2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,983 - $21,688.

10/7.9

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Ford has a real winner here.

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Best value for your dollar in a car today"

Cons: "Nothing of significance"

"Bought the car 26 June and drove 5400 miles around the country on vacation, getting home 1 Aug. Drove cities, back roads, freeways, Rocky Mts, Blue ridge Mts, etc. The car was a lot of fun and real enjoyable to drive. Got 44.3 mpg avg for these 5400 miles. Actually got 173 mpg for a 30 mile leg in Utah when I was able to keep it in EV almost the whole way. Rides and handles super (I'm used to driving high performance cars, so I'm very picky about this aspect of a car.) And I love the quietness of the ride. If folks knew what they can get for the bucks in this car, Ford is going to sell a lot of them."

Misleading MPG

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "Lost of room and looks nice for a hybrid car"

Cons: "No where near the actual advertised MPG"

"Dashboard Fuel Economy Average MPG is misleading. I reset the Fuel Economy indicator AND the Trip 1 mileage counter every single time I fill the tank. When I get the Fuel Low alarm I consistently get "50 - 52" average MPG but I also consistently get 560 miles on the Trip 1 counter (500 miles used plus the computer estimated 60 miles left in the tank). Unless I'm missing something, 560 miles divided by 13.5 gallons is only 41 MPG, not the misleading 52 MPG indicator on the dashboard. I don't know what kind of average Ford uses to estimate MPG. I use simple math"

love the car but there in no spare tire

By on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pros: "GREAT GAS MILLAGE"

Cons: "NO SPARE TIRE"

"love the millage and the ride but I am worried about NO SPARE TIRE. I WENT TO FORD AND ASKED ABOUT BUYING A DONUT TO PUT IN MY TRUNK AND THEY SAID NONE AVAILABLE. I CALL FORDS ROAD SIDE AND THEY TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO BE TOWED TO A FORD DEALER WITHIN 35 MILES. WHEN I ASKED THEM WHAT ABOUT ME THEY SAID I MIGHT GET A RIDE FROM THE TOWER OR CALL A CAB. HAS NO ONE NOTICE THERE IS NO SPARE TIRE. 3 TO 4 YEARS FROM NOW WHEN I AM TRYING TO SELL THIS CAR IS ANYONE GOING TO BUY IT????"

Ford should reward the designers of 2013 Fusion!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful Design, Great Price, SYNC system"

Cons: "Need to improve the armrest."

"I got this car last week, before Fusion came to my mind, I checked some others, either small, or expensive, or ugly. Finally, I found out Fusion might also be a choice within my budget. Then I realized that this should be my car. Amazing! Gorgeous exterior design even better than some $100K+ coupe, fancy SYNC system even in the BASE model and very beautiful light blue color of interior lights of dashboard. Also, the fabric of seats is outstanding. My mom even believes that it feels more comfortable than the leather. SYNC system works very well and the voice quality is very good. In addition, there is plenty of space for different items, like sunglasses, electronics, remote controls, etc. When driving, it is very easy to control, especially the steering wheel. The brake paddle and accelerator are also with very good feeling to control them. MPG is fine, right now I got 23 average MPG because I drove so much locals. Just one thing I was a little concern was the armrest. I really cannot find a very good place to put my right arm when driving. Maybe some advanced model will have the armrest. In all, I have to say that it really worth to get a car within in 20K bucks like this. Well, nothing like this, FUSION is your best choice for the cars under 20K."

Great car inside and out

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, fun to drive, handles well."

Cons: "gas milage a little disapointing"

"I've had this car now for 8 months and love it. As long as you take care of the paint it will continue to look new and the interior is great. The only thing that has gone wrong is I lost the F from the name on the back. It drives much better with premium gas than regular gas. There is plenty of room for the kids in the back and more than enough trunk space. I'm coming from driving a honda accord hybrid which I thought was a very good car. The only bad thing about the Fusion is that it doesn't get the gas millage they advertise. I'm getting on average about 19 miles per gallon driving mostly in the city."

great gas milage, very good road car

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "61,000 miles on it in 14 months"

"I have had the car since August of 2013 and just turned over 61,000 miles. I have never been in for any service items, just change the oil every 10,000 miles. Best mileage on highway is 35 mpg. Very comfortable and dependable."

