1996 Ford Mustang

Based on 1869 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

very fun car left it all stock

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "power when you want it looks and sounds great"

Cons: "save your cash for parts! maybe a ticket or 2 :-)"

"drove the car from 12k miles till now 86k car has been a good and fun car while ill say save up some cash for the repairs and try to save old part if and that's if you do for some reason want to upgrade this monster... for me it was plenty strong didn't leave me on the road side or stuck on the freeway over all nice car to drive the parts and labor might kill your pocket book and well gas....well gas its a big monster come on now ha-ha....long as you change your oil check your fluids and tires this car will be good too you like it was too me big con for me on this car was the interior is still the same old cheap stuff they have always been so eh"

Love my V-6

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Relatively Cheep, Fun to drive, Comfortable for 2."

Cons: "Back seats no big enough, No power in winter."

"My V-6 has 90K+ on it and its gets me from a to b. I love the look of the car. Interior needed some more refinement. For the price you can't beat it. If you are looking for a daily driver that is sporty and gets good gas milage, this is your car. I put an intake on it and it gets about 26 miles per gallon as long as you keep your foot out of it. There is no shortage of aftermarket parts. You can have any of the models upgraded to compete with the new ones for about a quarter of the price. I deleted my back seat because you can't fit an adult in the back."

Great car!

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"I bought my mustang when i had 60k miles 10 years ago. Now it has 264,000 miles! I only did regular maintenance. it can be challenging on heavy snow days, however i once drove in the middle of a snow storm from IL to ND! My mechanic says i have to let her go soon, recently the coolant has been leaking into the engine block and tends to overheat while iddling in hot days in heavy traffic.I will defintely buy another one. :))"

great powertrain, minimal cost for upkeep

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

"Got the car with 15,000 and have put ~60k on over 6 years. Has required only minimal maintenance. Looks great, paint has stood up well, interior has stood up well. Only complaints have to do with the seating and ride. You have to kind of put this car on as opposed to just opening the door and sitting down. You climb in and out, the seat is very low and best suited for someone 5' 10" or less as the seat does not have enough adjustment for my 6' frame. It is not the best in the snow, even with studded snows all around. There again it is a mustang and it was not built for snow. Overall very good with above exceptions."

its alright

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "too small"

"no comment"

More reliable than my new car was

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Great styling. Easier to work on than most cars."

Cons: "Might be tricky for some in snow."

"I sold a 2008 Dodge for this and I am happy because it's not cheaply made. The parts are more well made. My Dodge had plastic like the thermostat housing and other cheaply made things I replaced within a year or two. I figured with my Dodge if the plastic broke within 2 years it will break soon break again. The only complaint is the rear main seal leaked. But with this car I am saving with car taxes and insurance. So having the seal go is really nothing. I would say put long tube sand in the trunk or buy Blizz tires for the winter, That's what they tell me. I have Bridgestone 17 inch tires with long sand bags for the winter. But still it was a little tricky but I made it. Actually the sand might have done a good job with the back end. The rear end of these cars tend to fish tail if you are going TOO FAST IN THE SNOW. I drove mine all winter. Some people don't. So that's the warning about driving the snow."

I Love It

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No CD player"

"As you can tell, I absolutely love this car. I bought it new and have no plans to get rid of it. I only have about 49,000 miles on it and most of those are highway miles. It's never had any major problems or issues, handles like a charm and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere . I'm a 64 year old grandmother and this is the 3rd Mustang I've had. Doesn't hurt that it's a convertible either:-)"

My Mustang Sally has been good to me!!!

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful model. Cleans up beautifully. FUN, FUN"

Cons: "Needs new top and tires."

"The reason that I place a lot of value on my car, Sally, is because she has been so dependable. She has only had a few minor problems that were easily fixed and I have records of those repairs and also of all the regular checkups she has received. I am just in need now of a vehicle that gets better gas mileage due to the fact that with my jobs, I have to do a lot of driving. She actually gets probably about 18-22 mpg. I need something that gets more in the 30-40 mpg range at this point in my life. She is still a beauty to me when she's all cleaned up. She does however need a new top because it is worn and has to be covered up or put in a garage. She also needs new tires. Otherwise, she deserves a score of 10 from me for her dependability, fun, and smiles she has given me! Truthfully, I don't really want to sell her and I will probably cry when I do!"

Great car

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "to small, cops love to pull this car over"

"This car is great... runs really well. I have about 130,000 roughly! its been on road trips and this car has done great, the only thing mpg is kinda rough, don't get the greatest gas millage. not as comfy neither but it's a sports car what do u except! Also, had to change spark plugs twice, but other than that, i've had no real issues!"

Great car for 16 years!

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "It's a head turner."

"This car has been garaged. Top is like new.glass rear window. Only basic maintenances has been done ,like brakes, shocks, alignment, rad flush, a good road car and gets 22-24 mpg Highway, 19-20 city. Very reliable. Miles per year - 6330. A good car for tooling around, or a first car for someone. It could be a great car to work on for show!"

My favorite car.

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "The car runs strong and ac is nice."

Cons: "Minor dings."

What year is your pony? :)

"The previous owner was a mechanic and took very good care of the car. The car runs perfect. Tags are due and I can't afford to make it right, so I'm selling the best car I have ever owned."

