2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,075 - $21,664.

10/7.9

Based on 133 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

This car is more than I thought it would be.

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Good price, Quiet & fun to drive."

Cons: "I can't say anything bad about it."

"We special ordered a 2015 Fusion Titanium. Love the looks, it's a head turner. We choose the "Brick Red" interior & wheel package, moonroof & white platnium paint. The car drives & handles great. At eighty miles per hour there is no wind noise to be heard inside. Very quiet. No problem with Sync, we found it easy to use. The 2.0 Turbo EcoBoost engine gives all the power you will ever need. It wants to go. I can't say enough about this car. I've had a lot of compliments about this car but the best one was,"it's awesome"."

Excellent overall, would change a few design items

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, lots of storage"

Cons: "terrible console design, bad sight lines"

"Rented this car for a 2 week 7000 mile roadtrip. Loved driving it. Long straight roads, dirt roads,city, major mountain crossings, and the beautiful but terrifying highwway 1. No matter where we were it was fun to drive. Had the hybrid model and averaged 38 mpg. Had it at 42 in the east. Trunk was a little tight, but it was good for the 4 us. As for design I loved the no cap gas tank, the door storage was excellent and the glove box shelf let's you keep things organized. There was even space under the seats to shove things, front and back. There was also space in the rear window to set things without blocking your view. Loved the adjustable headrest for the driver, it gave support without you realizing it. The main design item we hated was the center console. The flat part with storage was to far back and was awkward to get into, even for the passenger. Unfortunately this was also where the ports were located, so we were in it a lot. The cup holders are right where you put your arm, so if something was in it you would keep hitting it. There was no where to put change, and the hole behind the gear shift was useless. It also made the driver a bit to enclosed, there was a lot more space on the passenger side. The other thing that was difficult was the high windows. You couldn't rest your arm on them and the way the window supports came down from the windshield really limits your sight lines. Overall I loved the storage, comfort and drive ability of this car."

Best Car For the Money

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Amazing ride, handling, looks. Good mpgs & tech"

Cons: "Passenger seat could use higher adjustment"

"The Fusion is now the best mid size car in the market. Period. The base engine is wonderful - the others just add to the fun.Have driven them all, and the 2.5 was just fine for me. The car is quiet as a vault, handles like sports sedan and has a super smooth ride without sacrificing steering feel and fun. I have a 2014 SE and I have no complaints, no problems. If I could make any changes - make the passenger seat adjustment higher. It sits a little low. Everything else: Perfect. Have owned Accords, (which I loved), GM sedans which always turned into disasters in one way or another, Altimas and many other competing models. This thing rocks for a decent price. It drives as good as it looks and there is nothing remotely cheap about it. Toyotas are reliable but BORING. I was always a Honda guy, but this car is just more fun and beautiful than the Accord. We'll see how it holds up - my guess is it will hold up just fine. My friends with older Fusions had no problems. It is simply a better car than it's mid size competitors. You cannot go wrong."

really nice change from camry

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"i was not sure at first about quality becouse i hade a bad experiance with ford but ford is now very reliable and really really good quality and amazing mpg i love my ford and now only buy american cars there really reliable"

Lovin this car

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "great mileage, handles extremly well, roomy, quiet"

Cons: "Had issue with SYNC system"

"I traded my 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid for the Ford Fusion Hybrid; spending a bit extra for the Titanium model, and love this car. I drive quite a bit; averaging 30K miles per year, but the savings in gas is fantastic. I use about 90% of the tank from DC to Cleveland; approx. 420 miles, with a tad to spare upon arrival. Can't beat it, and well worth the extra cost between hybrid and gas powered, for those who drive a lot of highway miles. The car handles extremely well, and the hybrid system is almost stealth when driving in battery mode. The only issue I've had, was with the SYNC system; had to be reprogrammed, but all is well now. Very roomy, comfortable, and looks great."

So smooth, yet fun to drive.

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, looks and ride"

Cons: "Differnt type of power"

My new ride....

"I have owned many Fords over the years, and I was in the market for a mid size sedan this year. I looked at many different cars and it came down to a Camry or a Fusion and I just liked the Fusion the best, I was worried about being able to fit in a car, I am 6'3" and a big guy but this one is great! Plenty of room. What I like best is that it just looks so cool."

My new ride....

winner

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

"Does all it is advertised to do in a comfortable and reassuring way. Mileage is closer to 34 than 47; so what? SOme of the tech systems are very complex to use. No spare tire is a negative. Ford dealers are a negative."

A truly excellent car at a fair price

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, 40+ MPG"

Cons: "None yet"

"Great styling, comfortable interior, nearly 41 MPG average over 6+ months of ownership and a neat package of performance, handling, drivability and economy in a hybrid."

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Black on Black with the optional H spoke wheels!!"

Cons: "None yet!!"

"I purchased a Fusion Titanium AWD in September. Simply put....the smoothest riding sedan I have ever driven. The car is sleek, stylish, and a real head turner. Was definitely a great purchase....especially when Ford offered 0% financing for 60 months."

First Hybrid and it is incredible! Period!

