2012 Ford Fusion

Based on 444 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

meh

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "comfortable drive"

Cons: "safety issue with throttle body"

"I bought this car used in 2011, and it had 23k miles on it....In the last 3 years, I have had to: replace the ENTIRE pulley system where the drive belt is located due to the pulleys wearing out(this was at 80k miles.) The throttle body quit working while I was driving and the car powered down at 55 mph. Had we been on the freeway, we would have had an accident. This happened with around 36k miles. The check engine light has come on several times and I've had to have repairs made. When I had the transmission serviced, the guy told me the fluid was a little low...haven't had a problem with the transmission,but with this car, you never know. Currently, the a/c is not working well. All in all, I have had to pay out more than 1000k in repairs, not including maintenance. The gas mileage is ok. It is comfortable to travel in. I would not recommend this car to anyone simply because of the safety issue with the throttle body. I look for a recall on that. We did receive a letter from Ford extending the warranty on the throttle body and a reimbursement for our expenses."

A few drawbacks

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Has not let me down yet, bought it in 2011."

Cons: "TO SMALL WINDSHIELD CONTAINER"

"In round figures I get 26 mpg all around driving and 32 on the highway. Road noise is more than I care for but I bought a small car and that comes with the program. I do have one big gripe that I discovered by accident. The darn windshield bottle is way to small. This winter (13) was very bad for slush, melting ice and other windshield miseries. I hit the washer button and nothing happened. Thought the system had frozen up, stopped at a store and bought a gallon of windshield washer, and put it it the bottle. Well, holy smokes it seemed as though I poured in only a couple of cups full and it overflowed. Had to stop another time enroute to fill the darn thing up. PHOOEY. Otherwise it is a good economy automobile. Basically just the normal upkeep items have been replaced."

Very nice car. Wish I could afford to keep it

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Reason: Lease vehicle- contract expired

Pros: "Great design, great ride"

Cons: "Heavy trunk lid."

"Think this is one of the best cars Ford has built. Transmission went after 20k miles. Complained about problem with bad shifting from beginning. But dealer couldn't replicate until it finally went. After repair it ran terrific. Very comfortable ride and great looking design."

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Ride, handling, seat comfort, very few issues"

Cons: "Inadvertant TPMS faults, no exterior temp gauge"

"Original owner of 2010 Ford Fusion SE with Moon & Tune Pkg. After 5 years and 127,000 miles still going great with very few issues. No throttle body issue at all. Only items have been a wiring connection that was not properly sealed causing car to die out when hitting deep puddle at low speed. Quickly found and sealed. Lug nuts failed prematurely, a recall kit took care of that at minimal cost. Tire Pressure Sensor Fault signal fires off periodically in cold weather for unknown reason. Only an idiot light as far as I'm concerned and it usually resets itself in a few minutes. It has been such a great car I've just got a 2012 version with low miles to replace it, but keeping the 2010 in the family. Hope the newer one runs just as well."

Excellent milage and comfort.

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Everything."

Cons: "Nothing."

"I have had this car for almost 3 years now and I am still very happy with it. Hybrids are not intened to be performance cars. I just drive a little slower because I am not in a hurry. This allows me to set the cruise control and allow the car's computer to efficiently manage the fuel for me. I have a Lincoln MKZ Hybrid also and these vehicle are basically the same car with a differently name and set of features. I will be replacing my Ford Fusion Hybrid with another Ford Fusion Hybrid and the same for my MKZ Hybid."

Great car and gas mileage

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "small trunk"

"Love this car! The only negative is the size of the trunk."

Ive owned MANY Mercedes and NEVER come near this

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Tremendous Value"

Cons: "none now"

"Ive owned MANY Mercedes and NEVER come near the stisfaction I've had owning this Car"

Great car need better driver and passanger seats

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "great electonics handling and economy"

Cons: "seating needs improvement need this car in a hatch"

"why ford did not make the passenger seat a nine/way power seat option in this car is beyond me. The car is quiet to drive and is great for two people. It is short on trunk space and sits low to ground so if you have trouble in that area getting in and out do go here."

Loved this car!!

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

"I owned a 2010 and I loved it! Drove smoothly, good gas mileage, quiet, I liked the no gas cap feature. I had recently been in an accident and it is such a well made vehicle I would buy another in a heart beat!!"

Great car for the money.

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Low maintenance. Easy to drive."

Cons: "Initial depreciation from "new" to "used""

"Great car, very easy to drive, smooth, quiet, and user friendly. Surprisingly large trunk space. Good gas mileage. So far so good."

