2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,275 - $20,960.

10/8.0

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Best Hybrid in it's class maybe ever.

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage and price"

"I have driven this car 2497 miles and I have averaged 44.3 miles per gallon actual with both city and freeway driving. It is very comfortable and is by far the best car Ford has built in the family car class. I tried every thing in it's class before I bought it and nothing compares. It is very quiet and I have been averaging 46.4 miles per gallon in the city. It will not get 47/47 as advertised but you have to learn how to drive a hybrid. Braking is essential. You cannot just stomp on the break. you must plan ahead and drive very conservative to obtain good gas mileage. All of the car company's are over estimating gas mileage. Ford is still the leader in this category. My mileage is not the readings in the instrument cluster. It is actual miles divided by gallons used. It is about time American made cars compete with the rest of the world. I think in most cases the Euorpean cars are very over priced for what you get. Most of the car magazines also over rate them. Instead of testing them like an average guy would drive them, they drive like crazy men."

Best Hybrid on the Market

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "It will get 47/47 miles per gallon"

"My Fusion is a Hybrid SE model and only lacks two options that are available for the SE. My Mileage at4775.7 using 98.63 gallons of gas was 48.42. This was combined freeway and city driving, mostly 20.2 miles back and forth to work and church. The car is wonderful to drive and very comfortable. I have owned several luxury cars and this is the best car I have ever owned (owned over 50 cars). The quality is just great. I have not driven the car in the mountains and I am anxious to do so to see what that does with the gas mileage?"

great car but some odities

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "great looks and drivetrain nice seats good audio"

Cons: "small letters/numbers on the informaton displays"

"I traded in a 09 town and country limited for this car. (We still have a 2011 for the Greyhounds). Nothing wrong with the T&C but I really like the Fusion. I got the deep red ( extra cost) with tan interior. The sync is easy to get used to and I like the use of the thumb drive for media storage. I got the SE upgrade which makes it look like a titanium without the cost but came with the two liter eco-boost. However, there are a few little oddities. For instance I have the pull the button to set the hand break. You would think pushing down would set it like you do with your foot pedal but it is just the opposite: pull up to set, push down to release. The menus on all the items (heat, radio, etc. are very small to read, especially considering the size of the screen. I set mine before I leave the garage so I do not have to play with them on the road. The left side has the clusters for MPG, DTE, tire pressure, etc. Very small numbers and letters. The tach, temp and fuel are much easier to read. Again, I review or reset my items before I leave. These are all minor but there is one glaring error with the Bliss system. In my Chrysler there was a tone that went along with the blind spot detector to let you know there was something in the blind spot. Not so with the ford. It just blinks. I have gotten use to it by double checking my side view mirrors, but the tone would be nice. The ride is great, the build quality is very good, the power is great (2.0 Liter), the transmission is smooth. The sweet spot for going to 6th gear is 45 MPH. I have to remember to dip my head when getting in. The door opening is not as big as a van. If I had to do it again I would have opted for the titanium but that is that. What I have is very nice and I enjoy it. Get the weather tech floor mats and trunk liner. You will be happy in the long run."

OUTSTANDING CAR!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "Outstanding car"

Cons: "None so far"

"Test drove Altima, Camry and Fusion Fusion is head and shoulders above. Camry is nice, but dated. Altima is a piece of junk and not in the same category. Test drove, signed on the dotted line and totally happy. One of the best cars I've ever owned!"

I rented the 2013 model

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Mirriors and front seat comfort"

Cons: ""A" post cuts visability ( side mirrior areas)"

"The only negative issue with the Fusion that I found was the " A " post design. When turning left I had to lean forward quite a bit to see where I was turning. Its a definite blind spot! One example is at night ( being unfamiliar with the streets and entrances, I turned left into oncoming traffic ( mall entrance) . Other than that it was a great all around driving experience. Tip: Try to rent a vehicle a few days before making a final purchase."

2nd one I've owned

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Great value, superior tech and better driving."

Cons: "Funky trunk"

"I traded in my 2010 Fusion Hybrid for this one, a 2013 Fusion Hybrid. There have been significant improvements. The ceiling height is higher. The ride is more substantial. There is less cabin noise. The electric mode is stronger and less likely to easily switch back to gas. I can add acceleration a bit and it can stay in electric. This was not the case in my other one. I have been able to get 40 mpg and on the old one it was around 36. The trunk is a bit invaded by the battery. It creates an uneven surface for the floor. Although I found the space a bit more usefull than the old one and I love the fold down seats. This model came with memory seats. My wife and I are very different heights and this is a major convenience. The mirrors even adjust with it. The new model also has a telescoping wheel. The trunk actually releases to a fully open position and not just popped. I got a good trade in on my old hybrid and was able to get a decent deal on the new. Very happy."

A super car that is worth the money

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and excellent MPG"

Cons: "Do not open one window slow down over road dips"

"First the negative things about the car. Can not open a back window while driving over 35 mph because of the noise from air rushing in (I open the window for Rover). Front is close to ground and care must be exercised in going over dips that exist in cross streets for water drainage. In my case I exceed the window mpg but that is because how I drive. Driving speed limit on highway computer shows about 37 mpg. Driving at 55 or so the computer indicates 40 or more. Increased speed drops the mpg substantially. Road noise is minimal and handling is firm with the car begging to go faster. The small eco boost engine has plenty of power and acceleration. Sirius XM is free for 6 month and care musst be exercised in extending the service as the sales reps are unscrupulos and you might get a prepaid Visa to pay or do a check - something that they can not arbitralily use. I love the car and find no trouble driving up Arizona hills but it is annoying when the car down shifts going down a hill. Brakes are good and the dual area AC is excellent."

Absolutely LOVE this car!

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, loads of fun to drive"

"We purchased our Fusion this past Novmber and are so happy with it! It is stylish, fun to drive (it has a 6 speed manny tranny!) gets awesome gas mileage, has a ton of power, is extremely roomy and comfortable and is everything we wanted. We could not be happier!"

Best Car in the market. Exceeded my expectations

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Engine, Fuel Economy, Exterior and interior design"

Cons: "Wiper blades are not effective"

"I own this car and absolutely love driving it around. The muffled roar of the 1.6 ecoboost engine is simply amazing and the car looks like a killer on the streets. I also added the luxury package with the black powder coat rims which makes this car a head turner for sure. The interior is simply elegant and symmetric(not a lot of cars are) and the feel of the car is no less than a luxury sedan. The only complain I have is the windshield wiper is not very effective during heavy rains and needs to be redesigned. Overall for the price and performance, this car is a steal and Ford has totally redesigned its image with this car."

Love this vehicle

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Tech & convenience options, MPG"

Cons: "Getting used to all the buttons and layout"

"We traded our old Toyota in for this vehicle and we are loving it so far! I was driving the family Escape (spouse now driving it), so I'm having to get used to the different handling of the vehicle, but that'll come over time. The tech & convenience options are nothing I've had are great - no more awkward cords as my phone can no sync up with the car. The turn signal mechanism and windshield wipers take some getting used to, but once you do, you don't even think twice about it. The car is comfy for our family of 4 and the trunk space is unreal. And, of course, love the exterior design."