BEST CAR ON THE MARKET!!!!!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "GOOD ON GAS,AWESOME INTERIOR,NEW DESIGN IS BEAUFUL"

Cons: "NONE"

"BEST CAR I EVER OWNED! I GET OVER 50MPG'S WITH THE ENERGI! THE INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR STYLING IS BEAUTIFUL. OVER ALL THE CAR GETS A 10 OUT OF 10 FROM ME!"

You get more than what you pay for

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great looking, really nice interior and ride"

Cons: "None that I can think of."

"The 2.0 l turbo is smooth running and has only stumbled once or twice. The quality of the interior is a step above what you pay for. The lane keeping and all the other safety devices (blind spot, back up camera and sensors) should be standard on all cars. They have saved me more than once. This is the best looking car on the road, barring none. GM mid-size looks like a toad compared to the fusion. My only fault (actually my wife’s) is the passenger seat, while power, does not rise up. She feels like she is in a hole and I agree. The my ford touch, sync and navigation systems are good. It takes a little while to get the voice commands for the navigation right but after a while you get the hang of it. It takes a little bending to get into it but it is a four door sport sedan so it is part of the deal. I have the Ruby Red and it looks great. I have 10k on it and not one problem. The MPG is right on the money as far as what the EPA says. I did a blitz run from Virginia to Florida in 12 hours and got a little over 29 MPG and there were stretches where if you drove less than 80 you would be run over so with that kind of speed the MPG was really good. I highly recommend it but make sure you get the safety goodies."

First Hybrid and it is incredible! Period!

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Fuel Efficiency, Quietness, Comfort, Technology"

Cons: "It handles like a lighter car does."

"I have owned this car for a few months and am LOVING the gas mileage. It averages 40.5 MPG overall. Even though Ford says it is 47 MPG, you can expect around 41. You'll get over 50MPG on some small jogs around town, but not too often. The car is especially fun to drive and comfortable. My last car was a 2013 Lincoln MKX loaded. It got horrible gas mileage and the drive of the vehicle was mediocre. I absolutely love the quietness of the new Fusion. It is almost completely silent when driving at low speeds in electric mode. The technology that Ford put in the vehicle letting you know your fuel efficiency is AWESOME! Great job Ford. The lane assist option is very cool as is the parallel parking option. I have no complaints about this car, only high recommendations to buy one! Go Fusion! Go Ford!"

Very happy with my Fusion!

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"This is my first Ford and I am very happy with it. It is so much fun to drive and more power than I expected! I have a 2013 Titanium Fusion with the 2.0 EcoBoost engine. This is by far the best car I have ever owned."

Excellent,

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"I love this car! it provides a quiet and smooth ride. Took it out on snowy, sloppy roads for the first time this week, the car handled the mess great, no slipping and I felt like I was in complete control, so much better than my old Saturn L200. The navigation and SYNC systems are very east to use and provide lots of features for hands free use"

Awful noise from dash - worst headaches ever!!

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "Looks sharp and the ride is smooth"

Cons: "Can't get passed the terrible noise"

"I purchased this car New in October 2013 because my 14 year old commuter was past its prime. Originally I was very pleased with this vehicle and I got pretty decent gas milage with it. Since I drive around 90 miles a day for work that was a big bonus. However, after putting around 800 miles on it a high-pitched noise showed up. The noise is similar to an old TV set or light bulb, very high frequency, very annoying. Ever since then I have been starting my day with a headache due to the noise. I cant even drown it out with the radio. I have been to 3 different dealerships to get this corrected and they all give me a story about how the "technician" can't hear it. I have had over a dozen people tell me they can hear it, including 2 (non-technician) Ford employees. The look is nice and the styling is to my taste, but the reason I only give 4 out of 10 is because I can't stand the noise and the guaranteed headaches everyday. Not to mention the poor service attempts at fixing it. If I had a short commute it might not be as big of an issue, but I don't."

