2002 Ford Mustang

Based on 1804 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

very economical

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"very dependable. bought from son in law and has original paint job, tires are 1 yr old original rims."

A 12-year love affair-

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Pure fun to drive! It handles like no other Stang"

Cons: "It's a convertible! there will be road noise!"

"I have owned my Cobra convertible for 12-years- and I absolutely love this car- from the day I drove it off the lot in July 2002 it has been a pure joy to drive and experience. If you search for this car on line, you will see it- Laser-Red, black top, black and charcoal interior, original SVT chrome rims, spoiler, I have kept the car totally "stock" intentionally. The engine is clean enough to eat off of. A joy to drive and a real "head turner"- additionally I have custom made seat covers for it- SVT full and half bra, full Mustang car cover and carry bag for it, mint convertible boot cover, all original instructions and data. Oil changes every 3K. In 2008 I replaced the convertible top at the highest ranked custom convertible shop in metro Detroit- with lifetime warranty- with virtually the same material as original. Again, I preferred to keep the car factory-stock. As standard maintenance, I had both front ball joints replaced with greased fittings (not available in newer cars any longer!), Tye rods, and the rear axle replaced, again, by one of the highest ranked shops in metro Detroit in 2011. Over the years my Cobra was slightly damaged three times (Alway while parked!) NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE of any kind resulted. Right rear bumper was hit on a sub-zero day which resulted in its replacement with one of the LAST 2001 ORIGINAL NEW 2001 Cobra facia bumpers left in North America. Left front quarter panel was hit well above the tire-line while I was gasing the car up (!) by a pick-up truck. All the work was done brilliantly in painting- and is seemless. All data available on the Cobra at request. This is one of 372 or less (I recall) of 6400 hundred made in this color combination (Black on black being the most prevalent. In 2001 major automotive magazines rated this model Cobra as superior to the Camero Z-28/SS & Firebird models from the factory. It is also very rare in that it has independent rear suspension- not a live axle."

Great car

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive."

Cons: "Does not to real well on N. MI icy roads"

"This is a great car for anyone wanting a sporty vehicle. It currently has almost new snow treads on it. It does not do real well in Northern Michigan winters."

The most fun to drive of any car I have owned.

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Cons: "Should have chime on parking brake handle."

Side view.

"Well built and excellent condition for a 16 year old vehicle. High speed ride and handling much better than I expected."

Side view.

Out of all of my collector cars, this is fun.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Performance, looks, handling."

Cons: "If you are over 6 feet tall it may be difficult."

1997 Mustang Cobra SVT

"This car has the looks, comfort and performance that makes it a fun car to drive. Turns heads, even though it is not the most expensive car on the road. Out of all of my collector cars this one is most fun."

1997 Mustang Cobra SVT