2002 Ford Mustang

Based on 1893 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

great car to drive everyday!

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "Sporty, comfortable, reliable"

Cons: "no room for kids"

"I have owned 3 mustangs, 2 from this body style. I really like this car and hope I can find another one with lower miles so I can enjoy it for a few more years. You can also modify this car to get more power easily and fairly inexpensively. sean"

Steady Performer

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Bought this car new for my daughter when she was in high school with the intent that it would last her through collage. It did without any repairs....NONE. All I ever did to it was the recommended maintenance . Not the quietest or smoothest ride but when you're in your teens and early 20's who cares. Would highly recommend this car."

Reliable, looks good, easy and cheap to maintain

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Reason: Had to leave the ountry

Pros: "Great Value, Fun to drive, Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Interior always felt a little cheap"

"I bought my 1998 Ford Mustang in 2002 and drove it until 2010. It served me well through high school and college. I did maintain this car very well. It never gave me any major issues and anytime I had to make an unscheduled repair it wasn't too expensive. This car never left me stranded at anytime. I left the country due to military service in 2010 and kept the car at my parent's house. The car did break down right before I left in 2010 right before I left. We suspected the fuel pump was the issue. We replaced the fuel pump today because I'm selling it to my little brother. As soon as we replaced the pump it started first try. After three years of sitting it's running great. This has been the best car for the value I've ever owned."

Bought it for my 60th birthday

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "just love my car"

Cons: "too low for my aged body"

"I am thinking of selling this car because of issues getting in and out for me at the age of 74 and husband at the age of 79. What is it worth. I really did just turn 31000 miles on it on March 19, 2014. It is a red convertible in excellent condition."

Very Reliable Vehicle Overall!

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Fun to drive, Decent MPG"

Cons: "Not a car for driving in the Snow!"

2000 Ford Mustang V-6 5 speed 163k Runs Great!

"We are the 3rd owner of car. It's a 3.8 V6 5 speed manual trans. Original Owner drove it to 143k when Clutch needed replaced & Exaust manifolds cracked. Mechanic friend bought it from owner Put in new clutch. And installed a Posi Track rear pinion. He drove it really hard for the 2k he owned it. As a matter of fact. I was leary of buyin it when he took me for the test drive lol. He was at a stop in the road put her in first and floored engine. The rev limiter kicked in at around 4000 RPM He Dumped the clutch and she burned the tires pretty darn good. He just KEPT it floored when he shifted, He got a 2nd and 3rd gear scratch from the tires OMG Had no idea the little Ford Mustang 3.8 V-6 could do that especially at 153K. So next day i gave him 2 Grand for the Mustang Knowing it needed 2 Exaust manifolds and new Tires. So i put another 16 hundred into the Stang. She has been an Awesome reliable car No Problems besides needing a new battery. Gets 18-20 mpg in town and 25 on the highway. And is very fun to drive!"

2000 Ford Mustang V-6 5 speed 163k Runs Great!

My Dream Car

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Best bang for your buck"

Cons: "only one cup holder"

"I've wanted this car for a very long time and when I get it I am not disappointed. It is almost 20 years old and of course things will need to be replaced. Very easy to do if you have a repair manual, especially since it still uses a distributor instead of the mod motor. Very quick car and the stock 215 HP is easily raised with minimal upgrades. I feel like the seat just sucks you into the car. If you have a hard time getting into any car, this would not be the car for you. There is only one cup holder and that gets annoying at times, however the 99-04 mustangs have two in the center console if you can find a center console in a junkyard. Other than that it is a fun sporty car and most cars on the highway will be prevented from cutting you off in traffic by flooring it. And I love the sound of a 302!"

Awesome first car!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "price, fun to drive, interior and exterior design"

Cons: "wheel gap, cup holder design, interior material"

"I bought this car in high school and am probably going to never sell it. I've done so much to this car that it really is one of a kind. Since it is a V6, I focused on looks more then the engine. I swapped out all the interior, lights,added body parts from a GT, Roush, and Saleen, lowering springs, etc. Mustang accessories are really cheap so it's great for HS and college students."

Mustangs ford great pony car

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "It just keeps going an going"

"I purchased the mustang convertible V6 Nov 2002 with the pony package,GT hood scoop and rear spoiler, in red fire metallic with a black top.Today 9 years and 47500 later the car is showroom new condition,with only the tires having been replaced Their was never a breakdown or a problem of any kind. I get 27mpg hwy 22mpg city THANKS!!! FORD nice ride."

Extremely Reliable

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"I bought this car with 83,000 miles and have driven it to 103,000 miles. I have NEVER had a check engine light come on. The vehicle has ran flawlessly since I have had it. The transmission has never done anything funny. The engine runs like it is new. And for a V6 it is pretty impressive. It ran consistent low 16's at the local track. My only complaint is the factory V6 wheels Ford tacked onto the 1999 and 2000 model. Very distasteful. Ford needs to do better on the wheels."

very reliable.

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Air/heat conditioning. nice sound system installed"

Cons: "wear and tear on steering wheel. trunk"

"I have had this car since 2010 and have never had any problems with it."