2001 Ford Mustang

Based on 1854 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

best car ever!

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "most amazing car i have ever owned!"

Cons: "not one"

"I should be on a ford commercial!i bought my mustang new in 2000 (my first new car) I normaly bought program cars and traded them in every 2-4 years. my mustang is now 14 years old and I really don't want to sell it, but my kids now live hours away and I fell in love with the ford fusion hybrid and love the gas mileage!i don't have room for 2 vehicals. I get compliments all the time on my bahama blue mustang nonstop and will cry when we depart:("

Owned since new

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Mach speakers, good looking vehicle"

Cons: "No cons, but upgraded stereo recently"

"Ten years old and keeps on going. 90,000 miles and very little maintenance. No plans to ever sell."

Reliable, looks good, easy and cheap to maintain

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Reason: Had to leave the ountry

Pros: "Great Value, Fun to drive, Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Interior always felt a little cheap"

"I bought my 1998 Ford Mustang in 2002 and drove it until 2010. It served me well through high school and college. I did maintain this car very well. It never gave me any major issues and anytime I had to make an unscheduled repair it wasn't too expensive. This car never left me stranded at anytime. I left the country due to military service in 2010 and kept the car at my parent's house. The car did break down right before I left in 2010 right before I left. We suspected the fuel pump was the issue. We replaced the fuel pump today because I'm selling it to my little brother. As soon as we replaced the pump it started first try. After three years of sitting it's running great. This has been the best car for the value I've ever owned."

awesome car I never get tired of driving it!

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

"Love this car!"

fun, sporty, dependable car

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "very low mileage in excellent condition"

"convertible..silver with black top.. in great shape..always garaged..MUSTANG decals on side panels..very low mileage..retired schoolteacher owns who drove only locally...one small crease in driver side rear fender.."

very economical

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"very dependable. bought from son in law and has original paint job, tires are 1 yr old original rims."

A 12-year love affair-

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Pure fun to drive! It handles like no other Stang"

Cons: "It's a convertible! there will be road noise!"

"I have owned my Cobra convertible for 12-years- and I absolutely love this car- from the day I drove it off the lot in July 2002 it has been a pure joy to drive and experience. If you search for this car on line, you will see it- Laser-Red, black top, black and charcoal interior, original SVT chrome rims, spoiler, I have kept the car totally "stock" intentionally. The engine is clean enough to eat off of. A joy to drive and a real "head turner"- additionally I have custom made seat covers for it- SVT full and half bra, full Mustang car cover and carry bag for it, mint convertible boot cover, all original instructions and data. Oil changes every 3K. In 2008 I replaced the convertible top at the highest ranked custom convertible shop in metro Detroit- with lifetime warranty- with virtually the same material as original. Again, I preferred to keep the car factory-stock. As standard maintenance, I had both front ball joints replaced with greased fittings (not available in newer cars any longer!), Tye rods, and the rear axle replaced, again, by one of the highest ranked shops in metro Detroit in 2011. Over the years my Cobra was slightly damaged three times (Alway while parked!) NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE of any kind resulted. Right rear bumper was hit on a sub-zero day which resulted in its replacement with one of the LAST 2001 ORIGINAL NEW 2001 Cobra facia bumpers left in North America. Left front quarter panel was hit well above the tire-line while I was gasing the car up (!) by a pick-up truck. All the work was done brilliantly in painting- and is seemless. All data available on the Cobra at request. This is one of 372 or less (I recall) of 6400 hundred made in this color combination (Black on black being the most prevalent. In 2001 major automotive magazines rated this model Cobra as superior to the Camero Z-28/SS & Firebird models from the factory. It is also very rare in that it has independent rear suspension- not a live axle."

Great car

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive."

Cons: "Does not to real well on N. MI icy roads"

"This is a great car for anyone wanting a sporty vehicle. It currently has almost new snow treads on it. It does not do real well in Northern Michigan winters."

The most fun to drive of any car I have owned.

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Cons: "Should have chime on parking brake handle."

Side view.

"Well built and excellent condition for a 16 year old vehicle. High speed ride and handling much better than I expected."

Side view.

Out of all of my collector cars, this is fun.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Performance, looks, handling."

Cons: "If you are over 6 feet tall it may be difficult."

1997 Mustang Cobra SVT

"This car has the looks, comfort and performance that makes it a fun car to drive. Turns heads, even though it is not the most expensive car on the road. Out of all of my collector cars this one is most fun."

1997 Mustang Cobra SVT

Great Fun, Cruising Vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power, fun to drive,"

Cons: "Small backseat and trunk, premium gas & low gas mi"

"Original Owner. Lots of power under wheels, power convertible top manuvers easily. Leather,Front seating comfortable. Backseat will fit 2 "normal" people,squished. Trunk space minimal for traveling. Uses only premium gasoline, and is expensive to run as gas mileage isn't so great. Also, car will also jump to the side, just a little, when you go over a bump in the road. Great for 1-2 people who love convertibles, long drives, and don't mind spending $$$ for gas. Is worth the trade-off to me. Only major work done was to replace the convertible top as the car was not garaged (but is now)and top was originally white(now black). Best thing next to a Harley--and you don't have to wear a helmet AND have some storage space! Very reliable car."

has been a very reliable car, is on engine # 2

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "good milage and fun guys car"

Cons: "electric seats"

"Only has 60000 thousand miles on new engine everything is all new on it come by to test drive it"

LOVE it!

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "fun, fast."

Cons: "Gas hog"

"Fun to drive, fast and a head-turner. It'll pass anything but a gas station!"

The BEST car my family has ever owned!

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Pls read my review...EVERYTHING is superior."

Cons: "Really none, except could be more powerful."

