1996 Ford Mustang

Based on 1904 Ratings for the 1994 - 2004 models.

Mustangs ford great pony car

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "It just keeps going an going"

"I purchased the mustang convertible V6 Nov 2002 with the pony package,GT hood scoop and rear spoiler, in red fire metallic with a black top.Today 9 years and 47500 later the car is showroom new condition,with only the tires having been replaced Their was never a breakdown or a problem of any kind. I get 27mpg hwy 22mpg city THANKS!!! FORD nice ride."

Extremely Reliable

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"I bought this car with 83,000 miles and have driven it to 103,000 miles. I have NEVER had a check engine light come on. The vehicle has ran flawlessly since I have had it. The transmission has never done anything funny. The engine runs like it is new. And for a V6 it is pretty impressive. It ran consistent low 16's at the local track. My only complaint is the factory V6 wheels Ford tacked onto the 1999 and 2000 model. Very distasteful. Ford needs to do better on the wheels."

Nice Car!

By on Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Too small a back seat."

Side view

"This is a really nice car to drive and own. I have owned it for a year and a half and the only thing I have had to do to it was put on new tires, other than that it has been very reliable, starts right away every time, runs great, has great pickup for a V-6, rides nice, better than a Volkswagen Jetta which was my one of my previously owned vehicles, has good gauges; temp, oil pressure, battery, fuel and a tachometer. The only drawback to this car is the back seat is very small for an adult, I haven't put anybody in it, I don't know if an adult could even fit in it or not, it is quite tight. A large size adult could definitely not fit in it. The engine and drivetrain are quite tight and haven't loosened up at all in the year and a half that I have driven it, which is one thing I love about this car, it must be built out of some quality metal. Also the body doesn't rattle at all, which is another thing I love about this car. I am getting a little tired of shifting it though, which is one reason why I am thinking about getting a different car with an automatic transmission. I do a lot of city driving though, which is why it is tiresome. On the bright side though, it is kind of fun some of the time. When I first got this car, the tires were almost worn out and the first winter, I got stuck all the time. After I put new Goodyear tires on it the next winter, the difference was awesome, I could drive anywhere a front wheel drive car could go, I rarely got stuck, only once in about 6 inches of snow. With the old tires I would get stuck in 2 inches of snow. And the new ones are not even snow tires! The seat is very comfortable so long drives are enjoyable and there is adequate legroom and I am 6'0" and the cruise control is nice. The stereo is nice too, with adequate bass, and it has a 6 CD changer, so you can load plenty of music in it. Also it has 6 speakers with two at dash level on the doors which is nice, with two at foot level in the doors, with two in the rear panels."

Side view

very reliable.

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Air/heat conditioning. nice sound system installed"

Cons: "wear and tear on steering wheel. trunk"

"I have had this car since 2010 and have never had any problems with it."

Darn good car

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "great car and stylish car"

Cons: "needs headlight and hood repaired due to hit & run"

"This has hands down been the most reliable car I have ever owned and by far the cheapest money wise to repair an maintain"