very low mileage in excellent condition"

"convertible..silver with black top.. in great shape..always garaged..MUSTANG decals on side panels..very low mileage..retired schoolteacher owns who drove only locally...one small crease in driver side rear fender.."

very economical

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"very dependable. bought from son in law and has original paint job, tires are 1 yr old original rims."

A 12-year love affair-

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Pure fun to drive! It handles like no other Stang"

Cons: "It's a convertible! there will be road noise!"

"I have owned my Cobra convertible for 12-years- and I absolutely love this car- from the day I drove it off the lot in July 2002 it has been a pure joy to drive and experience. If you search for this car on line, you will see it- Laser-Red, black top, black and charcoal interior, original SVT chrome rims, spoiler, I have kept the car totally "stock" intentionally. The engine is clean enough to eat off of. A joy to drive and a real "head turner"- additionally I have custom made seat covers for it- SVT full and half bra, full Mustang car cover and carry bag for it, mint convertible boot cover, all original instructions and data. Oil changes every 3K. In 2008 I replaced the convertible top at the highest ranked custom convertible shop in metro Detroit- with lifetime warranty- with virtually the same material as original. Again, I preferred to keep the car factory-stock. As standard maintenance, I had both front ball joints replaced with greased fittings (not available in newer cars any longer!), Tye rods, and the rear axle replaced, again, by one of the highest ranked shops in metro Detroit in 2011. Over the years my Cobra was slightly damaged three times (Alway while parked!) NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE of any kind resulted. Right rear bumper was hit on a sub-zero day which resulted in its replacement with one of the LAST 2001 ORIGINAL NEW 2001 Cobra facia bumpers left in North America. Left front quarter panel was hit well above the tire-line while I was gasing the car up (!) by a pick-up truck. All the work was done brilliantly in painting- and is seemless. All data available on the Cobra at request. This is one of 372 or less (I recall) of 6400 hundred made in this color combination (Black on black being the most prevalent. In 2001 major automotive magazines rated this model Cobra as superior to the Camero Z-28/SS & Firebird models from the factory. It is also very rare in that it has independent rear suspension- not a live axle."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25