2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,990 - $21,699.

10/7.9

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Fusion SE 2.0 Ecoboost

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Ride, handling, very quiet cabin."

Cons: "Sirius Radio; small trunk opening."

2013 Ford Fusion SE at Christ Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia

"BEST FEATURES: The 2.0T Ecoboost is superb; the same motor as in the 2013 Jaguar XF and Volvo XC-60. I am getting 24 mpg in mixed driving. The Fusion is the quietest, smoothest-riding sedan I have ever owned (including a Volvo S-80, Volvo 960 and Honda Accord). The leather seats in SE trim are a little different design than in the Titanium; so check them both out. I bought my Fusion SE with the 2.0-liter turbo and Equipment Group 205A (Luxury Package). That combination includes most of the Titanium features as a lower cost. WORST FEATURE: The sound quality of the Ford Sirius radio is a surprising disappointment. The six-speaker audio system is excellent on CD / USB modes, and very good on FM. But the Fusion satellite radio sounds tinny and flat. I have listened to XM for many years on an after-market Commodore satellite radio in my Volvo, so I know what Sirius-XM should sound like. If the dealer can’t fix this, I will not renew free 6-month Sirius subscription. Satellite radio aside, I am happy with my purchase. The Fusion is a refined, very satisfying car to drive. I suggest that any buyer test one and see for yourself."

2013 Ford Fusion SE at Christ Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia

This car is more than I thought it would be.

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Good price, Quiet & fun to drive."

Cons: "I can't say anything bad about it."

"We special ordered a 2015 Fusion Titanium. Love the looks, it's a head turner. We choose the "Brick Red" interior & wheel package, moonroof & white platnium paint. The car drives & handles great. At eighty miles per hour there is no wind noise to be heard inside. Very quiet. No problem with Sync, we found it easy to use. The 2.0 Turbo EcoBoost engine gives all the power you will ever need. It wants to go. I can't say enough about this car. I've had a lot of compliments about this car but the best one was,"it's awesome"."

Excellent overall, would change a few design items

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, lots of storage"

Cons: "terrible console design, bad sight lines"

"Rented this car for a 2 week 7000 mile roadtrip. Loved driving it. Long straight roads, dirt roads,city, major mountain crossings, and the beautiful but terrifying highwway 1. No matter where we were it was fun to drive. Had the hybrid model and averaged 38 mpg. Had it at 42 in the east. Trunk was a little tight, but it was good for the 4 us. As for design I loved the no cap gas tank, the door storage was excellent and the glove box shelf let's you keep things organized. There was even space under the seats to shove things, front and back. There was also space in the rear window to set things without blocking your view. Loved the adjustable headrest for the driver, it gave support without you realizing it. The main design item we hated was the center console. The flat part with storage was to far back and was awkward to get into, even for the passenger. Unfortunately this was also where the ports were located, so we were in it a lot. The cup holders are right where you put your arm, so if something was in it you would keep hitting it. There was no where to put change, and the hole behind the gear shift was useless. It also made the driver a bit to enclosed, there was a lot more space on the passenger side. The other thing that was difficult was the high windows. You couldn't rest your arm on them and the way the window supports came down from the windshield really limits your sight lines. Overall I loved the storage, comfort and drive ability of this car."

great car but some odities

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "great looks and drivetrain nice seats good audio"

Cons: "small letters/numbers on the informaton displays"

"I traded in a 09 town and country limited for this car. (We still have a 2011 for the Greyhounds). Nothing wrong with the T&C but I really like the Fusion. I got the deep red ( extra cost) with tan interior. The sync is easy to get used to and I like the use of the thumb drive for media storage. I got the SE upgrade which makes it look like a titanium without the cost but came with the two liter eco-boost. However, there are a few little oddities. For instance I have the pull the button to set the hand break. You would think pushing down would set it like you do with your foot pedal but it is just the opposite: pull up to set, push down to release. The menus on all the items (heat, radio, etc. are very small to read, especially considering the size of the screen. I set mine before I leave the garage so I do not have to play with them on the road. The left side has the clusters for MPG, DTE, tire pressure, etc. Very small numbers and letters. The tach, temp and fuel are much easier to read. Again, I review or reset my items before I leave. These are all minor but there is one glaring error with the Bliss system. In my Chrysler there was a tone that went along with the blind spot detector to let you know there was something in the blind spot. Not so with the ford. It just blinks. I have gotten use to it by double checking my side view mirrors, but the tone would be nice. The ride is great, the build quality is very good, the power is great (2.0 Liter), the transmission is smooth. The sweet spot for going to 6th gear is 45 MPH. I have to remember to dip my head when getting in. The door opening is not as big as a van. If I had to do it again I would have opted for the titanium but that is that. What I have is very nice and I enjoy it. Get the weather tech floor mats and trunk liner. You will be happy in the long run."