Great mileage and very quick for a 4 cylinder

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage, responsive, nice styling"

Cons: "Cheap plastic dash materials"

"A great car. The best I have ever owned. It has great styling, provides exceptional mileage (33 MPH on the highway), and shifts flawlessly with the 6 speed transmission. My only negative is the cheap plastic door on this middle of the dash and the plastic used to cover the dash. The dash covering is discolored and is various shades of gray, and is a distraction. Other than that this is an excellent car."

Great Value, Excellent Quality

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "Great price, SYNC, Sport body style, Leather Seats"

Cons: "No Daytime Running Lights or Heated Seats"

"I absolutely fell in love with this car the minute I saw it. It's so sleek and the body style is perfect. The Sport edition is just what I was looking for. It really sets itself apart from the other models of the fusion. Although it was unfortunate it doesn't have Daytime Running Lights, Heated Seats, or the Ambient Lighting. Being the top model I just assumed it would have all the features. Either way the car is immaculate and definitely holds it's value better than my former 2005 Dodge Stratus SXT did."

best vhicke for the money i;ve ever spent

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "the best i've ever owned most trouble free."

Cons: "not a merceedes"

"this is one vehicle that I've owned that has never gave any problems. all other vehicles have always give some type of small problem. this one is good on gas and drives and handles great. it has the power to pass without worrying about getting around the other vehicle. over all the beat car I've ever owned."

Sporty vehicle for commuting to work

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "A pleasure to commute to work with this car."

Cons: "Incompetent transmission, stupid Sync/smartphone."

"My car is the Sport model with the 3.5 V6 and FWD. The suspension is tuned for performance driving and does a good job of keeping the car planted during maneuvering, but eventually the low profile wheels/tires and the stiffer suspension become wearisome on less than ideal pavement. The driver's seat was the the only one with full articulation and has adequate comfort even for long trips. Riding in the passenger seat or the back seat was a disappointment. The car is quieter than other makes/models, but the low-profile tires and tuned suspension were a bit noisy on all but the smoothest pavement. The 3.5 V6 engine has 263 hp and does the job nicely. Fuel economy is in the mid-20's. The transmission is the 6 speed auto and it lacks competence in heavy traffic; pushing the gas pedal to accelerate can actually cause the car to slow down slightly but does not produce the needed downshift, pushing it to the floor gets you a two-gear downshift and launches you into a full-out drag race. I have learned to manually downshift when I need to do some rapid speed changes with a degree of decorum. My car has Sync which I loath. Nearly useless; requires learning how it works, and its operation is unpredictable; sometimes it works, other times it require fiddling. How stupid. Truck is large enough to live in. A decent car, but next time I'll opt for the SEL model with more creature comforts."

Wish I could've bought two.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "price, driving characteristics, engine, comfort"

Cons: "slight understeer"

"This is going to go down in history as the best vehicle I have, and probably will, ever own. I have owned or experienced over 23 cars in my life (so far) and this one is the only vehicle I want to drive everyday. I want to keep it until I die. To be honest, it could use about 20 more horsepower and 30 more lb-ft of torque along with some chassis perfecting so it doesn't understeer as much (next time I'll buy better tires and maybe upgrade the rear sway bar) but it is an absolutely outstanding vehicle. I can't imagine what car would be a more perfect all around vehicle for the price I paid for this one when it was brand new. If you're looking at a Sport model then buy it. I have no regrets."

Love this car!

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

"I love my car! Drives well, has no issues!"

Very nice looking and riding car.

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Nice looking, good technology features"

Cons: "A/C problems continue -"

"Have enjoyed the car so far, however, have ad A/C problems. Evaporator had to be replaced. Fan powers at about a 'slow to slower' rate and car does not cool down unless temp is in 70's. In the shop right now again for same problem."

Love the styling, comfort, economy

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, cheap to operate, electronics"

Cons: "Small wind noise on pass. side, quiet otherwise"

"I think my car looks great. It's also comfortable inside, extremely quiet, and the electronic systems are fantastic. Here in Florida where it's pretty flat, I like that I regularly get 40 MPG at 70 MPH. We drive a lot (34K miles in 19 months) and this has been a fantastic & reliable car."

best and yet troubling car

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "mp3 sync"

Cons: "afew big flaws"

"I love the feel of the car being able to do 0 to 60 in about 8 seconds, but that's the once in a blue moon when I'm late for work on the highway. the troubles i have had are the brake line snapped due to the rotors of the brakes grinding costing a nice penny to fix. the throttle body spring 2 and 6 both broke causing more down time in my car which thankfully was just barely covered by my warranty. the rims are not the best around my rim cracked on the car and that was a pain to replace thankfully ford was nice enough to say we will fix it for no cost. other then those few flaws the mp3 sync is great so i don't look like I'm texting and driving."

