2001 Ford Mustang

Based on 1904 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

This car has been one of the best I've owned.

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. No repairs until later in its life."

Cons: "Stiff ride. Not the best for winter driving."

"Few repairs up until over the last four years. The major repairs were the front suspension, new head gaskets and rear axle. The rear axle was more my doing. The car is light in the rear and being that it's a rear wheel drive, I got tired of planning my routes in the winter so I had a limited slip differential installed. Started to have noticeable rust show up about the same time as repairs but can't complain. Minnesota uses a lot of salt on the roads in the winter. Oil consumption is still less than a half a quart of oil between changes. Gas mileage on the hwy averages 27 mpg and a few times have squeaked out 32. I'm now aiming for 400000 miles."

best ive ever had!

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "great power! really fun to drive"

Cons: "none!"

the best car ive had!:)

"just got this car about 3 months ago and i love it! i couldnt have had anything better. great hp and torque! i would really consider this car to someone"

the best car ive had!:)

best car ever!

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "most amazing car i have ever owned!"

Cons: "not one"

"I should be on a ford commercial!i bought my mustang new in 2000 (my first new car) I normaly bought program cars and traded them in every 2-4 years. my mustang is now 14 years old and I really don't want to sell it, but my kids now live hours away and I fell in love with the ford fusion hybrid and love the gas mileage!i don't have room for 2 vehicals. I get compliments all the time on my bahama blue mustang nonstop and will cry when we depart:("

My Very First Car! (No regrets)

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Very Reliable to drive, Great looks..."

Cons: "Both Cig lighter/chargers dont work, fuses r OK :("

Taken back in 2012...

"I bought my Mustang brand new back in 2002. I still own and drive often. I can't believe I had been driving my Mustang for almost 12 YEARS and counting... Maintenance was done through the dealer from 2002-2005... Then I did my own oil change ever since using Full Synthetic with intervals of 4K-7K miles. For the 12 years, I only had a few problems. First was the EGR Sensor that dealer replaced... The alternator gave out around 60K... Replaced fuel filter, air filter which are all wear and tear. I had to get new rear differential but it was my fault due to excessive burn/peel outs and very aggressive driving. Been on 3 accidents but still clean title and running strong... And gas mileage now can be better but maybe because of the 17x10.5 deep dish wheels on 275 tires and 17x9 front rims on 245 tires. but if I had the stock 16 wheels then maybe gas mph would not be that bad... I still can't figure why my cigarette lighter do not work any more and even the one inside the center console/box."

Taken back in 2012...

Always there for me

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "price, fun to drive, classic cool looks"

"Never had to do anything but standard maintenance. Most reliable car I ever owned. Always starts, always gets me there, fun to drive, efficient fuel mileage. Original brakes even lasted 119,000 miles. Bought it new in Jan 1999 and it's the best car I ever had."

2000 Mustang GT-COOL CAR

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Pros: "Handles the road, feels great."

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"I own this car. (I'm a girl) Purchased it in 2006 with 17,000 miles, now it's Feb 2013 & it has only 69,000 miles on it. Fast car, with a 4.6L Engine...the mileage is low, don't drive it so often. Handles curves and the road like a glove. Gas mileage is maybe 15 City...but then again I didn't buy it to get great gas mileage."

Solid Car

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, priced right"

Cons: "Small back seat, not so good in weather"

"Bought this car with 20K on it as my first car. The V6 does not have a lot of power, but very reliable. No major issues but ball joints at 120K. Only real issues are the very small back seat, and the fact that it wont go anywhere in snow, thanks to the traction control."

Best Vehicle I ever had.

By on Saturday, September 01, 2012

Pros: "great price and not a gas hog"

Cons: "n/a"

"This has been the best car and Ford I have ever driven. She is my baby. Looking forward to her 20th birthday in a few years. She will then be antique. My mustang has excellent gas mileage. I don't know what I would do without her."

great car to drive everyday!