"We bought this car new in 1994 and have been amazed and impressed on it's countless virtues. After 21 years, 160,000, it drives and operates overall as like new. Our Mustang GT has surpassed our expectations beyond any of our other cars........German, Asian alike. I'm a chemist and take VERY GOOD CARE of the car eg oil/filter changes ea 2500, Pure One oil filter, Nu Finish wax every 6 mo, garage the car 80% of the time etc. The results....consumes zero oil between oil/filter changes, finish is gorgeous/can comb your hair on it's reflection, and 100% OEM paint/no accidents. No squeaks, rattles at all!!! However, of late the AC and radio functionality has declined marginally.........otherwise like new!! The single slight deficiency is a bit firm ride.I had a 1994 Cobra suspension and $1100 Borla exhaust system installed when new by Ford dealership and both have proven to be much appreciated. We get 21 MPG average, on regular, can't hear a single noise/air/wind etc at 60 MPH. Oh, most importantly is how we have pampered the car such as easy acceleration, braking, mild warm-ups etc.......it has re-paid us with virtually trouble free and delightful driving experience for the entire family...even my daughters learned how to manually shift with the very special car. Original everything except battery, starter, tires, wipers....replaced brakes at 100K mi and only because I never heard of a car with such mileage and the OEM brakes.........Ford truly engineered a simple but RELIABLE car and 100% of it's equipment, components etc. Our next car...........2015 Mustang GT.....only hope it is as good/great a car as with our 94..........good job Ford!!!"

This has been very reliable, attractive and fun.

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Looks, handles, sounds good."

Cons: "I'm 6'3" and it's a little hard to get in and out."

"This car was my wife's choice when we decided to replace our '97 Ford Crown Victoria. Actually, I was ready to buy a new Corvette but when I asked her what she'd like she said a Mustang convertible. It's been sporty, fun and very reliable. The only reason we're replacing it is the birth of our twin grandsons, who need room for their car seats, stroller, etc."

Awesome Pony

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, cool to look at, reliable."

Cons: "needs repair work, tricky to drive in the snow."

"This vehicle has been amazingly reliable and has gotten regular maintenance. It is old and she needs new brake lines and gas lines and the airbags do not work. The radio speakers work, but might need replacing. There is some exterior rust, but not much. The mechanic said there is some rust underneath by the gas tank. This car was driven by our daughter and she is now married and moved out."

Bought it for my 60th birthday

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "just love my car"

Cons: "too low for my aged body"

"I am thinking of selling this car because of issues getting in and out for me at the age of 74 and husband at the age of 79. What is it worth. I really did just turn 31000 miles on it on March 19, 2014. It is a red convertible in excellent condition."

good looking

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"Car has many little mechanical problems I fit in it cause im tall its confortable. but that's about it."

Great car

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun and pretty"

Cons: "trunk access too small"

"The only complaint I have is the access hole for the trunk is too small."

A just plain great car

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

"Fast, reliable, inexpensive. This was my first car and I could not have been happier with what a great, faithful piece of machinery it is."

What i think about my Mustang

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "good looking, nice ride for a sports car, handling"

Cons: "exhaust not cool sounding, no good decals"

"Well i have had the car for about a little over 5 months now and i have had a 2003 Mitsubishi eclipse before and this definitely feels more powerful and more sturdy. I just recently had to replace the ball joints on the car because it was really starting to squeak and make all kinds of noises but come to find out that was a common issue on all of them. but its fast definitely a decent amount of torque for a first muscle i have driven some with more but its definitely good for a daily driver and if you don't know what you are doing you will loose control. But i have it a 8/10 because i have always loved Mustangs ever scence i was a little boy. And i wouldn't give up the one i have because i worked hard to get it."

My video

I painted plasti dip on the car because its not perminent and it looks good

good car

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "fun, slick and sporty"

Cons: "back seat is tricky with a baby seat"

"i have owned this car for 10 years now and it is by far the best car i have ever had the 3.8 leaves a little to be desired but and exhaust job and a cold air intake does the trick just fine makes her purr like a v8 and way quicker amazing handling comfortable to drive and really easy on the eyes anyone looking to buy one will not be disappointed"

just bought it 12 hr ago allready in love with it

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"as a cab driver I have extensive experience in several different types of vehicles. just bougt this car 12 hrs ago already in love with the way it drives, very responsive"

Very Reliable Vehicle Overall!

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Fun to drive, Decent MPG"

Cons: "Not a car for driving in the Snow!"

2000 Ford Mustang V-6 5 speed 163k Runs Great!

"We are the 3rd owner of car. It's a 3.8 V6 5 speed manual trans. Original Owner drove it to 143k when Clutch needed replaced & Exaust manifolds cracked. Mechanic friend bought it from owner Put in new clutch. And installed a Posi Track rear pinion. He drove it really hard for the 2k he owned it. As a matter of fact. I was leary of buyin it when he took me for the test drive lol. He was at a stop in the road put her in first and floored engine. The rev limiter kicked in at around 4000 RPM He Dumped the clutch and she burned the tires pretty darn good. He just KEPT it floored when he shifted, He got a 2nd and 3rd gear scratch from the tires OMG Had no idea the little Ford Mustang 3.8 V-6 could do that especially at 153K. So next day i gave him 2 Grand for the Mustang Knowing it needed 2 Exaust manifolds and new Tires. So i put another 16 hundred into the Stang. She has been an Awesome reliable car No Problems besides needing a new battery. Gets 18-20 mpg in town and 25 on the highway. And is very fun to drive!"

2000 Ford Mustang V-6 5 speed 163k Runs Great!

Awesome car by Ford!

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Excellent car!!"

2004 Mach 1 (Screaming Yellow)

"Super awesome car! Would like to own more Ford muscle cars. Well job done by Ford on this revamped 60's ride!"

2004 Mach 1 (Screaming Yellow)