Great Midsized Sedan!

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "SYNC System, iPod Integration, Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Too Easy to Shift into Manual M Mode, a Bit Noisy"

"I had this as a rental for a day and fell in love with it. The model I had was a Tuxedo Black Fusion SEL V6, fully loaded, though it didn't have the Sony surround-sound system, a sunroof, or navigation system. The six-speaker sound system was actually pretty good-sounding as far as basic sound systems go. I loved the SYNC System, with my iPod and Android phone paired. Also it had satellite radio which was nice. I didn't want to get rid of this car, and when I get another car it will probably be a Fusion. Ford has done a great job with the car, and the performance, features, and handling are all top-notch. Looking for a decently-priced, decently-equipped new car? Well, look no further than the Fusion! (:"

Overall Great Car!!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Great on fuel and smooth ride"

Cons: "Handling not perfect"

"I have searched for six months before my purchase but this is by far one of the best deals we found. We purchased ours new and with rebates it was a great deal.I purchased one fully loaded and I don't know if I would still love it as much without all the extras. It is a very comfortable and smooth ride and has more room than the Buick Regal but handles like a large sedan. I love the handling of the Lexus Is 250 because it handled like a sport sedan but this is a very comfortable ride.I get at least 24 mpg with the 3.0 and has the right amount of power."

Solid, Solid, Solid

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Efficiency, sturdiness, reliability, practicality"

Cons: "Lazy transmission"

"Anyone who considers American cars sub par has probably not owned one made in the last couple years. The current Fusion takes a back seat to no family sedan. It is quiet, comfortable, roomy, as engaging to drive in base form as any in the class, efficient, and reliable. The look is distintive and has held up well. SYNC is best in industry in ease and use. Only quibble is a transmission that is best described as 'lazy', particularly when cold. Well done, Ford and can't wait to see uber-sexy 2013 model!"

best ford product I have ever owned

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Mileage,sync,driveability"

Cons: "Price,"

"Ordered and bought new in 2009 after daughter bought nonhybrid fusion. Very easy to drive handling excellent Gas mileage varies from 38 - 42 mpg (mixed hightway and city)mileage best when temperature between 50 - 70 degrees.Stock michelin tires have at least 10k miles left(measured 7/32 at 48k miles)I would recc to anyone who wants hybrid that is not a subcompact this car will seat 5 people.Recc Ford improve hwy mileage.Also loud with quick acceleration, otherwise very quiet.Would not recc to DIY mechanic - High Voltage,engine cycle different and transmission way out there. Brakes perform like new at this time.Best voice recognition software I have ever used.a little bit pricey for average consumer looking for gas mileage only."

IMPRESSED BY FORD!! SWITCHED MY ACCORD FOR FUSION

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "BEST NAV. SYSTEM, BEST SYNC SYSTEM IN THE INDUSTRY"

Cons: "EXTERIOR IS CHANGING, BUT IT WILL NOT HAVE A V6 !!"

"BY FAR THE BEST NAV. SYSTEM AND SYNC SYSTEM IN THE CAR INDUSTRY. MY BEST CAR PURCHASE YET WITH 9 MONTH OWNERSHIP AND 7K MILES. MY PREVIOUS PURCHASES WERE VW JETTA AND HONDA ACCORD. I WAS LOOKING FOR SAME SEGMENT CAR AND THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST PURCHASE I HAVE MADE YET. QUIET ENGINE, EXCELLENT V6 POWER, GREAT NAV. SYSTEM, USB PORT, AND SYNC WITH ALL MY ELECTRONIC GADGETS. MY FORD FUSION SEL V6 FULLY LOADED WAS $3K LESS THAN A LESSER EQUIPPED HONDA ACCORD. MY FORD HAS AWESOME MACHINED ALUMINUM WHEELS, MICHELIN TIRES, LEATHER SEATS, SUNROOF, ETC. ETC. I LOVE MY FORD FUSION!!"

Great Value - Great Car

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, sturdy, fuel efficient. Loads of options"

Cons: "V6 will always feel faster, and sound better."

"I traded in my SUV for a most fuel efficient sedan. I am very happy with this car, and it drives like an entry level luxury car. I would recommend you take it for a test drive your self, and decide if the 2.5 4cyl is powerful enough for you, or if you need the v6 3.5 litre. If gas were cheaper, I would have gone V6, because it simply rocks! But with rising fuel costs, the 4cyl is up to the task!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fusion near Honolulu. See local deals