OUTSTANDING CAR!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "Outstanding car"

Cons: "None so far"

"Test drove Altima, Camry and Fusion Fusion is head and shoulders above. Camry is nice, but dated. Altima is a piece of junk and not in the same category. Test drove, signed on the dotted line and totally happy. One of the best cars I've ever owned!"

GREAT CAR!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

"I have owned the new 2013 Fusion since it was realeased back in September 2012. I do a lot of highway driving and seem to get about 32-35 mpg on the highway. My overall average mpg is about 26, but that because I cant help but rip into the floor boards with my pedal every once in a while. I have the 1.6 Turbocharged Inline 4 in my fusion, its more than enough power to get you off that line in front of a lot of other people. If you want a flashy, sexy, comfortable, stylish, clean, quick car at a good price.... Buy a 2013 Ford Fusion... I'm certainly not looking back."

Best Car For the Money

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Amazing ride, handling, looks. Good mpgs & tech"

Cons: "Passenger seat could use higher adjustment"

"The Fusion is now the best mid size car in the market. Period. The base engine is wonderful - the others just add to the fun.Have driven them all, and the 2.5 was just fine for me. The car is quiet as a vault, handles like sports sedan and has a super smooth ride without sacrificing steering feel and fun. I have a 2014 SE and I have no complaints, no problems. If I could make any changes - make the passenger seat adjustment higher. It sits a little low. Everything else: Perfect. Have owned Accords, (which I loved), GM sedans which always turned into disasters in one way or another, Altimas and many other competing models. This thing rocks for a decent price. It drives as good as it looks and there is nothing remotely cheap about it. Toyotas are reliable but BORING. I was always a Honda guy, but this car is just more fun and beautiful than the Accord. We'll see how it holds up - my guess is it will hold up just fine. My friends with older Fusions had no problems. It is simply a better car than it's mid size competitors. You cannot go wrong."

Best Car I've Owned

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Power, Ease of Driving"

Cons: "None so far."

"Drives so smooth & so quiet. LOTS of power. 1.6 Ecoboost Engine has so much torque & power. I still have a hard time believing it is such a tiny engine. The gas mileage is amazing. I average 32....but get as high was 41 on the highway. Very fun car to drive on a country road in sport mode. Regular drive is smooth and very quiet...but in sport the car growls a little and the engine braking when you apply the brakes for a turn is very cool. So far I have no complaints with this car. Navigation/Ford My Touch system is amazing. DO NOT understand why so many don't like it. I've had it in 3 new cars so far and love the system. Definitely the best car out there."

Best Hybrid in it's class maybe ever.

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage and price"

"I have driven this car 2497 miles and I have averaged 44.3 miles per gallon actual with both city and freeway driving. It is very comfortable and is by far the best car Ford has built in the family car class. I tried every thing in it's class before I bought it and nothing compares. It is very quiet and I have been averaging 46.4 miles per gallon in the city. It will not get 47/47 as advertised but you have to learn how to drive a hybrid. Braking is essential. You cannot just stomp on the break. you must plan ahead and drive very conservative to obtain good gas mileage. All of the car company's are over estimating gas mileage. Ford is still the leader in this category. My mileage is not the readings in the instrument cluster. It is actual miles divided by gallons used. It is about time American made cars compete with the rest of the world. I think in most cases the Euorpean cars are very over priced for what you get. Most of the car magazines also over rate them. Instead of testing them like an average guy would drive them, they drive like crazy men."

Best Hybrid on the Market

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "It will get 47/47 miles per gallon"

"My Fusion is a Hybrid SE model and only lacks two options that are available for the SE. My Mileage at4775.7 using 98.63 gallons of gas was 48.42. This was combined freeway and city driving, mostly 20.2 miles back and forth to work and church. The car is wonderful to drive and very comfortable. I have owned several luxury cars and this is the best car I have ever owned (owned over 50 cars). The quality is just great. I have not driven the car in the mountains and I am anxious to do so to see what that does with the gas mileage?"

Absolutely LOVE this car!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, loads of fun to drive"

"We purchased our Fusion this past Novmber and are so happy with it! It is stylish, fun to drive (it has a 6 speed manny tranny!) gets awesome gas mileage, has a ton of power, is extremely roomy and comfortable and is everything we wanted. We could not be happier!"

