2015 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,553 - $22,088.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

10/8.6

Based on 209 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

No real problems

By on Friday, July 15, 2016

Pros: "looks, reliability"

Cons: "none so far"

"I drive for uber so I've put a lot of miles in a short time. just about everyone that rides talks about how smooth the ride is and the room in the back seat. To date it has been in shop only for oil changes, brakes and a recall for the oil change indicator although it is time to change the spark plugs. the only mistake I make in purchasing this car was buying the extended warranty that was a total waste of money."

completely satisfied

By on Saturday, July 2, 2016

Pros: "Ride, Gas mileage"

Cons: "None that I can think of so far"

"I am actually getting better mileage than the sticker indicated. Pleasant surprise. The Fusion Hybrid has an excellent ride. Switching from battery drive to gasoline drive is practically seamless. This car has exceeded my expectations. I usually trade every three or four years but I am thinking this car is a keeper. Didn't give a ten out of ten because nothing is perfect, but this comes close."

Great Value for a Midsize Car

By on Monday, January 4, 2016

Pros: "Great value and good looking body"

Cons: "Front air dam is low so dips could bottom out car."

"We have had this car for a little over a month. Got the 2016 SE with the 2.5 Ltr Motor. Car drives great and gets about 28 mpg combined with mostly highway miles. Really quite and drives great. Took some time getting used to the electronics and radio controls. Defrosts great with the max defrost buttons. Like the way the windshield wipers wipe from middle to the outsides of windshield. Wiped the melted snow right off of the windshield. Sirius Radio works great. The backup camera is updated from our 2013 Expedition so now it has the projected direction of backing according to how the steering wheel is turning. Makes backing even easier. Fit and trim are good and very little road noise. Got a great deal before Thanksgiving. Dealer came off of sticker almost $7000. Looking forward to years of fun driving."

Excellent overall, would change a few design items

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, lots of storage"

Cons: "terrible console design, bad sight lines"

"Rented this car for a 2 week 7000 mile roadtrip. Loved driving it. Long straight roads, dirt roads,city, major mountain crossings, and the beautiful but terrifying highwway 1. No matter where we were it was fun to drive. Had the hybrid model and averaged 38 mpg. Had it at 42 in the east. Trunk was a little tight, but it was good for the 4 us. As for design I loved the no cap gas tank, the door storage was excellent and the glove box shelf let's you keep things organized. There was even space under the seats to shove things, front and back. There was also space in the rear window to set things without blocking your view. Loved the adjustable headrest for the driver, it gave support without you realizing it. The main design item we hated was the center console. The flat part with storage was to far back and was awkward to get into, even for the passenger. Unfortunately this was also where the ports were located, so we were in it a lot. The cup holders are right where you put your arm, so if something was in it you would keep hitting it. There was no where to put change, and the hole behind the gear shift was useless. It also made the driver a bit to enclosed, there was a lot more space on the passenger side. The other thing that was difficult was the high windows. You couldn't rest your arm on them and the way the window supports came down from the windshield really limits your sight lines. Overall I loved the storage, comfort and drive ability of this car."

The 2013 Fusion is phenomenal

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"This car is so advanced it was a little unsettling at first. With things like My Ford Touch, adaptive cruise control and navigation this car leaped way into the future compared to the last new vehicle (2005 F250 Crew Cab Diesel) I bought back in 2004. Of coarse most of the new technology items on the Fusion are now available on Ford trucks. Driving on the freeway in slow moving traffic (55 to 60 MPH)I have recorded 35 to 37 MPG. Away from town on fast moving freeways (70+ MPH) the millage drops to 32 MPG. Around town my wife gets just under 23 MPG. Gas millage is wonderful and the 2 Liter Ecoboost engine has real get up and go when you need power. Ford is way ahead of everyone."

really nice change from camry

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"i was not sure at first about quality becouse i hade a bad experiance with ford but ford is now very reliable and really really good quality and amazing mpg i love my ford and now only buy american cars there really reliable"

Great car, makes people look

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "new design, smooth riding, modern conviences"

Cons: "small quality issuses, engine noise above average"

"This car has the looks...People look to see what kind of car it is.....I had the rear windows tinted and put a set of wheels on it...The color is deep impact blue....Only two complaints are the electric fans are on the noisy side and the engine gets buzzy under hard acellaration ....."

This car is more than I thought it would be.

