2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,193 - $21,878.

10/7.9

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

The 2013 Fusion is phenomenal

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"This car is so advanced it was a little unsettling at first. With things like My Ford Touch, adaptive cruise control and navigation this car leaped way into the future compared to the last new vehicle (2005 F250 Crew Cab Diesel) I bought back in 2004. Of coarse most of the new technology items on the Fusion are now available on Ford trucks. Driving on the freeway in slow moving traffic (55 to 60 MPH)I have recorded 35 to 37 MPG. Away from town on fast moving freeways (70+ MPH) the millage drops to 32 MPG. Around town my wife gets just under 23 MPG. Gas millage is wonderful and the 2 Liter Ecoboost engine has real get up and go when you need power. Ford is way ahead of everyone."

GREAT CAR!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

"I have owned the new 2013 Fusion since it was realeased back in September 2012. I do a lot of highway driving and seem to get about 32-35 mpg on the highway. My overall average mpg is about 26, but that because I cant help but rip into the floor boards with my pedal every once in a while. I have the 1.6 Turbocharged Inline 4 in my fusion, its more than enough power to get you off that line in front of a lot of other people. If you want a flashy, sexy, comfortable, stylish, clean, quick car at a good price.... Buy a 2013 Ford Fusion... I'm certainly not looking back."

This car is more than I thought it would be.

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Good price, Quiet & fun to drive."

Cons: "I can't say anything bad about it."

"We special ordered a 2015 Fusion Titanium. Love the looks, it's a head turner. We choose the "Brick Red" interior & wheel package, moonroof & white platnium paint. The car drives & handles great. At eighty miles per hour there is no wind noise to be heard inside. Very quiet. No problem with Sync, we found it easy to use. The 2.0 Turbo EcoBoost engine gives all the power you will ever need. It wants to go. I can't say enough about this car. I've had a lot of compliments about this car but the best one was,"it's awesome"."

Incredibly solid, comfortable, and quiet!

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "So solidly built, very responsive to driver input."

Cons: "Does require person to take time to learn controls"

"We've owned the Titanium 2.0 liter turbo for 1 month and have nothing but praise for it. Driving dynamics, quietness, quality, solid build, and very good fuel economy (averaging 30 mpg--we live rural with little traffic so in town would be less). We still find ourselves commenting what a great car it is. I'm the "anti-technology" guy and find that I need to spend a little time getting used to the controls. I feel the design is head and shoulders above the Camry and Accord. Also, I think it drives better than either of those and feels better built."

Best Hybrid in it's class maybe ever.

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage and price"

"I have driven this car 2497 miles and I have averaged 44.3 miles per gallon actual with both city and freeway driving. It is very comfortable and is by far the best car Ford has built in the family car class. I tried every thing in it's class before I bought it and nothing compares. It is very quiet and I have been averaging 46.4 miles per gallon in the city. It will not get 47/47 as advertised but you have to learn how to drive a hybrid. Braking is essential. You cannot just stomp on the break. you must plan ahead and drive very conservative to obtain good gas mileage. All of the car company's are over estimating gas mileage. Ford is still the leader in this category. My mileage is not the readings in the instrument cluster. It is actual miles divided by gallons used. It is about time American made cars compete with the rest of the world. I think in most cases the Euorpean cars are very over priced for what you get. Most of the car magazines also over rate them. Instead of testing them like an average guy would drive them, they drive like crazy men."

Fusion SE 2.0 Ecoboost

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Ride, handling, very quiet cabin."

Cons: "Sirius Radio; small trunk opening."

2013 Ford Fusion SE at Christ Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia

"BEST FEATURES: The 2.0T Ecoboost is superb; the same motor as in the 2013 Jaguar XF and Volvo XC-60. I am getting 24 mpg in mixed driving. The Fusion is the quietest, smoothest-riding sedan I have ever owned (including a Volvo S-80, Volvo 960 and Honda Accord). The leather seats in SE trim are a little different design than in the Titanium; so check them both out. I bought my Fusion SE with the 2.0-liter turbo and Equipment Group 205A (Luxury Package). That combination includes most of the Titanium features as a lower cost. WORST FEATURE: The sound quality of the Ford Sirius radio is a surprising disappointment. The six-speaker audio system is excellent on CD / USB modes, and very good on FM. But the Fusion satellite radio sounds tinny and flat. I have listened to XM for many years on an after-market Commodore satellite radio in my Volvo, so I know what Sirius-XM should sound like. If the dealer can’t fix this, I will not renew free 6-month Sirius subscription. Satellite radio aside, I am happy with my purchase. The Fusion is a refined, very satisfying car to drive. I suggest that any buyer test one and see for yourself."

2013 Ford Fusion SE at Christ Church, Kilmarnock, Virginia

Best Hybrid on the Market

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "It will get 47/47 miles per gallon"

"My Fusion is a Hybrid SE model and only lacks two options that are available for the SE. My Mileage at4775.7 using 98.63 gallons of gas was 48.42. This was combined freeway and city driving, mostly 20.2 miles back and forth to work and church. The car is wonderful to drive and very comfortable. I have owned several luxury cars and this is the best car I have ever owned (owned over 50 cars). The quality is just great. I have not driven the car in the mountains and I am anxious to do so to see what that does with the gas mileage?"

great car but some odities

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "great looks and drivetrain nice seats good audio"

Cons: "small letters/numbers on the informaton displays"

"I traded in a 09 town and country limited for this car. (We still have a 2011 for the Greyhounds). Nothing wrong with the T&C but I really like the Fusion. I got the deep red ( extra cost) with tan interior. The sync is easy to get used to and I like the use of the thumb drive for media storage. I got the SE upgrade which makes it look like a titanium without the cost but came with the two liter eco-boost. However, there are a few little oddities. For instance I have the pull the button to set the hand break. You would think pushing down would set it like you do with your foot pedal but it is just the opposite: pull up to set, push down to release. The menus on all the items (heat, radio, etc. are very small to read, especially considering the size of the screen. I set mine before I leave the garage so I do not have to play with them on the road. The left side has the clusters for MPG, DTE, tire pressure, etc. Very small numbers and letters. The tach, temp and fuel are much easier to read. Again, I review or reset my items before I leave. These are all minor but there is one glaring error with the Bliss system. In my Chrysler there was a tone that went along with the blind spot detector to let you know there was something in the blind spot. Not so with the ford. It just blinks. I have gotten use to it by double checking my side view mirrors, but the tone would be nice. The ride is great, the build quality is very good, the power is great (2.0 Liter), the transmission is smooth. The sweet spot for going to 6th gear is 45 MPH. I have to remember to dip my head when getting in. The door opening is not as big as a van. If I had to do it again I would have opted for the titanium but that is that. What I have is very nice and I enjoy it. Get the weather tech floor mats and trunk liner. You will be happy in the long run."

OUTSTANDING CAR!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "Outstanding car"

Cons: "None so far"

"Test drove Altima, Camry and Fusion Fusion is head and shoulders above. Camry is nice, but dated. Altima is a piece of junk and not in the same category. Test drove, signed on the dotted line and totally happy. One of the best cars I've ever owned!"

I rented the 2013 model

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Mirriors and front seat comfort"

Cons: ""A" post cuts visability ( side mirrior areas)"

"The only negative issue with the Fusion that I found was the " A " post design. When turning left I had to lean forward quite a bit to see where I was turning. Its a definite blind spot! One example is at night ( being unfamiliar with the streets and entrances, I turned left into oncoming traffic ( mall entrance) . Other than that it was a great all around driving experience. Tip: Try to rent a vehicle a few days before making a final purchase."