Follow-up on gas milage after 1,000 miles

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "Everthing."

Cons: "None."

"14.5mpg in Pennsylvania winter, 1 1/2 miles each way, back and forth to work on a hill. Let it warm up to <1,000 rpm on tach before engaging transmission. Surprised, but not disappointed. Enjoyable car to drive, satisfying. 30's on back roads, highway. Engine winds out with satisfying sound, auto trans matches engine well, takes it right to redline. Engine feels performance oriented. There's more to life than gas milage. Wouldn't undo the deal, if I had the chance."

No comparison-Nissan Altima vs Fusion

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "FORD HAS A BIG WINNER!"

Cons: "None that I can see"

"Test drove Nissan Altima then Fu, sion. No comparison. Altima is awful compared to Fusion! Fusion is much quieter, smoother riding, much better interior, not as fuel efficient, but much smoother engine, for the same price Fusion is a BARGAIN!!!"

Just got my new Fusion S today for $17,995

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "Great value for my $$, nice interior layout"

Cons: "Glove Box not deep, Learning curve on SYNC"

"Just drove it home this afternoon after owning a 2006 Taurus for last 6 years. Will be interested to see what the avg MPG will actually as I break in the engine. So far so good and hope to update frequently. It rides smoothly with very little road noise. Have yet to master the SYNC functionality. Getting lots of looks as my area of TX has not had too many new Fusions around. Enjoy the comfort of the driver's seat, easy visibility, and nice sized trunk space for my equipment."

great looks, good build quality, good value for $

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "looks, price for the content, nice ride/interior"

Cons: "Engine bogs down a little under a light foot."

"I have just under 7,000 miles on this one. It is the SE with the driver assist, lane keeper, nav, sync, etc. It is a titanium without being one. I had a sunroof installed after I got it. Ruby Red with a tan interior. Solid as a rock and rides very well. It took awhile to get used to the infotainment system but after I got used to it I have no problems. My wife feels the pasenger seat is to low and I agree. It is a little hard to get into since it sits so low. My other vehicle is a T&C so it obviously has a higher seat. I have a light foot and get 26 MPH in town but the engine seems to bog down once in a while under light driving but overall the 2.0 turbo is a dream to drive. It would be nice if it had the dial for the shifter like the new Chrysler 200. It would open up a lot more space. My firstr Ford is 15 years and I think I will keep it for a good while."

pleasantly surprised

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, handling, great price from dealer"

Cons: "no automatic daytime running lights"

"was hesitant about buying a mid-sized car since i have owned large sedans the last 30 years, but was really surprised at this car. rides good, great gas mileage. love the interior and exterior looks of the car. handling is excellent"

2014 Ford Fusion models

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Comfortable Ride, Great Style and Good price"

Cons: "Average Hybrid MPGs - 44 city. 40 hwy."

""This is for EVERYONE and ANYONE - Should you Begin to Hear a High Pitched Noise coming from the Dash. You Can Solve this Small problem. You MUST Ask the FORD Technicians to REPLACE THE FAN MOTOR WITHIN YOUR DASH. This Should Solve your Problem for the 2014 Ford Fusion models. My friend works at a dealership and has Heard and Solved this issue; in the past.""

