1996 Ford Mustang

Based on 1925 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

Solid Car

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, priced right"

Cons: "Small back seat, not so good in weather"

"Bought this car with 20K on it as my first car. The V6 does not have a lot of power, but very reliable. No major issues but ball joints at 120K. Only real issues are the very small back seat, and the fact that it wont go anywhere in snow, thanks to the traction control."

Extremely Reliable

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"I bought this car with 83,000 miles and have driven it to 103,000 miles. I have NEVER had a check engine light come on. The vehicle has ran flawlessly since I have had it. The transmission has never done anything funny. The engine runs like it is new. And for a V6 it is pretty impressive. It ran consistent low 16's at the local track. My only complaint is the factory V6 wheels Ford tacked onto the 1999 and 2000 model. Very distasteful. Ford needs to do better on the wheels."

Fantastic Car

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Super reliable"

Cons: "Not a lot of versatility or rear leg room"

"This has been a spectacularly fun and reliable car to own. It goes through brakes and the exhaust rusted, but now I have replacement parts under warranty, it's not a big deal. I drove it through 5 Maine winters already and it wasn't a problem once I got out of the driveway. I didn't even have snow tires on it last winter."

Darn good car

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "great car and stylish car"

Cons: "needs headlight and hood repaired due to hit & run"

"This has hands down been the most reliable car I have ever owned and by far the cheapest money wise to repair an maintain"

Best car I have owned with very little maintenance

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Nice to handle & good ride."

Cons: "Trunk space a bit small at times."

"In almost 14 yrs. of owning this car, the ONLY two things I have done to it is install a new battery and have 4 new tires put on at 44,500 miles. I take good care of it, garaged kept since brand new & service it every 3 to 4 thousand miles, depending if I do any long distance driving. Love it and intend to keep it for as long as I can. Will at one point pass it on to a family member."

This is my Baby! My name really is Sally!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "I play Wilson Pickett's "Mustang Sally"....WOW!"

Cons: "Not a GT."

"I have had to car for six years. It was mostly in FL before that. It is in beautiful condition (almost excellent). Everything works. Top in excellent condition. Has been garaged in the winter. Would like to sell to "older" person who will baby her like I have."

1998 Mustang

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "Looks, economy, fun to drive, reasonable price."

Cons: "Seats, paint quality, small trunk."

"Very good to excellent overall. Seats lack the best comfort and adjustability for longer trips. Good gas mileage-23-24 highway. Excellent brakes and handling; although needs a caster/camber kit to allow optimum front alignment specs as the stock camber is not factory adjustable. Smooth powerful engine, good transmission. Also needs adjustable clutch cable to prevent premature throwout bearing wear from constant contact with clutch fork/fingers as the stock system doesn't do too well. Still turns heads even as a 15-year old car. Hydroboost system is also not the best and can leak or fail expensively! However, still a great value compared to most other cars on the road-especially when properly maintained."

this is a cheap, practical, and fun sporty car

By on Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Pros: "value, speed, looks, and heritage"

Cons: "more practicale things out there, enemy camaro"

"This car is easy to work on, lots of available parts, and aftermarket accesories. it can fit 2 large and 2 small adults, it also has a suprisingly comodius trunk. It is fun to drive, own and look at."

Best SVT Cobra Made

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

"Great car, love the 99-04 body style. Wicked fast and handles great. Bits down in the corners/curves with the only factory Cobra IRS. Great car."

LOVE HATE MY CAR!

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

"Ok so I have a love hate relationship with my mustang and everyday she shows me more of what she can do. However there are few things I can't stand! Her slide action this car will slide on any type of water oil ice or snow IT WILL SLIDE! the inside of this car was constructed poorly im short and i have to sit all the way up to tur music up or down and the seats are not comfortable the cd player spits the cds out right above the gear shift! But ow how I love her shes a pretty green and has a standard v6 but she feel powerfull i love the rumble when you start her up and the the power when you shift into drive! she hugs coners like a dream and this car is reliable havent had any problem yet but a water pump 113,000 miles love her hate ford for not showing her more love on the interior side... Deff a summer car put her up for the snow shes just to pretty to mess up!"