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pros: "Sporty, comfortable, reliable"

Cons: "no room for kids"

"I have owned 3 mustangs, 2 from this body style. I really like this car and hope I can find another one with lower miles so I can enjoy it for a few more years. You can also modify this car to get more power easily and fairly inexpensively. sean"

Steady Performer

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Bought this car new for my daughter when she was in high school with the intent that it would last her through collage. It did without any repairs....NONE. All I ever did to it was the recommended maintenance . Not the quietest or smoothest ride but when you're in your teens and early 20's who cares. Would highly recommend this car."

Reliable, looks good, easy and cheap to maintain

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Reason: Had to leave the ountry

Pros: "Great Value, Fun to drive, Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Interior always felt a little cheap"

"I bought my 1998 Ford Mustang in 2002 and drove it until 2010. It served me well through high school and college. I did maintain this car very well. It never gave me any major issues and anytime I had to make an unscheduled repair it wasn't too expensive. This car never left me stranded at anytime. I left the country due to military service in 2010 and kept the car at my parent's house. The car did break down right before I left in 2010 right before I left. We suspected the fuel pump was the issue. We replaced the fuel pump today because I'm selling it to my little brother. As soon as we replaced the pump it started first try. After three years of sitting it's running great. This has been the best car for the value I've ever owned."

Bought it for my 60th birthday

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "just love my car"

Cons: "too low for my aged body"

"I am thinking of selling this car because of issues getting in and out for me at the age of 74 and husband at the age of 79. What is it worth. I really did just turn 31000 miles on it on March 19, 2014. It is a red convertible in excellent condition."

Very Reliable Vehicle Overall!

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Fun to drive, Decent MPG"

Cons: "Not a car for driving in the Snow!"

2000 Ford Mustang V-6 5 speed 163k Runs Great!

"We are the 3rd owner of car. It's a 3.8 V6 5 speed manual trans. Original Owner drove it to 143k when Clutch needed replaced & Exaust manifolds cracked. Mechanic friend bought it from owner Put in new clutch. And installed a Posi Track rear pinion. He drove it really hard for the 2k he owned it. As a matter of fact. I was leary of buyin it when he took me for the test drive lol. He was at a stop in the road put her in first and floored engine. The rev limiter kicked in at around 4000 RPM He Dumped the clutch and she burned the tires pretty darn good. He just KEPT it floored when he shifted, He got a 2nd and 3rd gear scratch from the tires OMG Had no idea the little Ford Mustang 3.8 V-6 could do that especially at 153K. So next day i gave him 2 Grand for the Mustang Knowing it needed 2 Exaust manifolds and new Tires. So i put another 16 hundred into the Stang. She has been an Awesome reliable car No Problems besides needing a new battery. Gets 18-20 mpg in town and 25 on the highway. And is very fun to drive!"

2000 Ford Mustang V-6 5 speed 163k Runs Great!

My Dream Car

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Best bang for your buck"

Cons: "only one cup holder"

"I've wanted this car for a very long time and when I get it I am not disappointed. It is almost 20 years old and of course things will need to be replaced. Very easy to do if you have a repair manual, especially since it still uses a distributor instead of the mod motor. Very quick car and the stock 215 HP is easily raised with minimal upgrades. I feel like the seat just sucks you into the car. If you have a hard time getting into any car, this would not be the car for you. There is only one cup holder and that gets annoying at times, however the 99-04 mustangs have two in the center console if you can find a center console in a junkyard. Other than that it is a fun sporty car and most cars on the highway will be prevented from cutting you off in traffic by flooring it. And I love the sound of a 302!"

Awesome first car!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "price, fun to drive, interior and exterior design"

Cons: "wheel gap, cup holder design, interior material"

"I bought this car in high school and am probably going to never sell it. I've done so much to this car that it really is one of a kind. Since it is a V6, I focused on looks more then the engine. I swapped out all the interior, lights,added body parts from a GT, Roush, and Saleen, lowering springs, etc. Mustang accessories are really cheap so it's great for HS and college students."

Mustangs ford great pony car

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "It just keeps going an going"

"I purchased the mustang convertible V6 Nov 2002 with the pony package,GT hood scoop and rear spoiler, in red fire metallic with a black top.Today 9 years and 47500 later the car is showroom new condition,with only the tires having been replaced Their was never a breakdown or a problem of any kind. I get 27mpg hwy 22mpg city THANKS!!! FORD nice ride."