Love it better than Camry but it you will love it

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Everything and ecoboost"

Cons: "I should have got the active park assist"

"Love this car better than Camry it's so dependable love the ecoboost and select shift transmission I'm never going back to Camry I know ford is better i will only drive fords from now on. P. s. I'm trading for one with active park assist it parks itself"

BETTER THAN MY 2011

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Ventilated seats, sync system, ride, comfortable"

Cons: "Camry in disguise"

"Traded my 2011 Fusion SEL for a 2014 Fusion its way better from the old model. I got nicer features and seats are more supportive. Has a quieter ride on gas mileage very excellent although bought the Hybrid I'm happy with this one got having SEL package. Sync system, ventilated seats and everything was more upgraded on the new car is a plus. Its my 2nd Ford product after driving (HONDA and TOYOTA) proud of the Ford vehicles there wasn't no issues out my 2011 so love the 2014 better went and purchased my 2nd new car has it all in luxury."

Very Comfortable and Fun to Drive. Lot's to learn.

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Outstanding technology integration & accessibility"

Cons: "No spare, Non-locking gas cap, HVAC system quirky"

"Still discovering all of the attributes that the technology package has to offer, as well as learning how to maximize the MPG performance. Short comings that should be addressed by Ford... 1. no lighting around the ignition switch 2. non-locking gas cap and easily opened and accessible by someone intended to steal gasoline, 3. ability to add Navigation to the technology package as after sale add on. 4. no spare tire, 4. add driver controlled audible tones on/off for all onboard alert and warning systems 6. Faster and more complete integration with smartphone technology advancements."

You're gonna love this car!

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Performance, roominess, styling, technology"

"Performance, styling and quality such as this car delivers is the reason Ford motor company is the number one brand in 2013! Unbelievable take-off power with the turbo 4 cylinder Ecoboost engine that you'll swear has a V 8 under the hood when you ask this car to pass a line of cars in front of you. Quiet ride; excellent response to brakes and accelerator; motivating stereo system and superior technology in the controls and dash layout. Trunk space is second to none. Great car for long trips or commutes. Passengers will love the rear AC ducts direct to them in the back too. Can't find one problem to complain about."

Best Car I Have Ever Owned!!!

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "stunning good looks, great audio & safety options"

Ford Fusion AWD Titanium

"Ford has done a great job with the Fusion, but the AWD Titanium is simply the best car I have ever owned. We bought the driver safety options which tell you when you are outside the driver lanes and monitors whether you are getting drowsy based on some measure of consistency. My wife got a warning (shows a cup of coffee!!!) and realized she needed to pull over during a long trip. The Sony sound system is simply amazing. I am hearing song lyrics and audio nuances from old songs which make me realize just how good this car system is. Brings me great joy to have such quality audio in the car. And the Fusion is the best looking car on the road, bar none. I bought the Ruby Red and it's simply just stunning to look at when I park it away from all the cars to protect it from parking lot dings. Too many car designers have gone to weird angles to impress. But to me, this car has classic beauty with gorgeous lines. I bought the car with black leather seats and it's as classy as the top of the line luxury car costing tens of thousands more. There is nothing I don't like about the car. It's simply the best car and I highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed with a Fusion Titanium. The Ruby Red just brings out all its fabulous lines and curves. Look at one in person before choosing another color. As one professional viewer wrote: Stunning good looks!!! I agree. I am proud to drive this car!!!"

Ford Fusion AWD Titanium

Two Wishes

By on Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pros: "Handles great, comfortable ride, confident car"

Cons: "Low clearance to road, could have more punch"

"Wish #1 make the clearance to the ground a bit higher. Plowing snow is not what this car is meant to do. Wish #2 I wish I did not have to turn this leased vehicle in, it is a beautiful car. Problem is, Ford flooded the market with these vehicles and now the end value is higher than its worth. Not cool to do to your loyal Ford owners."

Love it!!!

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Great Family Car"

Cons: "fixures coming off already"

"So far I have had my fusion for 6 months and love it. It could have been just alittle better built for the price but overall its not a bad buy. I had trouble having the windows tinted due to the shape of the windows so they kept getting air bubbles. So of the door fixures by the handles are coming off but pop back on easy so thats kind of a bummer since its a new car I hoped that would have lasted longer. Over all its a great car gets about 30 mpgs on the in town driving I do. I think I would recommend it to anyone."