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Fuel Efficiency, Quietness, Comfort, Technology"

Cons: "It handles like a lighter car does."

"I have owned this car for a few months and am LOVING the gas mileage. It averages 40.5 MPG overall. Even though Ford says it is 47 MPG, you can expect around 41. You'll get over 50MPG on some small jogs around town, but not too often. The car is especially fun to drive and comfortable. My last car was a 2013 Lincoln MKX loaded. It got horrible gas mileage and the drive of the vehicle was mediocre. I absolutely love the quietness of the new Fusion. It is almost completely silent when driving at low speeds in electric mode. The technology that Ford put in the vehicle letting you know your fuel efficiency is AWESOME! Great job Ford. The lane assist option is very cool as is the parallel parking option. I have no complaints about this car, only high recommendations to buy one! Go Fusion! Go Ford!"

awesome car

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "safe,reliable,luxury,spacious,functional inside"

Cons: "haven't found any yet"

"What can I say...in love with this car.it feels and looks much more luxurious for the price.drives smooth,the noise of the outside world and the engine are isolated to perfection.great driving performances,great gas mileage and comfortable overall.can't share more specific and detailed info,sorry I'm a girl:)))but I know I made the right choice by purchasing this masterpiece,this car feels safe,reliable and makes great family car with sporty feel!"

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, high tech, functional"

"Overall an amazing car for a great price. The leasing pricing on this car is much better than its competition. I test drove a camry and an altima and the prices were in the 300s with a 5000 dollar trade in. The ford was over sixty dollars cheaper and had more features, a more powerful engine, and overall drove much better in my opinion. I don't think the display is confusing as some others have said, but then again I'm in my twenties and grew up around technology. The steering is direct and does help to make the car feel lighter, but doesn't feel overly electronic. I have the 2.0 liter 240hp engine, but the 1.5L engine I test drove felt plenty powerful as well surprisingly. The paddle shifters work well and shift smoothly even when downshifting to a fairly high rpm. All of the features work flawlessly for me, and the SYNC system can do way more than I will ever use I am sure. Honestly, if you are on the fence between this and anything else, test drive this and I guarantee the fusion will be your choice. It's all the little things that make this car so much better, and not to mention you're helping America. I didn't put a rating for reliability because I can't be sure yet, but I have no concerns. This is an unbelievable car that feels like it should be in a whole other price bracket."

Very happy with my Fusion!

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"This is my first Ford and I am very happy with it. It is so much fun to drive and more power than I expected! I have a 2013 Titanium Fusion with the 2.0 EcoBoost engine. This is by far the best car I have ever owned."

I love this car. Great overall car

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Looks, ride quality, fun to drive."

Cons: "I didn't buy it earlier."

"I have owned 37 new cars over the years. This is my favorite sedan I have ever owned. I was initially impressed with the looks of the car and now that I have owned it I wouldn't change a thing. Highly recomend this car to anyone that wants a great car."

First ford in 20 years. GHlad I bought it.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, good value"

Cons: "p/s seat can't be adjusted up/down"

"I have the Titanium model for 2 weeks, great car, great design. Handling & comfort are great. Only one problem , the passenger side seat does not adjust up /down. This is a big problem, my wife has to put a pillow on the seat to sit higher. That is very poor engineering. Otherwise I think the car is great."

The 2013 Fusion is phenomenal

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"This car is so advanced it was a little unsettling at first. With things like My Ford Touch, adaptive cruise control and navigation this car leaped way into the future compared to the last new vehicle (2005 F250 Crew Cab Diesel) I bought back in 2004. Of coarse most of the new technology items on the Fusion are now available on Ford trucks. Driving on the freeway in slow moving traffic (55 to 60 MPH)I have recorded 35 to 37 MPG. Away from town on fast moving freeways (70+ MPH) the millage drops to 32 MPG. Around town my wife gets just under 23 MPG. Gas millage is wonderful and the 2 Liter Ecoboost engine has real get up and go when you need power. Ford is way ahead of everyone."

love this car you will too

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"love my fusion better than my camry and accord ford rocks"

One of the best cars I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun and economial to drive and enjoy"

Cons: "Ford touch and sync took a while to learn."

"In over 9,000 miles of all kinds of driving, I have over 28 mpg average! I have achieved 35 mpg on trips! Ford paid for a wheel chair carrier for this Fusion. I have owned over 20 Fords over the years."

GREAT CAR!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

"I have owned the new 2013 Fusion since it was realeased back in September 2012. I do a lot of highway driving and seem to get about 32-35 mpg on the highway. My overall average mpg is about 26, but that because I cant help but rip into the floor boards with my pedal every once in a while. I have the 1.6 Turbocharged Inline 4 in my fusion, its more than enough power to get you off that line in front of a lot of other people. If you want a flashy, sexy, comfortable, stylish, clean, quick car at a good price.... Buy a 2013 Ford Fusion... I'm certainly not looking back."

Fusion SE 2.0 Ecoboost

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Ride, handling, very quiet cabin."

Cons: "Sirius Radio; small trunk opening."

