2015 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,977 - $26,758.

10/8.6

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Absolutely LOVE this car!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, loads of fun to drive"

"We purchased our Fusion this past Novmber and are so happy with it! It is stylish, fun to drive (it has a 6 speed manny tranny!) gets awesome gas mileage, has a ton of power, is extremely roomy and comfortable and is everything we wanted. We could not be happier!"

Best Car in the market. Exceeded my expectations

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Engine, Fuel Economy, Exterior and interior design"

Cons: "Wiper blades are not effective"

"I own this car and absolutely love driving it around. The muffled roar of the 1.6 ecoboost engine is simply amazing and the car looks like a killer on the streets. I also added the luxury package with the black powder coat rims which makes this car a head turner for sure. The interior is simply elegant and symmetric(not a lot of cars are) and the feel of the car is no less than a luxury sedan. The only complain I have is the windshield wiper is not very effective during heavy rains and needs to be redesigned. Overall for the price and performance, this car is a steal and Ford has totally redesigned its image with this car."

Love this vehicle

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Tech & convenience options, MPG"

Cons: "Getting used to all the buttons and layout"

"We traded our old Toyota in for this vehicle and we are loving it so far! I was driving the family Escape (spouse now driving it), so I'm having to get used to the different handling of the vehicle, but that'll come over time. The tech & convenience options are nothing I've had are great - no more awkward cords as my phone can no sync up with the car. The turn signal mechanism and windshield wipers take some getting used to, but once you do, you don't even think twice about it. The car is comfy for our family of 4 and the trunk space is unreal. And, of course, love the exterior design."

2nd one I've owned

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Great value, superior tech and better driving."

Cons: "Funky trunk"

"I traded in my 2010 Fusion Hybrid for this one, a 2013 Fusion Hybrid. There have been significant improvements. The ceiling height is higher. The ride is more substantial. There is less cabin noise. The electric mode is stronger and less likely to easily switch back to gas. I can add acceleration a bit and it can stay in electric. This was not the case in my other one. I have been able to get 40 mpg and on the old one it was around 36. The trunk is a bit invaded by the battery. It creates an uneven surface for the floor. Although I found the space a bit more usefull than the old one and I love the fold down seats. This model came with memory seats. My wife and I are very different heights and this is a major convenience. The mirrors even adjust with it. The new model also has a telescoping wheel. The trunk actually releases to a fully open position and not just popped. I got a good trade in on my old hybrid and was able to get a decent deal on the new. Very happy."

An OK car but has issues unrelated to the hybrid.

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, decent ride and handling."

Cons: "Gas savings not worth the high price."

"The Ford Fusion Hybrid is probably the best driving hybrid out of the several that I tried. Or maybe I could describe it as being the "least weird." I found the Hondas and Toyotas far too quirky to even consider, IMO. The Fusion drives pretty much like a regular car. After owning it for a year, though, it has annoyed me enough that I'm considering trading it. It does get great gas mileage (high 40s to low 50s in mixed driving) but it has some serious design issues which have nothing to do with it being a hybrid. 1. Projector beam headlights provide poor illumination. I can't see the edges of the road but frequently get flashed by oncoming traffic. 2. Climate control has a mind of its own, even in the manual mode, and not in a good way. 3. Sound system (basic Sync) has counter-intuitive controls, e.g. no stop button for CD/MP3. 4. Be careful how you put back the wipers after clearing snow, etc. If you don't do it just right, they get tangled and can cause major damage! 5. I had all 4 doors wide open for an hour or so, vacuuming, washing windows, etc. I decided to check the oil... Doors still open, I popped the hood, the (factory) alarm goes off! It took several tries to reset it. 6. The 'A' pillars are rather thick and block your view when making turns or changing lanes. Hybrid related: 1. Weak acceleration on the highway. 2. The gas engine is noisy and vibrates a lot. 3. In winter, when the gas engine is not running (i.e. stuck in traffic) there's NO cabin heat. Yes, you can crank it up all the way, but then the gas engine runs continuously, defeating the purpose of a hybrid. None of these things are unique to the Fusion; they're common to all hybrids. The Fusion Hybrid does ride and handle well, winter driving is good with ABS and traction control standard. The seats are somewhat uncomfortable but better than some other hybrids I tried. So far, I've had no defects or failures of any kind. To get the most out of a hybrid, you should have a basic understanding of how it works. Avoid rapid acceleration and hard braking. Coasting down every hill and long, gentle stops recharge the batteries = free energy! The guys in the big 4x4 trucks don't like it when you "regenerate" but they'll get over it. Let 'em pass you. Aggressive, "hotfoot" and "zoom and brake" drivers need not apply, your gas mileage will be WORSE with a hybrid than with a conventional car! Avoid using the cruise control. Turn it on and watch your "Average MPG" reading drop. Cruise controls were not designed for hybrids. Air conditioning tends to put a bigger dent in a hybrid's fuel economy than in a conventional car. It's electric and drains the batteries quickly, causing the gas engine to run more frequently. In conclusion: Drive a hybrid if you want to save the world, but not if you want to save money. They're expensive to buy, expensive to maintain and have poor resale value. If you're considering a hybrid, rent one for a week before you buy. I wish I had done that..."