Best Car in the market. Exceeded my expectations

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Engine, Fuel Economy, Exterior and interior design"

Cons: "Wiper blades are not effective"

"I own this car and absolutely love driving it around. The muffled roar of the 1.6 ecoboost engine is simply amazing and the car looks like a killer on the streets. I also added the luxury package with the black powder coat rims which makes this car a head turner for sure. The interior is simply elegant and symmetric(not a lot of cars are) and the feel of the car is no less than a luxury sedan. The only complain I have is the windshield wiper is not very effective during heavy rains and needs to be redesigned. Overall for the price and performance, this car is a steal and Ford has totally redesigned its image with this car."

Love this vehicle

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Tech & convenience options, MPG"

Cons: "Getting used to all the buttons and layout"

"We traded our old Toyota in for this vehicle and we are loving it so far! I was driving the family Escape (spouse now driving it), so I'm having to get used to the different handling of the vehicle, but that'll come over time. The tech & convenience options are nothing I've had are great - no more awkward cords as my phone can no sync up with the car. The turn signal mechanism and windshield wipers take some getting used to, but once you do, you don't even think twice about it. The car is comfy for our family of 4 and the trunk space is unreal. And, of course, love the exterior design."

2nd one I've owned

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Great value, superior tech and better driving."

Cons: "Funky trunk"

"I traded in my 2010 Fusion Hybrid for this one, a 2013 Fusion Hybrid. There have been significant improvements. The ceiling height is higher. The ride is more substantial. There is less cabin noise. The electric mode is stronger and less likely to easily switch back to gas. I can add acceleration a bit and it can stay in electric. This was not the case in my other one. I have been able to get 40 mpg and on the old one it was around 36. The trunk is a bit invaded by the battery. It creates an uneven surface for the floor. Although I found the space a bit more usefull than the old one and I love the fold down seats. This model came with memory seats. My wife and I are very different heights and this is a major convenience. The mirrors even adjust with it. The new model also has a telescoping wheel. The trunk actually releases to a fully open position and not just popped. I got a good trade in on my old hybrid and was able to get a decent deal on the new. Very happy."

An OK car but has issues unrelated to the hybrid.

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, decent ride and handling."

Cons: "Gas savings not worth the high price."

"The Ford Fusion Hybrid is probably the best driving hybrid out of the several that I tried. Or maybe I could describe it as being the "least weird." I found the Hondas and Toyotas far too quirky to even consider, IMO. The Fusion drives pretty much like a regular car. After owning it for a year, though, it has annoyed me enough that I'm considering trading it. It does get great gas mileage (high 40s to low 50s in mixed driving) but it has some serious design issues which have nothing to do with it being a hybrid. 1. Projector beam headlights provide poor illumination. I can't see the edges of the road but frequently get flashed by oncoming traffic. 2. Climate control has a mind of its own, even in the manual mode, and not in a good way. 3. Sound system (basic Sync) has counter-intuitive controls, e.g. no stop button for CD/MP3. 4. Be careful how you put back the wipers after clearing snow, etc. If you don't do it just right, they get tangled and can cause major damage! 5. I had all 4 doors wide open for an hour or so, vacuuming, washing windows, etc. I decided to check the oil... Doors still open, I popped the hood, the (factory) alarm goes off! It took several tries to reset it. 6. The 'A' pillars are rather thick and block your view when making turns or changing lanes. Hybrid related: 1. Weak acceleration on the highway. 2. The gas engine is noisy and vibrates a lot. 3. In winter, when the gas engine is not running (i.e. stuck in traffic) there's NO cabin heat. Yes, you can crank it up all the way, but then the gas engine runs continuously, defeating the purpose of a hybrid. None of these things are unique to the Fusion; they're common to all hybrids. The Fusion Hybrid does ride and handle well, winter driving is good with ABS and traction control standard. The seats are somewhat uncomfortable but better than some other hybrids I tried. So far, I've had no defects or failures of any kind. To get the most out of a hybrid, you should have a basic understanding of how it works. Avoid rapid acceleration and hard braking. Coasting down every hill and long, gentle stops recharge the batteries = free energy! The guys in the big 4x4 trucks don't like it when you "regenerate" but they'll get over it. Let 'em pass you. Aggressive, "hotfoot" and "zoom and brake" drivers need not apply, your gas mileage will be WORSE with a hybrid than with a conventional car! Avoid using the cruise control. Turn it on and watch your "Average MPG" reading drop. Cruise controls were not designed for hybrids. Air conditioning tends to put a bigger dent in a hybrid's fuel economy than in a conventional car. It's electric and drains the batteries quickly, causing the gas engine to run more frequently. In conclusion: Drive a hybrid if you want to save the world, but not if you want to save money. They're expensive to buy, expensive to maintain and have poor resale value. If you're considering a hybrid, rent one for a week before you buy. I wish I had done that..."