2013 Ford Fusion SE at Christ Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia

"BEST FEATURES: The 2.0T Ecoboost is superb; the same motor as in the 2013 Jaguar XF and Volvo XC-60. I am getting 24 mpg in mixed driving. The Fusion is the quietest, smoothest-riding sedan I have ever owned (including a Volvo S-80, Volvo 960 and Honda Accord). The leather seats in SE trim are a little different design than in the Titanium; so check them both out. I bought my Fusion SE with the 2.0-liter turbo and Equipment Group 205A (Luxury Package). That combination includes most of the Titanium features as a lower cost. WORST FEATURE: The sound quality of the Ford Sirius radio is a surprising disappointment. The six-speaker audio system is excellent on CD / USB modes, and very good on FM. But the Fusion satellite radio sounds tinny and flat. I have listened to XM for many years on an after-market Commodore satellite radio in my Volvo, so I know what Sirius-XM should sound like. If the dealer can’t fix this, I will not renew free 6-month Sirius subscription. Satellite radio aside, I am happy with my purchase. The Fusion is a refined, very satisfying car to drive. I suggest that any buyer test one and see for yourself."

2013 Ford Fusion SE at Christ Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia

Incredibly solid, comfortable, and quiet!

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "So solidly built, very responsive to driver input."

Cons: "Does require person to take time to learn controls"

"We've owned the Titanium 2.0 liter turbo for 1 month and have nothing but praise for it. Driving dynamics, quietness, quality, solid build, and very good fuel economy (averaging 30 mpg--we live rural with little traffic so in town would be less). We still find ourselves commenting what a great car it is. I'm the "anti-technology" guy and find that I need to spend a little time getting used to the controls. I feel the design is head and shoulders above the Camry and Accord. Also, I think it drives better than either of those and feels better built."

Best Hybrid in it's class maybe ever.

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage and price"

"I have driven this car 2497 miles and I have averaged 44.3 miles per gallon actual with both city and freeway driving. It is very comfortable and is by far the best car Ford has built in the family car class. I tried every thing in it's class before I bought it and nothing compares. It is very quiet and I have been averaging 46.4 miles per gallon in the city. It will not get 47/47 as advertised but you have to learn how to drive a hybrid. Braking is essential. You cannot just stomp on the break. you must plan ahead and drive very conservative to obtain good gas mileage. All of the car company's are over estimating gas mileage. Ford is still the leader in this category. My mileage is not the readings in the instrument cluster. It is actual miles divided by gallons used. It is about time American made cars compete with the rest of the world. I think in most cases the Euorpean cars are very over priced for what you get. Most of the car magazines also over rate them. Instead of testing them like an average guy would drive them, they drive like crazy men."

Best Hybrid on the Market

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "It will get 47/47 miles per gallon"

"My Fusion is a Hybrid SE model and only lacks two options that are available for the SE. My Mileage at4775.7 using 98.63 gallons of gas was 48.42. This was combined freeway and city driving, mostly 20.2 miles back and forth to work and church. The car is wonderful to drive and very comfortable. I have owned several luxury cars and this is the best car I have ever owned (owned over 50 cars). The quality is just great. I have not driven the car in the mountains and I am anxious to do so to see what that does with the gas mileage?"

great car but some odities

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "great looks and drivetrain nice seats good audio"

Cons: "small letters/numbers on the informaton displays"

"I traded in a 09 town and country limited for this car. (We still have a 2011 for the Greyhounds). Nothing wrong with the T&C but I really like the Fusion. I got the deep red ( extra cost) with tan interior. The sync is easy to get used to and I like the use of the thumb drive for media storage. I got the SE upgrade which makes it look like a titanium without the cost but came with the two liter eco-boost. However, there are a few little oddities. For instance I have the pull the button to set the hand break. You would think pushing down would set it like you do with your foot pedal but it is just the opposite: pull up to set, push down to release. The menus on all the items (heat, radio, etc. are very small to read, especially considering the size of the screen. I set mine before I leave the garage so I do not have to play with them on the road. The left side has the clusters for MPG, DTE, tire pressure, etc. Very small numbers and letters. The tach, temp and fuel are much easier to read. Again, I review or reset my items before I leave. These are all minor but there is one glaring error with the Bliss system. In my Chrysler there was a tone that went along with the blind spot detector to let you know there was something in the blind spot. Not so with the ford. It just blinks. I have gotten use to it by double checking my side view mirrors, but the tone would be nice. The ride is great, the build quality is very good, the power is great (2.0 Liter), the transmission is smooth. The sweet spot for going to 6th gear is 45 MPH. I have to remember to dip my head when getting in. The door opening is not as big as a van. If I had to do it again I would have opted for the titanium but that is that. What I have is very nice and I enjoy it. Get the weather tech floor mats and trunk liner. You will be happy in the long run."

OUTSTANDING CAR!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "Outstanding car"

Cons: "None so far"

"Test drove Altima, Camry and Fusion Fusion is head and shoulders above. Camry is nice, but dated. Altima is a piece of junk and not in the same category. Test drove, signed on the dotted line and totally happy. One of the best cars I've ever owned!"