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Good price, Quiet & fun to drive."

Cons: "I can't say anything bad about it."

"We special ordered a 2015 Fusion Titanium. Love the looks, it's a head turner. We choose the "Brick Red" interior & wheel package, moonroof & white platnium paint. The car drives & handles great. At eighty miles per hour there is no wind noise to be heard inside. Very quiet. No problem with Sync, we found it easy to use. The 2.0 Turbo EcoBoost engine gives all the power you will ever need. It wants to go. I can't say enough about this car. I've had a lot of compliments about this car but the best one was,"it's awesome"."

A super car that is worth the money

By on Monday, August 4, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and excellent MPG"

Cons: "Do not open one window slow down over road dips"

"First the negative things about the car. Can not open a back window while driving over 35 mph because of the noise from air rushing in (I open the window for Rover). Front is close to ground and care must be exercised in going over dips that exist in cross streets for water drainage. In my case I exceed the window mpg but that is because how I drive. Driving speed limit on highway computer shows about 37 mpg. Driving at 55 or so the computer indicates 40 or more. Increased speed drops the mpg substantially. Road noise is minimal and handling is firm with the car begging to go faster. The small eco boost engine has plenty of power and acceleration. Sirius XM is free for 6 month and care musst be exercised in extending the service as the sales reps are unscrupulos and you might get a prepaid Visa to pay or do a check - something that they can not arbitralily use. I love the car and find no trouble driving up Arizona hills but it is annoying when the car down shifts going down a hill. Brakes are good and the dual area AC is excellent."

Best Car I've Owned Yet!

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Everything - 2015 Hybrid Titanium Fusion"

Cons: "None Yet!"

My Neewwww Caaarrrrr!!!

"Read reviews, rented, and drove many variants of the Ford Fusion lines... JUST GOT MINE TODAY!!!! I chose the Titanium Hybrid with nearly all the perks you could get...except...I wasn't interested in the driving assistance package...felt it would distract me too much really. There's a lot going on in the dash and the console to really distract you while driving. I suggest you get it home and play with it, do not attempt to really do much with it while driving your first few trips out. Once comfortable with that, then you can go in and customize your screens and familiarize your self a little better. The interior is sharp, very elegant. I like it better than the MKZ, which gets the alright,alright,alright! from everyone usually as the more luxurious model...for wood-grain? Anyhow, the interior lighting is awesome, the dash and consoles have everything you could desire, nearly at the drivers fingertips and the onscreen Sony system is pretty good. I did notice as other reviews have pointed out, the screen could be a little sluggish. I liked the "navigation" feature, but wish i could connect my phone to the video screen and use my tomtom or google maps ...speaking of phones...my iPhone 6 plus found the Bluetooth SYNC device no problems, downloaded my contacts, and perfectly streams my music right from any app to the radio system. The drive...well my first drive, was coming home tonight from work...about 50 miles one way, I chose this car due to my driving circumstances, I drive 100+ miles per day, and wanted a fuel efficient vehicle. I immediately found myself going 95 and definitely NOT the speed limit, but the smoothness of the ride was so great that I couldn't even tell I was moving that fast...set the cruise, and it held at 94 MPH that was kinda nice to see... SO, after about 5 minutes of fun, I dialed it back down, and started paying attention to the "driving coach". This tells you how good you're driving...like i said, get familiarized with the dash at home, I had to be careful not to get sucked into them, and pay attention to the road. But once I arrived home, I changed, picked up a friend, and went for another 50 mile round trip drive... The vehicle and all its hybrid incentives make this car my favorite I've ever owned. I can see myself recommending this to everyone I know, and letting them come join me for a test ride ...till i get maybe 20k miles on it before anyone drives it :)) And the car thanked me for driving it too...after I was told my driving rating for that trip...94 PERCENT!! woohoo guess that's not to shabby. A home run, but a company I've never owned a car from!"

My Neewwww Caaarrrrr!!!

So smooth, yet fun to drive.

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, looks and ride"

Cons: "Differnt type of power"

My new ride....

"I have owned many Fords over the years, and I was in the market for a mid size sedan this year. I looked at many different cars and it came down to a Camry or a Fusion and I just liked the Fusion the best, I was worried about being able to fit in a car, I am 6'3" and a big guy but this one is great! Plenty of room. What I like best is that it just looks so cool."

My new ride....