Great Car!

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "The Complete Package -not your standard appliance."

Cons: "no manual trans with the 2.0L engine"

"First off let me say I really wanted a Mustang, but the climate in my area, gas prices, and unusable space made me think otherwise... This car is every bit as attention getting as the Mustang, far more practical, great gas mileage, loaded with features that were only available in high end luxury cars just a couple years ago! My car is the Titanium Model with all the trimmings, and after 5,000 miles of seat time, I'm very pleased with the complete package. I did NOT want to drive an average appliance car (i.e Accord or Camry), The Fusion is fun to drive, handles amazing for the size of the car, gets good gas mileage (28 mpg average to date) and acceleration is brisk with the 2.0L engine. The Technology is amazing. My Ford Touch has come a long way since it was first released, a solid recommendation now. If you want an appliance, buy an Accord or Camry, if you want something with great looks and driving dynamics, get this car. You won't be disappointed!"

A super car that is worth the money

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and excellent MPG"

Cons: "Do not open one window slow down over road dips"

"First the negative things about the car. Can not open a back window while driving over 35 mph because of the noise from air rushing in (I open the window for Rover). Front is close to ground and care must be exercised in going over dips that exist in cross streets for water drainage. In my case I exceed the window mpg but that is because how I drive. Driving speed limit on highway computer shows about 37 mpg. Driving at 55 or so the computer indicates 40 or more. Increased speed drops the mpg substantially. Road noise is minimal and handling is firm with the car begging to go faster. The small eco boost engine has plenty of power and acceleration. Sirius XM is free for 6 month and care musst be exercised in extending the service as the sales reps are unscrupulos and you might get a prepaid Visa to pay or do a check - something that they can not arbitralily use. I love the car and find no trouble driving up Arizona hills but it is annoying when the car down shifts going down a hill. Brakes are good and the dual area AC is excellent."

The 2013 Fusion is phenomenal

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"This car is so advanced it was a little unsettling at first. With things like My Ford Touch, adaptive cruise control and navigation this car leaped way into the future compared to the last new vehicle (2005 F250 Crew Cab Diesel) I bought back in 2004. Of coarse most of the new technology items on the Fusion are now available on Ford trucks. Driving on the freeway in slow moving traffic (55 to 60 MPH)I have recorded 35 to 37 MPG. Away from town on fast moving freeways (70+ MPH) the millage drops to 32 MPG. Around town my wife gets just under 23 MPG. Gas millage is wonderful and the 2 Liter Ecoboost engine has real get up and go when you need power. Ford is way ahead of everyone."

So reliable and fun you should buy one too

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

"Best car ever so reliable and all the quality and value a car can offer. I had a Camry but the Fuison is better and more reliable. It's like driving a 4 door Mustang"

own the hybrid titanium and get great milage.

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "great price for what you get."

Cons: "Too small a trunk."

"I can't tell when the hybrid changes from electric to gas, very smooth. The car is fun to drive."

A Gorgeous Package

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Great Looks, great interiors, excellent handling."

Cons: "lesser features for similarly priced competing car"

