2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,895 - $21,644.

10/7.9

Based on 174 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

2013 1.6L EcoBoost - I'll buy another

By on Sunday, August 09, 2015

Pros: "Highly functional, excellent for drivers, quality."

Cons: "Seating is literally a pain in the neck."

"Purchased the car in early 2013 - my 4th vehicle - and have since put ~60,000 miles on it. After driving a Grand Marquis, Taurus (3.2 DOHC V6), and Town & Country, this is by far the sportiest vehicle, most user-friendly, and best mix of utility and comfort for long drives. The tiny engine is not lacking: quick off the line and not a bad highway/passing vehicle. I have a lead foot and rarely felt like I need more horses. It stops on a dime - EXCELLENT stopping control. The luxury package is good for the price. Sync controls took a bit to get used to, but now I couldn't think of a 4+ hour drive without Sync, the cruise controls, or comfort of the A/C. Trunk space is adequate and gets better when you add in the rear seat-to-trunk opening which is the entire cutout, not just a small hole like on Camrys. I fit three mountain bikes in the car with a passenger. My big issue is the headrest - it's way angled forward, so you're almost tilting your chin to your chest, but other than that, I've had no problems save for a factory recall on the fuel pump. The half-sythetic engine oil is pricey - around $10 per quart. The Michelin Energy Saver AS tires are a plus, the Turbo gets a bit bogged down in the cold, so the car handles relatively well if you're comfortable in heavy snow/ice, but no huge reduction in performance from summer to winter. It started fine when we have those great -20F degree mornings. It's fun, affordable, and has high utility. Definitely a car for commuters looking for features and a great look."

Best, biggest hi-tech new car ever bought

By on Monday, August 17, 2015

Pros: "Great features, styling, fun to drive, impressive"

Cons: "Microsoft's voice control and mapping limited"

"I was never a Ford guy, but this changed me. Only had it not quite a month yet. It's smooth, loaded, and everything the ads said it is. Could use some better voice control options, (volume staying where I put it, option for a guy's voice) detail in maps, but the other details of the machine is awesome. Already took it from Cali-Denver and back, great on the road and mountain roads. Matched promised MPG or better! EcoBoost is a go! Got plenty jealous looks from original Fusion owners because mine is the new and certainly improved! No regrets that I chose it. Tectonic Silver! Woohoo! It's beautiful. Way to go Ford!"

OUTSTANDING CAR!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "Outstanding car"

Cons: "None so far"

"Test drove Altima, Camry and Fusion Fusion is head and shoulders above. Camry is nice, but dated. Altima is a piece of junk and not in the same category. Test drove, signed on the dotted line and totally happy. One of the best cars I've ever owned!"

Best Car I've Owned

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Power, Ease of Driving"

Cons: "None so far."

"Drives so smooth & so quiet. LOTS of power. 1.6 Ecoboost Engine has so much torque & power. I still have a hard time believing it is such a tiny engine. The gas mileage is amazing. I average 32....but get as high was 41 on the highway. Very fun car to drive on a country road in sport mode. Regular drive is smooth and very quiet...but in sport the car growls a little and the engine braking when you apply the brakes for a turn is very cool. So far I have no complaints with this car. Navigation/Ford My Touch system is amazing. DO NOT understand why so many don't like it. I've had it in 3 new cars so far and love the system. Definitely the best car out there."

Best Hybrid in it's class maybe ever.

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage and price"

"I have driven this car 2497 miles and I have averaged 44.3 miles per gallon actual with both city and freeway driving. It is very comfortable and is by far the best car Ford has built in the family car class. I tried every thing in it's class before I bought it and nothing compares. It is very quiet and I have been averaging 46.4 miles per gallon in the city. It will not get 47/47 as advertised but you have to learn how to drive a hybrid. Braking is essential. You cannot just stomp on the break. you must plan ahead and drive very conservative to obtain good gas mileage. All of the car company's are over estimating gas mileage. Ford is still the leader in this category. My mileage is not the readings in the instrument cluster. It is actual miles divided by gallons used. It is about time American made cars compete with the rest of the world. I think in most cases the Euorpean cars are very over priced for what you get. Most of the car magazines also over rate them. Instead of testing them like an average guy would drive them, they drive like crazy men."

Best Hybrid on the Market

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "It will get 47/47 miles per gallon"

"My Fusion is a Hybrid SE model and only lacks two options that are available for the SE. My Mileage at4775.7 using 98.63 gallons of gas was 48.42. This was combined freeway and city driving, mostly 20.2 miles back and forth to work and church. The car is wonderful to drive and very comfortable. I have owned several luxury cars and this is the best car I have ever owned (owned over 50 cars). The quality is just great. I have not driven the car in the mountains and I am anxious to do so to see what that does with the gas mileage?"

Absolutely LOVE this car!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, loads of fun to drive"

"We purchased our Fusion this past Novmber and are so happy with it! It is stylish, fun to drive (it has a 6 speed manny tranny!) gets awesome gas mileage, has a ton of power, is extremely roomy and comfortable and is everything we wanted. We could not be happier!"

Best Car in the market. Exceeded my expectations

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Engine, Fuel Economy, Exterior and interior design"

Cons: "Wiper blades are not effective"

"I own this car and absolutely love driving it around. The muffled roar of the 1.6 ecoboost engine is simply amazing and the car looks like a killer on the streets. I also added the luxury package with the black powder coat rims which makes this car a head turner for sure. The interior is simply elegant and symmetric(not a lot of cars are) and the feel of the car is no less than a luxury sedan. The only complain I have is the windshield wiper is not very effective during heavy rains and needs to be redesigned. Overall for the price and performance, this car is a steal and Ford has totally redesigned its image with this car."

Love this vehicle

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Tech & convenience options, MPG"

Cons: "Getting used to all the buttons and layout"

"We traded our old Toyota in for this vehicle and we are loving it so far! I was driving the family Escape (spouse now driving it), so I'm having to get used to the different handling of the vehicle, but that'll come over time. The tech & convenience options are nothing I've had are great - no more awkward cords as my phone can no sync up with the car. The turn signal mechanism and windshield wipers take some getting used to, but once you do, you don't even think twice about it. The car is comfy for our family of 4 and the trunk space is unreal. And, of course, love the exterior design."

GREAT CAR!

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

"I have owned the new 2013 Fusion since it was realeased back in September 2012. I do a lot of highway driving and seem to get about 32-35 mpg on the highway. My overall average mpg is about 26, but that because I cant help but rip into the floor boards with my pedal every once in a while. I have the 1.6 Turbocharged Inline 4 in my fusion, its more than enough power to get you off that line in front of a lot of other people. If you want a flashy, sexy, comfortable, stylish, clean, quick car at a good price.... Buy a 2013 Ford Fusion... I'm certainly not looking back."