Fusion SE 2.0 Ecoboost

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Ride, handling, very quiet cabin."

Cons: "Sirius Radio; small trunk opening."

2013 Ford Fusion SE at Christ Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia

"BEST FEATURES: The 2.0T Ecoboost is superb; the same motor as in the 2013 Jaguar XF and Volvo XC-60. I am getting 24 mpg in mixed driving. The Fusion is the quietest, smoothest-riding sedan I have ever owned (including a Volvo S-80, Volvo 960 and Honda Accord). The leather seats in SE trim are a little different design than in the Titanium; so check them both out. I bought my Fusion SE with the 2.0-liter turbo and Equipment Group 205A (Luxury Package). That combination includes most of the Titanium features as a lower cost. WORST FEATURE: The sound quality of the Ford Sirius radio is a surprising disappointment. The six-speaker audio system is excellent on CD / USB modes, and very good on FM. But the Fusion satellite radio sounds tinny and flat. I have listened to XM for many years on an after-market Commodore satellite radio in my Volvo, so I know what Sirius-XM should sound like. If the dealer can’t fix this, I will not renew free 6-month Sirius subscription. Satellite radio aside, I am happy with my purchase. The Fusion is a refined, very satisfying car to drive. I suggest that any buyer test one and see for yourself."

2013 Ford Fusion SE at Christ Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia

Incredibly solid, comfortable, and quiet!

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "So solidly built, very responsive to driver input."

Cons: "Does require person to take time to learn controls"

"We've owned the Titanium 2.0 liter turbo for 1 month and have nothing but praise for it. Driving dynamics, quietness, quality, solid build, and very good fuel economy (averaging 30 mpg--we live rural with little traffic so in town would be less). We still find ourselves commenting what a great car it is. I'm the "anti-technology" guy and find that I need to spend a little time getting used to the controls. I feel the design is head and shoulders above the Camry and Accord. Also, I think it drives better than either of those and feels better built."

2014 Fusion S in Oxford White

By on Saturday, July 2, 2016

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, handling, style."

Cons: "Payments for another 4 years or so."

"Purchased new in March of 2014 and have driven it from Central Texas to Alabama and back on my first road trip in it. Absolutely no problems with the car until this past March. Car started slamming itself into reverse when first started in the morning and went to back out of the garage. Checked online and found a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) for this very problem. Took the car to my dealer and they corrected the issue promptly. Seems there was a problem with the valve body and some relays in the transmission. Now the car drives and operates correctly, with no more harsh shifting at cold startup. This car replaced a 2007 Edge with 126000 miles on it and absolutely no problems whatsoever. The Edge averaged 25 MPG and the Fusion is returning 35.8 avg. MPG. With a lower payment and better mileage, I'm saving over $50 per month! I love it! The Fusion is also quieter than the Edge was and the engine is easier to service. A win, win win situation. If you are looking for a good, solid,reliable midsize sedan, look no further."

GREAT CAR!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

"I have owned the new 2013 Fusion since it was realeased back in September 2012. I do a lot of highway driving and seem to get about 32-35 mpg on the highway. My overall average mpg is about 26, but that because I cant help but rip into the floor boards with my pedal every once in a while. I have the 1.6 Turbocharged Inline 4 in my fusion, its more than enough power to get you off that line in front of a lot of other people. If you want a flashy, sexy, comfortable, stylish, clean, quick car at a good price.... Buy a 2013 Ford Fusion... I'm certainly not looking back."

Best Hybrid in it's class maybe ever.

By on Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage and price"

"I have driven this car 2497 miles and I have averaged 44.3 miles per gallon actual with both city and freeway driving. It is very comfortable and is by far the best car Ford has built in the family car class. I tried every thing in it's class before I bought it and nothing compares. It is very quiet and I have been averaging 46.4 miles per gallon in the city. It will not get 47/47 as advertised but you have to learn how to drive a hybrid. Braking is essential. You cannot just stomp on the break. you must plan ahead and drive very conservative to obtain good gas mileage. All of the car company's are over estimating gas mileage. Ford is still the leader in this category. My mileage is not the readings in the instrument cluster. It is actual miles divided by gallons used. It is about time American made cars compete with the rest of the world. I think in most cases the Euorpean cars are very over priced for what you get. Most of the car magazines also over rate them. Instead of testing them like an average guy would drive them, they drive like crazy men."