First pic

"I have to say the reason Fusion caught my attention was it's drop dead gorgeous looks. After that began the research, and every review for this car was generally positive. I test drove altima, and sonata and I had driven a mazda 3 rental for a week. In terms of cabin silence, i'd rate this at par with sonata. A little noisier than mazda 3 and significantly less noisy than altima. In handling, fusion rates the best for me amongst the above mentioned cars. In performance it would be at par with sonata, a little better than altima, and obviously significantly better than mazda. In roominess, altima is better, fusion's better than sonata. And Mazda 3 is a smaller car so can't be compared. Now I am a tall guy (6'2") so this was important. I simply couldn't find an arrangement in the sonata which I was 100% comfortable with. For what it's worth, Mazda 3 does have a comfortable driving space despite a lesser overall volume. The trunk is crazy deep in Fusion. For the same price, Altima and Sonata offer a ton of cool features which Fusion doesn't have, like button start, remote start, leather/heated seats, rear view camera etc. I mean, you can get these features in a fusion, but you'd have to pay extra. Plus the best color in Fusion (ruby red, in my opinion) costs extra as well. Not a deal breaker, but it is a slight bummer. Over all, the car is really sweet to drive. It feels sure and sturdy. I love the interiors. Minus the premium leather touch, I feel they look really well arranged. Better than altima and sonata in any case. The center console really gives the interiors a great feel. Synch system for what i have used (bluetooth audio, phone), works well. A touch screen console for the system would have been a nice implementation. Don't know if that's available in a higher version or in any of the competing cars. Some smaller things are pretty nice, like retractable grips in cup holders, rear ac vents and 3 charging points plus a USB charging point. Don't know what of this is available in competing cars again. I am completely satisfied with my purchase. This is my first car in US (just moved here), and my first sedan. Loving the driving experience here. And this car always makes me smile when I park and glance at it as I walk away."

First pic

Incredibly solid, comfortable, and quiet!

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "So solidly built, very responsive to driver input."

Cons: "Does require person to take time to learn controls"

"We've owned the Titanium 2.0 liter turbo for 1 month and have nothing but praise for it. Driving dynamics, quietness, quality, solid build, and very good fuel economy (averaging 30 mpg--we live rural with little traffic so in town would be less). We still find ourselves commenting what a great car it is. I'm the "anti-technology" guy and find that I need to spend a little time getting used to the controls. I feel the design is head and shoulders above the Camry and Accord. Also, I think it drives better than either of those and feels better built."

Great car, makes people look

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "new design, smooth riding, modern conviences"

Cons: "small quality issuses, engine noise above average"

"This car has the looks...People look to see what kind of car it is.....I had the rear windows tinted and put a set of wheels on it...The color is deep impact blue....Only two complaints are the electric fans are on the noisy side and the engine gets buzzy under hard acellaration ....."

Best Car I've Owned Yet!

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Everything - 2015 Hybrid Titanium Fusion"

Cons: "None Yet!"

My Neewwww Caaarrrrr!!!

"Read reviews, rented, and drove many variants of the Ford Fusion lines... JUST GOT MINE TODAY!!!! I chose the Titanium Hybrid with nearly all the perks you could get...except...I wasn't interested in the driving assistance package...felt it would distract me too much really. There's a lot going on in the dash and the console to really distract you while driving. I suggest you get it home and play with it, do not attempt to really do much with it while driving your first few trips out. Once comfortable with that, then you can go in and customize your screens and familiarize your self a little better. The interior is sharp, very elegant. I like it better than the MKZ, which gets the alright,alright,alright! from everyone usually as the more luxurious model...for wood-grain? Anyhow, the interior lighting is awesome, the dash and consoles have everything you could desire, nearly at the drivers fingertips and the onscreen Sony system is pretty good. I did notice as other reviews have pointed out, the screen could be a little sluggish. I liked the "navigation" feature, but wish i could connect my phone to the video screen and use my tomtom or google maps ...speaking of phones...my iPhone 6 plus found the Bluetooth SYNC device no problems, downloaded my contacts, and perfectly streams my music right from any app to the radio system. The drive...well my first drive, was coming home tonight from work...about 50 miles one way, I chose this car due to my driving circumstances, I drive 100+ miles per day, and wanted a fuel efficient vehicle. I immediately found myself going 95 and definitely NOT the speed limit, but the smoothness of the ride was so great that I couldn't even tell I was moving that fast...set the cruise, and it held at 94 MPH that was kinda nice to see... SO, after about 5 minutes of fun, I dialed it back down, and started paying attention to the "driving coach". This tells you how good you're driving...like i said, get familiarized with the dash at home, I had to be careful not to get sucked into them, and pay attention to the road. But once I arrived home, I changed, picked up a friend, and went for another 50 mile round trip drive... The vehicle and all its hybrid incentives make this car my favorite I've ever owned. I can see myself recommending this to everyone I know, and letting them come join me for a test ride ...till i get maybe 20k miles on it before anyone drives it :)) And the car thanked me for driving it too...after I was told my driving rating for that trip...94 PERCENT!! woohoo guess that's not to shabby. A home run, but a company I've never owned a car from!"

My Neewwww Caaarrrrr!!!

really nice change from camry

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"i was not sure at first about quality becouse i hade a bad experiance with ford but ford is now very reliable and really really good quality and amazing mpg i love my ford and now only buy american cars there really reliable"