2000 Ford Mustang

Based on 1935 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

My dream car

By on Friday, February 13, 2009

"This is the best! You get looks when you drive down the street in this baby!"

Better than you think

By on Thursday, December 6, 2007

"I was 18 when I purchased this car. Bought it with only 44K miles. Been down the drag strip over 75+ times, plus 10 or so from the previous owner. Being that it is a Ford I was VERY surprised with the reliability. The car currently has 102K miles and running strong. I only had to replace a few things. The belt tensioner bearing went up and I was getting rear end whine. But as you can imagine from launching on drag radials, burnouts, etc. that is going to cause good amount of wear on the drivetrain. The stock T45 is holding up pretty well, but I do get slight grinding from time to time. The modular V8's Ford puts out are pretty stout. No comparison to the 3.8 OHV V6 junk they have from 99-04. The 4.6 is down on cubic inches compared to the larger LSx GM series.Despite all of this the motor puts out decent power. It has its minor qwirk's, squeaks and squeals, like any 100K+ mile car. Interior is plasticy but what do you expect from a $22,000 dollar sticker price car, back in 99! This IS the poor man's sports car! I wish I could get a new 3V GT but house and family come first. Highly recommend!"

What i expected....

By on Monday, September 3, 2007

"Ford Mustang is exactly what i expected. I bought the car with the intention of fixing it up. It serves it's purpose. It goes fast. Doesn't get good gas mileage and is not very practicle. It hasn't been the most reliable car either. The intake manifold cracked and sometimes in the morning when it's cold the car idles rough. I replaced the intake manifold and the check coolant light still comes on. My car will be payed off soon. I might trade it in on a 350z."

The reliable muscle car!!!

By on Thursday, September 15, 2016

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, great looks"

Cons: "Low power for V8, cup holder behind shifter"

At the car show!

"Hello Everyone & KBB, I owned this vehicle for quite some time, actually since I was 17 years old when I had the ability to get my license. This car has been a blast to own and very reliable. Since owning this car for more than a decade I really haven't had to put much maintenance into it. Here me out... Usually for sports car they require extensive up keep but this particular class of car didn't which is very surprising. I had to replace items that were simply at end of its age. This is testament to Ford engineering because the parts I replaced were just worn, they didn't break/fail. The only real issue I had with the car was the plastic intake manifold crossover tube that is fused to plastic intake. This manifold cracked from heat over the years behind the alternator casing. Also, I replaced old ball joints that lost its lubrication during my high school years. The rest is just regular maintenance. My last recent major repair was old OE steel brake lines that rotted in the rear from living in the North East. The rest is history! Now that I am well into my late 20's I am more into resto-modding the car. I probably have one of the cleanest examples out there today because I stored the car in the garage during bad weather and really haven't put serious miles on it since I graduated H.S. The car has aged very well and most of the materials are in good shape. Aside from the powertrain(engine, transmission and rearend) being rock solid and not abused, I took care of the exterior body very well and the interior. Would I buy this car again? Probably in heartbeat because they are fun to drive and modify if you know what you were doing. P.S. I put more money into my Audi then I did to this Mustang GT! Low maintenance muscle/pony car for the win y'all! ;D."

At the car show!

Just bought, already enjoying.

By on Friday, August 5, 2016

Pros: "Great, Fun to drive, sounds powerful."

Cons: "Goodluck giving more than two people a ride."

"So I just got the car and when I first saw it I fell in love with it. It has been a blast to drive so far. It is a smooth ride and very reliable in the turns. Would recommend to anyone it would be a great first car."