Great Car!

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "The Complete Package -not your standard appliance."

Cons: "no manual trans with the 2.0L engine"

"First off let me say I really wanted a Mustang, but the climate in my area, gas prices, and unusable space made me think otherwise... This car is every bit as attention getting as the Mustang, far more practical, great gas mileage, loaded with features that were only available in high end luxury cars just a couple years ago! My car is the Titanium Model with all the trimmings, and after 5,000 miles of seat time, I'm very pleased with the complete package. I did NOT want to drive an average appliance car (i.e Accord or Camry), The Fusion is fun to drive, handles amazing for the size of the car, gets good gas mileage (28 mpg average to date) and acceleration is brisk with the 2.0L engine. The Technology is amazing. My Ford Touch has come a long way since it was first released, a solid recommendation now. If you want an appliance, buy an Accord or Camry, if you want something with great looks and driving dynamics, get this car. You won't be disappointed!"

Solid construction

By on Monday, April 6, 2015

Pros: "Great options and gas mileage is better than some"

Cons: "B pillars are blinding without mirrors"

"This car is extremely comfortable with room to spare, the trunk is huge, like an old 70's Lincoln, the trunk opening is small so no BBQ grills from the super market, ... The 6 speed automatic helps with the 2.5L engine, very quiet ride. The stereo is extremely impressive! Very dynamic and abundant bass for even the youngest drivers! The Microsoft SYNC is odd to use, updates a lot and going from a 04 Mazda to the 13 fusion, leaps and bounds in terms of technology. The color I chose is called ginger ale, it definitely is strange but it grows on you, on a sunny day it looks green, on an overcast day it looks sorta brown and boy, does it hide dirt and grime well, one month without a wash and other than the brake dust on the tires you could never tell, so in the long haul I will see if it holds up to its other cousin... The Mazda6"

2013 1.6L EcoBoost - I'll buy another

By on Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pros: "Highly functional, excellent for drivers, quality."

Cons: "Seating is literally a pain in the neck."

"Purchased the car in early 2013 - my 4th vehicle - and have since put ~60,000 miles on it. After driving a Grand Marquis, Taurus (3.2 DOHC V6), and Town & Country, this is by far the sportiest vehicle, most user-friendly, and best mix of utility and comfort for long drives. The tiny engine is not lacking: quick off the line and not a bad highway/passing vehicle. I have a lead foot and rarely felt like I need more horses. It stops on a dime - EXCELLENT stopping control. The luxury package is good for the price. Sync controls took a bit to get used to, but now I couldn't think of a 4+ hour drive without Sync, the cruise controls, or comfort of the A/C. Trunk space is adequate and gets better when you add in the rear seat-to-trunk opening which is the entire cutout, not just a small hole like on Camrys. I fit three mountain bikes in the car with a passenger. My big issue is the headrest - it's way angled forward, so you're almost tilting your chin to your chest, but other than that, I've had no problems save for a factory recall on the fuel pump. The half-sythetic engine oil is pricey - around $10 per quart. The Michelin Energy Saver AS tires are a plus, the Turbo gets a bit bogged down in the cold, so the car handles relatively well if you're comfortable in heavy snow/ice, but no huge reduction in performance from summer to winter. It started fine when we have those great -20F degree mornings. It's fun, affordable, and has high utility. Definitely a car for commuters looking for features and a great look."

Best Hybrid on the Market

By on Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pros: "It will get 47/47 miles per gallon"

"My Fusion is a Hybrid SE model and only lacks two options that are available for the SE. My Mileage at4775.7 using 98.63 gallons of gas was 48.42. This was combined freeway and city driving, mostly 20.2 miles back and forth to work and church. The car is wonderful to drive and very comfortable. I have owned several luxury cars and this is the best car I have ever owned (owned over 50 cars). The quality is just great. I have not driven the car in the mountains and I am anxious to do so to see what that does with the gas mileage?"

So Happy with the 2016 Ford Fusion

By on Friday, January 29, 2016

Pros: "Quiet, realiable, fun to drive transportation"

Cons: "touch sensitive buttons on previous model years."

"I had a lease on a 2014 Fustion...and just signed another lease on a 2016 with more options. Love this car! It has the 1.5 engine...it's tiny but mighty. Love the fact the 2016 ditched the touch sensitive buttons for hard buttons...and really never had any issues with My Ford Touch. It's a good system...REALLY! I was actually waiting for the 2017's and when they made it's debut, there wasn't much change...so opted for the 2016 instead."

