1999 Ford Mustang

Based on 1802 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

LOVE it!

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "fun, fast."

Cons: "Gas hog"

"Fun to drive, fast and a head-turner. It'll pass anything but a gas station!"

The BEST car my family has ever owned!

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Pls read my review...EVERYTHING is superior."

Cons: "Really none, except could be more powerful."

"We bought this car new in 1994 and have been amazed and impressed on it's countless virtues. After 21 years, 160,000, it drives and operates overall as like new. Our Mustang GT has surpassed our expectations beyond any of our other cars........German, Asian alike. I'm a chemist and take VERY GOOD CARE of the car eg oil/filter changes ea 2500, Pure One oil filter, Nu Finish wax every 6 mo, garage the car 80% of the time etc. The results....consumes zero oil between oil/filter changes, finish is gorgeous/can comb your hair on it's reflection, and 100% OEM paint/no accidents. No squeaks, rattles at all!!! However, of late the AC and radio functionality has declined marginally.........otherwise like new!! The single slight deficiency is a bit firm ride.I had a 1994 Cobra suspension and $1100 Borla exhaust system installed when new by Ford dealership and both have proven to be much appreciated. We get 21 MPG average, on regular, can't hear a single noise/air/wind etc at 60 MPH. Oh, most importantly is how we have pampered the car such as easy acceleration, braking, mild warm-ups etc.......it has re-paid us with virtually trouble free and delightful driving experience for the entire family...even my daughters learned how to manually shift with the very special car. Original everything except battery, starter, tires, wipers....replaced brakes at 100K mi and only because I never heard of a car with such mileage and the OEM brakes.........Ford truly engineered a simple but RELIABLE car and 100% of it's equipment, components etc. Our next car...........2015 Mustang GT.....only hope it is as good/great a car as with our 94..........good job Ford!!!"

This has been very reliable, attractive and fun.

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Looks, handles, sounds good."

Cons: "I'm 6'3" and it's a little hard to get in and out."

"This car was my wife's choice when we decided to replace our '97 Ford Crown Victoria. Actually, I was ready to buy a new Corvette but when I asked her what she'd like she said a Mustang convertible. It's been sporty, fun and very reliable. The only reason we're replacing it is the birth of our twin grandsons, who need room for their car seats, stroller, etc."

Awesome Pony

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, cool to look at, reliable."

Cons: "needs repair work, tricky to drive in the snow."

"This vehicle has been amazingly reliable and has gotten regular maintenance. It is old and she needs new brake lines and gas lines and the airbags do not work. The radio speakers work, but might need replacing. There is some exterior rust, but not much. The mechanic said there is some rust underneath by the gas tank. This car was driven by our daughter and she is now married and moved out."

Bought it for my 60th birthday

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "just love my car"

Cons: "too low for my aged body"

"I am thinking of selling this car because of issues getting in and out for me at the age of 74 and husband at the age of 79. What is it worth. I really did just turn 31000 miles on it on March 19, 2014. It is a red convertible in excellent condition."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25