What year is your pony? :)

This Mustang is a showroom car

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "Joy to drive"

Cons: "No GPS"

"One owner retired. Never seen snow or salt. 5 on the floor, fast car with 5.0 liter engine. Original top. Second set of tires.Very clean.Low milage"

strong 3.8 v6. power to spare. its a head turner.

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "make you want to race everyone"

Cons: "hard to get in back seats . gets police attention."

"v6 uses no oil awesome sounding v6,sound like a v8, its yellow,after market mags & low profile tires.very good second car.and has overdrive & traction control."

My Third Mustang, and would still buy another.

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"My first mustang was a 67 coupe with the straight 6, it lasted until an uninsured drunk rear ended it (TOTALED). My next Mustang was the 89 with the 4 Cylinder. This one also lasted forever. Sold it because I could not get the A/C repaired for less than the car was worth. This one was beat to heck when I bought it. (needed paint, brakes, ball joints & exhaust) After about $400 in parts (no engine work) it's dependable & haven't had any problems."

pretty if it was painted

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "top needs paint"

"car needs paint bad, clear coat is comming off, top is in bad condition"

best car ever!

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "most amazing car i have ever owned!"

Cons: "not one"

"I should be on a ford commercial!i bought my mustang new in 2000 (my first new car) I normaly bought program cars and traded them in every 2-4 years. my mustang is now 14 years old and I really don't want to sell it, but my kids now live hours away and I fell in love with the ford fusion hybrid and love the gas mileage!i don't have room for 2 vehicals. I get compliments all the time on my bahama blue mustang nonstop and will cry when we depart:("

Owned since new

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Great price, Mach speakers, good looking vehicle"

Cons: "No cons, but upgraded stereo recently"

"Ten years old and keeps on going. 90,000 miles and very little maintenance. No plans to ever sell."

Reliable, looks good, easy and cheap to maintain

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Reason: Had to leave the ountry

Pros: "Great Value, Fun to drive, Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Interior always felt a little cheap"

"I bought my 1998 Ford Mustang in 2002 and drove it until 2010. It served me well through high school and college. I did maintain this car very well. It never gave me any major issues and anytime I had to make an unscheduled repair it wasn't too expensive. This car never left me stranded at anytime. I left the country due to military service in 2010 and kept the car at my parent's house. The car did break down right before I left in 2010 right before I left. We suspected the fuel pump was the issue. We replaced the fuel pump today because I'm selling it to my little brother. As soon as we replaced the pump it started first try. After three years of sitting it's running great. This has been the best car for the value I've ever owned."

awesome car I never get tired of driving it!

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

"Love this car!"

fun, sporty, dependable car

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "very low mileage in excellent condition"

"convertible..silver with black top.. in great shape..always garaged..MUSTANG decals on side panels..very low mileage..retired schoolteacher owns who drove only locally...one small crease in driver side rear fender.."

very economical

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"very dependable. bought from son in law and has original paint job, tires are 1 yr old original rims."

A 12-year love affair-

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Pure fun to drive! It handles like no other Stang"

Cons: "It's a convertible! there will be road noise!"

"I have owned my Cobra convertible for 12-years- and I absolutely love this car- from the day I drove it off the lot in July 2002 it has been a pure joy to drive and experience. If you search for this car on line, you will see it- Laser-Red, black top, black and charcoal interior, original SVT chrome rims, spoiler, I have kept the car totally "stock" intentionally. The engine is clean enough to eat off of. A joy to drive and a real "head turner"- additionally I have custom made seat covers for it- SVT full and half bra, full Mustang car cover and carry bag for it, mint convertible boot cover, all original instructions and data. Oil changes every 3K. In 2008 I replaced the convertible top at the highest ranked custom convertible shop in metro Detroit- with lifetime warranty- with virtually the same material as original. Again, I preferred to keep the car factory-stock. As standard maintenance, I had both front ball joints replaced with greased fittings (not available in newer cars any longer!), Tye rods, and the rear axle replaced, again, by one of the highest ranked shops in metro Detroit in 2011. Over the years my Cobra was slightly damaged three times (Alway while parked!) NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE of any kind resulted. Right rear bumper was hit on a sub-zero day which resulted in its replacement with one of the LAST 2001 ORIGINAL NEW 2001 Cobra facia bumpers left in North America. Left front quarter panel was hit well above the tire-line while I was gasing the car up (!) by a pick-up truck. All the work was done brilliantly in painting- and is seemless. All data available on the Cobra at request. This is one of 372 or less (I recall) of 6400 hundred made in this color combination (Black on black being the most prevalent. In 2001 major automotive magazines rated this model Cobra as superior to the Camero Z-28/SS & Firebird models from the factory. It is also very rare in that it has independent rear suspension- not a live axle."

Great car

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive."

Cons: "Does not to real well on N. MI icy roads"

"This is a great car for anyone wanting a sporty vehicle. It currently has almost new snow treads on it. It does not do real well in Northern Michigan winters."

The most fun to drive of any car I have owned.

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Cons: "Should have chime on parking brake handle."

Side view.

"Well built and excellent condition for a 16 year old vehicle. High speed ride and handling much better than I expected."

Side view.

Out of all of my collector cars, this is fun.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Performance, looks, handling."

Cons: "If you are over 6 feet tall it may be difficult."

1997 Mustang Cobra SVT

"This car has the looks, comfort and performance that makes it a fun car to drive. Turns heads, even though it is not the most expensive car on the road. Out of all of my collector cars this one is most fun."

1997 Mustang Cobra SVT