Best Car For the Money

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Amazing ride, handling, looks. Good mpgs & tech"

Cons: "Passenger seat could use higher adjustment"

"The Fusion is now the best mid size car in the market. Period. The base engine is wonderful - the others just add to the fun.Have driven them all, and the 2.5 was just fine for me. The car is quiet as a vault, handles like sports sedan and has a super smooth ride without sacrificing steering feel and fun. I have a 2014 SE and I have no complaints, no problems. If I could make any changes - make the passenger seat adjustment higher. It sits a little low. Everything else: Perfect. Have owned Accords, (which I loved), GM sedans which always turned into disasters in one way or another, Altimas and many other competing models. This thing rocks for a decent price. It drives as good as it looks and there is nothing remotely cheap about it. Toyotas are reliable but BORING. I was always a Honda guy, but this car is just more fun and beautiful than the Accord. We'll see how it holds up - my guess is it will hold up just fine. My friends with older Fusions had no problems. It is simply a better car than it's mid size competitors. You cannot go wrong."

great car but some odities

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "great looks and drivetrain nice seats good audio"

Cons: "small letters/numbers on the informaton displays"

"I traded in a 09 town and country limited for this car. (We still have a 2011 for the Greyhounds). Nothing wrong with the T&C but I really like the Fusion. I got the deep red ( extra cost) with tan interior. The sync is easy to get used to and I like the use of the thumb drive for media storage. I got the SE upgrade which makes it look like a titanium without the cost but came with the two liter eco-boost. However, there are a few little oddities. For instance I have the pull the button to set the hand break. You would think pushing down would set it like you do with your foot pedal but it is just the opposite: pull up to set, push down to release. The menus on all the items (heat, radio, etc. are very small to read, especially considering the size of the screen. I set mine before I leave the garage so I do not have to play with them on the road. The left side has the clusters for MPG, DTE, tire pressure, etc. Very small numbers and letters. The tach, temp and fuel are much easier to read. Again, I review or reset my items before I leave. These are all minor but there is one glaring error with the Bliss system. In my Chrysler there was a tone that went along with the blind spot detector to let you know there was something in the blind spot. Not so with the ford. It just blinks. I have gotten use to it by double checking my side view mirrors, but the tone would be nice. The ride is great, the build quality is very good, the power is great (2.0 Liter), the transmission is smooth. The sweet spot for going to 6th gear is 45 MPH. I have to remember to dip my head when getting in. The door opening is not as big as a van. If I had to do it again I would have opted for the titanium but that is that. What I have is very nice and I enjoy it. Get the weather tech floor mats and trunk liner. You will be happy in the long run."

Best Car I've Owned

By on Friday, September 6, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Power, Ease of Driving"

Cons: "None so far."

"Drives so smooth & so quiet. LOTS of power. 1.6 Ecoboost Engine has so much torque & power. I still have a hard time believing it is such a tiny engine. The gas mileage is amazing. I average 32....but get as high was 41 on the highway. Very fun car to drive on a country road in sport mode. Regular drive is smooth and very quiet...but in sport the car growls a little and the engine braking when you apply the brakes for a turn is very cool. So far I have no complaints with this car. Navigation/Ford My Touch system is amazing. DO NOT understand why so many don't like it. I've had it in 3 new cars so far and love the system. Definitely the best car out there."

2nd one I've owned

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Great value, superior tech and better driving."

Cons: "Funky trunk"

"I traded in my 2010 Fusion Hybrid for this one, a 2013 Fusion Hybrid. There have been significant improvements. The ceiling height is higher. The ride is more substantial. There is less cabin noise. The electric mode is stronger and less likely to easily switch back to gas. I can add acceleration a bit and it can stay in electric. This was not the case in my other one. I have been able to get 40 mpg and on the old one it was around 36. The trunk is a bit invaded by the battery. It creates an uneven surface for the floor. Although I found the space a bit more usefull than the old one and I love the fold down seats. This model came with memory seats. My wife and I are very different heights and this is a major convenience. The mirrors even adjust with it. The new model also has a telescoping wheel. The trunk actually releases to a fully open position and not just popped. I got a good trade in on my old hybrid and was able to get a decent deal on the new. Very happy."