Extremely Reliable

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"I bought this car with 83,000 miles and have driven it to 103,000 miles. I have NEVER had a check engine light come on. The vehicle has ran flawlessly since I have had it. The transmission has never done anything funny. The engine runs like it is new. And for a V6 it is pretty impressive. It ran consistent low 16's at the local track. My only complaint is the factory V6 wheels Ford tacked onto the 1999 and 2000 model. Very distasteful. Ford needs to do better on the wheels."

very reliable.

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Air/heat conditioning. nice sound system installed"

Cons: "wear and tear on steering wheel. trunk"

"I have had this car since 2010 and have never had any problems with it."

Darn good car

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "great car and stylish car"

Cons: "needs headlight and hood repaired due to hit & run"

"This has hands down been the most reliable car I have ever owned and by far the cheapest money wise to repair an maintain"

Best car I have owned with very little maintenance

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Nice to handle & good ride."

Cons: "Trunk space a bit small at times."

"In almost 14 yrs. of owning this car, the ONLY two things I have done to it is install a new battery and have 4 new tires put on at 44,500 miles. I take good care of it, garaged kept since brand new & service it every 3 to 4 thousand miles, depending if I do any long distance driving. Love it and intend to keep it for as long as I can. Will at one point pass it on to a family member."

Great car

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

"i have owned this car for several years and as my high school car. now that i am in college i still drive it daily. To work and to college. I ahve not had to do any major work other that batter,tenator and tires. It is comfortable and very easy to drive.i drive it year round and with a good set of snow tires i get through sw just fine here in the inland northwest. the build quality is great i got rear ended recenlty ad all the bumper had was a small scratch and mark from where it was hit. If it were like the newer cars im sure the bumper would have been destroyed. I would recommend this car to anyone that is looking for a reliable and comfortable car. IF you want trunk space this isnt the car."

Fantastic Car

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Super reliable"

Cons: "Not a lot of versatility or rear leg room"

"This has been a spectacularly fun and reliable car to own. It goes through brakes and the exhaust rusted, but now I have replacement parts under warranty, it's not a big deal. I drove it through 5 Maine winters already and it wasn't a problem once I got out of the driveway. I didn't even have snow tires on it last winter."

This is my Baby! My name really is Sally!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "I play Wilson Pickett's "Mustang Sally"....WOW!"

Cons: "Not a GT."

"I have had to car for six years. It was mostly in FL before that. It is in beautiful condition (almost excellent). Everything works. Top in excellent condition. Has been garaged in the winter. Would like to sell to "older" person who will baby her like I have."

1998 Mustang

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Looks, economy, fun to drive, reasonable price."

Cons: "Seats, paint quality, small trunk."

"Very good to excellent overall. Seats lack the best comfort and adjustability for longer trips. Good gas mileage-23-24 highway. Excellent brakes and handling; although needs a caster/camber kit to allow optimum front alignment specs as the stock camber is not factory adjustable. Smooth powerful engine, good transmission. Also needs adjustable clutch cable to prevent premature throwout bearing wear from constant contact with clutch fork/fingers as the stock system doesn't do too well. Still turns heads even as a 15-year old car. Hydroboost system is also not the best and can leak or fail expensively! However, still a great value compared to most other cars on the road-especially when properly maintained."

Decent first car

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun, decent gas mileage"

Cons: "cup holders in bad location"

First Car Wash :)

"I recently bought this car and it is quite a nice car, I bought it for $3500 with 123,000 miles on it. At the time I thought that was a decent buy because they were asking $4300, now that I Blue Booked it I probably would have gone lower :( But what's done is done, upon buying the car I replace that struts, shocks, rotors and pads which were all still stock unfortunately and a pain in the butt to replace, she didn't take the best car of the car :( but most of this was due for a replace anyways due to the mileage, all in all I love the car to death and will probably own for the next few years. This car is very fun to drive and will amazingly enough still spin the tires if ya know how to do it ;) A downfall for me about this car though is that you can put a lot of money into upgrading it's power and not get a lot out."

First Car Wash :)